Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

JCX BXC wrote: »
    RVR's below 300m, both diverted and two more entering the hold now.

EI823 CDG-ORK diverting to Dublin
    FR9948 FAO-ORK diverting to Shannon, but now holding again near Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

EI823 CDG-ORK diverting to Dublin
    FR9948 FAO-ORK diverting to Shannon, but now holding again near Shannon.

Looks like FR9948 is off to KIR...

Looks like FR9948 is off to KIR...

Yup changed its mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

EI169 gone around in Dublin because the tailwinds went out of limits. Switching to 10.

FR908 STN-ORK holding at ORK

RVR's did go about the minimum 300m earlier but has gone back below that now again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is the earlier diversions at Cork the reason why EI994 is about to land there from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

kub wrote: »
    Is the earlier diversions at Cork the reason why EI994 is about to land there from Dublin?

I guess EI ops took the opportunity to swap a few machines around... EI-DEO who operated the diverted EI823 from CDG is now in revenue service to Manchester!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I guess EI ops took the opportunity to swap a few machines around... EI-DEO who operated the diverted EI823 from CDG is now in revenue service to Manchester!

It rarely happens here though, seems to be at AMS that they swop them, is that correct?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

kub wrote: »

It rarely happens here though, seems to be at AMS that they swop them, is that correct?

They very often do aircraft swaps at Heathrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Locker10a wrote: »
    They very often do aircraft swaps at Heathrow

I'd imagine that's easier as you often see three Aer Lingus aircraft on stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

first ever flight of dreamliner 787-10 just after lifting off -

https://www.flightradar24.com/BOE1/ce93933

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

https://www.flightradar24.com/BLOCKED/ce8147b

Blocked but interesting distance from San Fran to UK?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

EI685 Geneva - Dublin appears to have gone around at Dublin and is doing a lap of the bay at 3,400ft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

EI685 Geneva - Dublin appears to have gone around at Dublin and is doing a lap of the bay at 3,400ft

It broke off the approach and took an immediate 90 degree right so I'm guessing it was slow departing traffic

Landed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

astrofluff wrote: »
    https://www.flightradar24.com/BLOCKED/ce8147b

Blocked but interesting distance from San Fran to UK?

Thought it took off from Charleston?

Nose wheel steering fault apparently, declared pan pan pan. Issue was resolved during the routing back for a second approach.

I see EI990 is positioning DUB-BHD, is this regular? I thought they did their aircraft swaps at LHR etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭john boye

I see EI990 is positioning DUB-BHD, is this regular? I thought they did their aircraft swaps at LHR etc

An A320 positioned down from BHD last night so this is possibly a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

WK2, AA79 and AF378 overpassing south Dublin on their way to the US just 15 minutes ago.

UqMsEFk.png

M3E2Xvy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

IQO wrote: »
    WK2, AA79 and AF378 overpassing south Dublin on their way to the US just 15 minutes ago.

UqMsEFk.png

M3E2Xvy.png

Nice capture IQO :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Yes, it's regular weekend augmentation now that there's only one based A320 at Belfast City. They need an extra airframe at the weekends with the European leisure routes.

Normally the 'new' one then stays for the forthcoming week and the 'old' one goes back to Dublin. This started in late 2016. Flights used to be EIN4990/91 but seem to have changed number for the Summer.

Seems expensive in terms of kerosene but they don't sell seats on the short hop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69,086 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Probably not worth cabin staff or catering. Whover it was operated the jets for Aer Arann used to sell the GWY-WAT positioning flights and actually got some custom but that was a bit more than once a week and there was no motorways.

arubex wrote: »

Yes, it's regular weekend augmentation now that there's only one based A320 at Belfast City. They need an extra airframe at the weekends with the European leisure routes.

Normally the 'new' one then stays for the forthcoming week and the 'old' one goes back to Dublin. This started in late 2016. Flights used to be EIN4990/91 but seem to have changed number for the Summer.

Seems expensive in terms of kerosene but they don't sell seats on the short hop :(
    It does seem costly but someone must have done the maths on it somewhere! I would have thought they'd do a W pattern for these flights, so an aircraft would do DUB-AGP-BHD-AGP-DUB, obviously with a crew change along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭john boye

arubex wrote: »

Yes I knew there's only one aircraft based in Belfast these days but I was surprised to see one positioning back to Dublin on Saturday night and then back up on Sunday morning. Is that the norm now? I'd have assumed it would be cheaper to keep it and the crew there for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Just a question someone might have a answer for. I have often looked up and seen aircraft at a very high altitude and when I look on flightradar they are not showing up. Would these be military aircraft?

roadmaster wrote: »
    Just a question someone might have a answer for. I have often looked up and seen aircraft at a very high altitude and when I look on flightradar they are not showing up. Would these be military aircraft?

Although I don't know for sure, most of what you're talking about would be private Gulfstreams, flightradar simply wouldn't know where they are going.

roadmaster wrote: »

A mixture occasionally of military but mostly private jets whose operators apply to the virtual radar sites to have them blocked from them. So either they appear as blocked or don't display at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

34 in use at DUB tonight

marno21 wrote: »
    34 in use at DUB tonight

Was last night too.

My jealously lives on! Being from West Clare I'd never take a late night arrival in to Dublin if they're possible to avoid, which diminishes my chances of ever landing on RWY34.

Oh well :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Was last night too.

My jealously lives on! Being from West Clare I'd never take a late night arrival in to Dublin if they're possible to avoid, which diminishes my chances of ever landing on RWY34.

Oh well :)

Instead get to see the metropolis of Sixmilebridge landing on 24 at SNN :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement