Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Money flight into the airport and air support for the ground transport in trucks.

*awaits the obligatory thread elsewhere asking about the giant convoy on the M50 and what it could possibly be for?*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Thought those were done early in the mornings?

No specific times, that would make it too easy to predict movement for anyone foolish enough to try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Runway 34 in use at Dublin.

Lucky bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

In all my years of flying from Dublin, I've only ever taken off/landed on RWY28, except once when Ianded on 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I've taken off on all four combinations, and landed on three. Just not 34 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭john boye

Finally completed the set when we took off from 34 early one morning last December. Really catches you off guard when you're expecting 28!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Hearing them coming in over my house! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

JCX BXC wrote: »
    In all my years of flying from Dublin, I've only ever taken off/landed on RWY28, except once when Ianded on 10.

I've used 05, 10, 16, 23, 28 and 34! First flight was off 35 (as it then was) in an Aer Lingus 707.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

M-YSIX (Denis O'REDACTED) Gulfstream G650 inbound DUB at the minute

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

EchoIndia wrote: »
    I've used 05, 10, 16, 23, 28 and 34! First flight was off 35 (as it then was) in an Aer Lingus 707.

All of them, and 29 as well, but never got to use 11 for some reason

The fun was back in the days when 23 was the main runway, and being snuck in on to 29 between 2 arrivals on 23, or departing from 29 with a very early left turn before 16 across 23 to then depart on track on the extended centre line of 16.

The hairiest morning was an ILS to 16 with a wind of 050/14G20, we couldn't use 05 as they were building 10/28 at the time, and there were no lights or precision approaches at the 05 end, and it started to snow, so the only option was to move to 16 or a diversion. Only time I can remember looking for the runaway out of the right hand window on short final, due to the offset.

All in the days before they had SSR at Dublin, so once outside of tower control, it was all procedural and separation by levels and distance, unless you were lucky and could see the conflicting traffic. Fun Days

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

First wave of incoming today are arriving on 34.EI104 is the first in. 28 will probably reopen shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

412620.JPG

Outstanding.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is EIN1KP a new callsign for EI104 JFK-DUB?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

marno21 wrote: »
    Is EIN1KP a new callsign for EI104 JFK-DUB?

it's certainly on FR24 at the moment, but that may be a lack of full information on their system, rather than a change. There are 2 330's within a 1000 Ft of each other in Mid atlantic right now, the EI104/EIN1KP, and EI100/EIN1TC from Newark, almost inseperable on FR24 at the moment, they are so close, one at FL380, the other at FL390. The EIN1KP does not have the normal flight number on it today.

Slightly scary, at 0240, there are 18 long haul flights on FR24 inbound to Dublin , 3 over Europe, the rest all coming from the States.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Is there any reason why flights from America always arrive in the early morning?

Time zone difference effectively, nobody wants to depart New York at 2am or 4am, so you won't be arriving in to Ireland from about 12pm - 6pm. Then many (myself included) wouldn't like to spend the day light hours travelling eastbound over the Atlantic, so I suppose were left with the 6am-11am window for most arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Time zone difference effectively, nobody wants to depart New York at 2am or 4am, so you won't be arriving in to Ireland from about 12pm - 6pm. Then many (myself included) wouldn't like to spend the day light hours travelling eastbound over the Atlantic, so I suppose were left with the 6am-11am window for most arrivals.

I think it's a crying shame that we don't have more daytime eastbound flights.

By all accounts the EI one from JFK was full most of the time. I've taken BA via LHR on more than one occasion so as to avoid the purgatory of the transatlantic night.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭aisling86

Sqwak 7700 just alerted on my FR app...Paris to New York AFR8....Must say fight path looks questionable. Can't post pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

aisling86 wrote: »
    Sqwak 7700 just alerted on my FR app...Paris to New York AFR8....Must say fight path looks questionable. Can't post pics.

Yeah see that - probably holding to land?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Doesn't really look like a true 7700 approach!

Noxegon wrote: »
    I think it's a crying shame that we don't have more daytime eastbound flights.

By all accounts the EI one from JFK was full most of the time. I've taken BA via LHR on more than one occasion so as to avoid the purgatory of the transatlantic night.

Surely there is a reason that Aer Lingus have discontinued it for this year?

AFR8 on final approach to CDG now

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

DL33 LHR to Atlanta seems to have turned back and decending into SNN.

correction DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

On the way into Dublin now

KL939 AMS-DUB went around at DUB, not sure why, seems to be taking it's time for a second approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Gone completely for me, poor ADB-S radar's on them, disappears below a certain altitude.

There aren't grades of 'good' and 'bad' ADS-B transponders, in Europe all commercial aircraft must have at least Level 2 Class 2 which gives 130 watts of tx pwr. In the USA I believe the minimum is 250 watts.

Anyway KLM's E-jets don't have ADS-B at all, they're Mode-S only unlike the F70s that they're replacing. So FR24 needs at least three and preferably four receivers with line of sight. Without that they'll 'disappear' at low altitude. They'll need to be retrofitted with ADS-B in the next couple of years.

Poor choice of terminology on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

EI101 DUB-EWR diverted to KEF (Iceland) today.

T0efv2d.png

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ei101#cdb9950

Seems to be an interesting mix of 757 and 330 aircraft on that route lately, is that intentional?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who owns I-SLNI Dassault Falcon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement