Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,794 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

IQO wrote: »
    EI101 DUB-EWR diverted to KEF (Iceland) today.

T0efv2d.png

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ei101#cdb9950

Seems to be an interesting mix of 757 and 330 aircraft on that route lately, is that intentional?

It was intentional yes. Remember that during the winter schedule the A330 fleet goes for their exams and they have to mix the aircraft about according to demand.

The summer schedule kicked in from this morning and this flight will be an A330 from now until October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

A plane which I assume is the Aer Corps Casa was doing turns over Wicklow Head a few minutes ago, I can't see it on Flight radar, how would I find out what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

sounds like 2 planes 5 mins apart just flew over me in donaghmede nothing on fr either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's a calibration plane doing the rounds. It isn't on FR2 but pretty sure. (heard them many times before)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Any reason for EI101 diversion to KEF earlier? Currently doing the return leg EI100 as EIN1TC (aircraft EI-DUZ) from EWR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

There's a plane flying around over swords at the min some set of lights flashing on it you defo would not miss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

marno21 wrote: »
    Any reason for EI101 diversion to KEF earlier? Currently doing the return leg EI100 as EIN1TC (aircraft EI-DUZ) from EWR.

I see that on FR history, no reasons for it and I checked Twitter they usually have the reasons but none so far for this.

It was strange, they looked to be still closer to SNN when diversion started, so not sure why they didn't just turn around.

33547336131_5513283d91_o.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Actually yeah, 2d map can be misleading ...

• Registered Users Posts: 69,086 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Actually yeah, 2d map can be misleading ...

Also the massive gap in ADS coverage. That dotted line is not the diversion but a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

I can hear an aircraft flying what sounds to be quite low repeatedly past our building on the canal at Portobello, any reason why nothing would be showing up for it on FR?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

VW 1 wrote: »
    I can hear an aircraft flying what sounds to be quite low repeatedly past our building on the canal at Portobello, any reason why nothing would be showing up for it on FR?
    If it doesn't have an ADS-B transponder and FR24 is relying on MLAT (which requires the aircraft to be seen by 3/4 FR24 receivers), it will likely not be picked up at low altitude. I've rarely seen MLAT only planes being picked up below 4/5000ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

marno21 wrote:
    If it doesn't have an ADS-B transponder and FR24 is relying on MLAT (which requires the aircraft to be seen by 3/4 FR24 receivers), it will likely not be picked up at low altitude. I've rarely seen MLAT only planes being picked up below 4/5000ft.

Cool, appreciate the info.

Aer Lingus ran EI4960/EI4961, an A320 from DUB-KEF and KEF-DUB today. Is this to do with the diversion? EI don't do scheduled services between DUB and KEF.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Aer Lingus ran EI4960/EI4961, an A320 from DUB-KEF and KEF-DUB today. Is this to do with the diversion? EI don't do scheduled services between DUB and KEF.

Charter, signified by the 4 on front of the callsign.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Charter, signified by the 4 on front of the callsign.
    Just remembered after posting that Ireland are playing Iceland tomorrow night. Doh.

Just remembered after posting that Ireland are playing Iceland tomorrow night. Doh.

There's Aer Lingus charters to Reykjavik every winter, so I'm not sure whether this is the normal winter charter or just a match charter, I'd imagine if it was a match charter though they'd use Icelandair as opposed to Aer Lingus, although that's not a rule.

Ireland are playing Iceland in Dublin too .. unless they flew there to collect the Iceland team ?

surely not..

Ireland are playing Iceland in Dublin too .. unless they flew there to collect the Iceland team ?

surely not..

The answer is in post no 3714

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭john boye

EI ran a KEF charter last Friday too so today's one was presumably the return.

• Advertisement

800m visibility now at DUB

RVR's
    Touchdown 2000m
    Midpoint 750m

Getting thicker quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

800m visibility now at DUB

All RVR's in excess of 2000m however.

They're also using RWY16 and passing straight overhead here!

They're also using RWY16 and passing straight overhead here!

I noticed!

If LVP's come into place, do they then have to stop all works on RWY28/10?

I also see FR799 TSF-STN has gone around at STN due to Low Visibility also

Edit: FR1883 LIS-STN diverting to LGW as well after a go around at STN I notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

I noticed!

If LVP's come into place, do they then have to stop all works on RWY28/10?

yes, however to get the runway back can take two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F inbound Shannon now. reg D-ALCH.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    yes, however to get the runway back can take two hours.

16 has CAT II ILS so it's not much of an issue, but would LVP's force the works to be postponed?

FR908 STN-ORK gone around at Cork Airport, looking at the TAF I'm thinking it could be low vis.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

EIN84X AMS - ORK Going round, Problem with runway lights showing in Tower control panel at Cork Airport.

• Advertisement

Satts wrote: »
    EIN84X AMS - ORK Going round, Problem with runway lights showing in Tower control panel at Cork Airport.

It's at 30% brightness and EI845 turning for a second approach. Electrical problems resolved to a certain extent apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement