Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

smurfjed wrote: »
    Are these aircraft CAT I/II or III?

CAT III RVR 75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thanks, thats why i didn't understand this message...
    Visibility down to 900m at DUB

smurfjed wrote: »
    Thanks, thats why i didn't understand this message...

Not only that but that's a MET viz not an IRVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah lads,

There was no suggestion that the visibility would prevent the aircraft from landing! Dublin isnt affect by low vis very often.

Although 900m met vis shouldn't cause too many problems (providing RVR's are above 550m and cloud base is higher than 100ft), it did mean that there was a large drop in visibility, and if it fell further LVP's may have had to be enforced causing massive delays during the morning rush.

It's not an elitist forum remember, and if we all had to detail out exactly what we meant down to all the nitty gritty, it would be boring.

Marno is a new enough contributor to this forum and I can't understand the hostilities.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Apologies, I meant to put up a second post but fell asleep

Incoming EI136 (EIN13W) from BOS requested use of 10 when told 28 was in use, was told no because of poor visibility at the threshold of 10. They were also told that visibility at the field had gone from 2000m to 800m and they expected further decreases. Soon after 13W landed, visibility down the 10 end of the runway was poor but soon after it all cleared up.

@JCX BXC, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

An SAR S-92 has just flown over Clondalkin. Possibly en-route to Dublin Airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Trebor176 wrote: »
    An SAR S-92 has just flown over Clondalkin. Possibly en-route to Dublin Airport?

Posted in another thread
    Storm 10 wrote: »
    Rescue 115 landed in the Phoenix Park, medical transfer from Kerry, now in Dublin Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

jimbis wrote: »
    Posted in another thread

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Operations have switched to Rwy34 at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Two hours after I land those lucky sods get to land on 34.

However I was in an aisle seat and the window seat person had their head planted up against the window so I would probably have been irrationally annoyed when I spotted the 34 approach. Even madder than the man who made his wife cry in the seat opposite... one serious domestic going on there. He even pushed her out of the way to leave the plane first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Has anyone tried out the IPAD 3D Airspace Explorer by NATS? It looks interesting and it doesn't come with ad's.

Why is there a United 767 parked at terminal 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Why is there a United 767 parked at terminal 1

Yesterday's UA22 got cancelled cos aircraft went tech, supposed to go out empty today sometime.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Anyone know the registration of the C25A over the south east, looks like it's heading to KIR?

Special visitor into CFN this morning, a Cessna 550 from LPL, surely Everton manager Ronald Koeman and defender Phil Jagielka coming in to visit Seamus Coleman.

414371.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

marno21 wrote: »
    Special visitor into CFN this morning, a Cessna 550 from LPL, surely Everton manager Ronald Koeman and defender Phil Jagielka coming in to visit Seamus Coleman.

414371.png
    reg was G-SPRE

34 in use again tonight at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

34 in use again tonight at Dublin.

Isn't that every night long term for maintenance?

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Isn't that every night long term for maintenance?
    16 is used predominately but 34 is used on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

FR5347 incoming from Katowice went around at Dublin a few mins ago. It's lining up for another go at Rwy34

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

First time for me taking off from Runway 34 this morning, a few Ryanair using it today. Bit bumpy though, they need to fill a few of those potholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    First time for me taking off from Runway 34 this morning, a few Ryanair using it today. Bit bumpy though, they need to fill a few of those potholes.

It's the noise that's the worst part, like a car on a deep pothole when you risk buckling the rim. I find it disconcerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Rescue 115 currently circling just off the cliffs of moher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭Comhrá

CardinalJ wrote: »

There was a tragic death there a few days ago. Hopefully not another one.

United's UA24/25 EWR-SNN-EWR appears to have shocking performance lately.

Again last night, the UA24 EWR-SNN-EWR diverted back to Newark, that's the third time I've noticed it happening in the last few weeks. Anyone know the reasoning?

United's UA24/25 EWR-SNN-EWR appears to have shocking performance lately.

Again last night, the UA24 EWR-SNN-EWR diverted back to Newark, that's the third time I've noticed it happening in the last few weeks. Anyone know the reasoning?

What's the story with UA25 SNN-EWR? Not a great week for United to be performing poorly

What's the story with UA25 SNN-EWR? Not a great week for United to be performing poorly

UA25 delayed hours due to last night's inbound diverting back to Newark.

CardinalJ wrote: »

German woman found camping in a small tent at the bottom of the cliff! She was brought up and alternative accommodation arranged.

Gladly nothing too serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

UA25 delayed hours due to last night's inbound diverting back to Newark.
    Just took off about 10 mins ago. Did anyone have to give up their seat? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

German woman found camping in a small tent at the bottom of the cliff! She was brought up and alternative accommodation arranged.

Gladly nothing too serious!

And people are complaining about Rescue 116 being sent to help an injured trawler man !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement