Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I was thinking the altitude of FR225 for RWY28 was wrong!

Why's 34 in use?

DAA decided to have a stroll on 28. :D ''Walking inspection"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

The Russians have sent some bombers again did they come near Ireland I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

From what I've read they were intercepted somewhere off the Northwest coast of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

jimbis wrote: »
    From what I've read they were intercepted somewhere off the Northwest coast of Ireland.

Mightn't be over yet. RRR2311, RAF KC-2 Voyger, currently on a NW heading, South of Forth William.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Mightn't be over yet. RRR2311, RAF KC-2 Voyger, currently on a NW heading, South of Forth William.

Now gone invisible on FR24

• Advertisement

2 x BlackJacks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Had to google that. The Russians did make some sexy planes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

https://www.flightradar24.com/AZA680/8db5365

Al Italia A330 from Rome - Buenos Aires, any idea why it´s so low (FL280) over east coast of Spain ?

edit - 777 ..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

https://www.flightradar24.com/AZA680/8db5365

Al Italia A330 from Rome - Buenos Aires, any idea why it´s so low (FL280) over east coast of Spain ?

I'd guess that he's trying to stay out of the local jetstream, either because of the speed of the adverse winds, or to avoid turbulence,

This map gives some current details

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=jetstream;sess=

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

ATILA1 USAF F15 Eagle squaking 7700, appears to be heading for RAF Lakenheath.

• Advertisement

2 x BlackJacks
    Have a look at the following post from highlydebased http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98779668&postcount=614
    Great photo with the 2 Fighter's to the rear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Iron Maiden en-route to Fort Lauderdale, piloted by Bruce Dickinson himself \m/

http://www.flightradar24.com/ABD666/8dcbc0b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Iron Maiden en-route to Fort Lauderdale, piloted by Bruce Dickinson himself \m/

He's been off doing his 747 type rating for this tour. 12 months ago he was battling cancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Stobart100P just departed DUB for ORK, wonder is it replacing something in ORK or positioning for an extra flight maybe? EI-REI, ATR 72-200

EDIT: must be an FR24 glitch with the destination, its eastbound and climbing, not headed for ORK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Stobart100P just departed DUB for ORK, wonder is it replacing something in ORK or positioning for an extra flight maybe? EI-REI, ATR 72-200

EDIT: must be an FR24 glitch with the destination, its eastbound and climbing, not headed for ORK anyway.

Stobart have been training lately from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

P at the end of the callsign means positioning
    T means training

POS to glorious Sen.

Not sure if anyone here follows Guido Warnecke, corporate pilot who also does ferry flights, he has lots of very interesting and informative videos on youtube of his flights as captain of a Citation and a King Air.

Anyway, he's currently enroute from Goose Bay (CYYR) to Jersey (EGJJ) in a Piper Seneca. 13hr flight, should be transitting the Shannon zone in the next two hours or so. Not coming up on FR24 unfortunately. Reg is N4447X

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Guido Warnecke
    I hope that he isnt employed by Robert Weaver :) Thanks for the youtube pointer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

peter1892 wrote: »
    He's been off doing his 747 type rating for this tour. 12 months ago he was battling cancer!

Very cool
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153295696157051.1073741832.172685102050&type=3

smurfjed wrote: »
    I hope that he isnt employed by Robert Weaver :) Thanks for the youtube pointer.

Ah, the infamous Mr. Weaver.....

Guido Warnecke is contracted by Alpha2Bravo aircraft logistics. Huge credit due to him, a very capable operator, he covers most of the globe in anything ranging from single engine pistons, turboprops, to corporate jets. Most of the videos on YouTube are over a year old with the exception of the ferry flight of a Mooney recently, but more videos coming soon I believe...

• Advertisement

EI105 just airborne from DUB to JFK, returning to DUB, i didnt hear the reason.

EI105 just airborne from DUB to JFK, returning to DUB, i didnt hear the reason.

Gear wouldn't retract

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Just looking at the flight path of EI105 on return to DUB, I presume that EI 330's can dump fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I presume that EI 330's can dump fuel?
    Depends on if the airline purchased the option, alternatively I'm sure that it can do an overweight landing.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Depends on if the airline purchased the option, alternatively I'm sure that it can do an overweight landing.

Do you know if Aer Lingus purchased that option?

Just looking at the flight path of EI105 on return to DUB, I presume that EI 330's can dump fuel?

May not have been necessary, depending on the load and the fuel on board, JFK is not a long flight in the capability of the 330, so it probably wasn't that heavy in the scale of things.

That flight path looks more like ATC separation to get other traffic down, maybe clear the holding point, and to get following traffic far enough back to allow things like runway inspection (R15 did a pass along the runway after the 105 landed).

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

EI 330's do not have jettison capabilities.

May not have been necessary, depending on the load and the fuel on board, JFK is not a long flight in the capability of the 330, so it probably wasn't that heavy in the scale of things.

That flight path looks more like ATC separation to get other traffic down, maybe clear the holding point, and to get following traffic far enough back to allow things like runway inspection (R15 did a pass along the runway after the 105 landed).

That's what I thought. It didn't look like a path taken with the intention of burning fuel. It must have been fairly close to it's max landing weight if a runway inspection was carried out afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It must have been fairly close to it's max landing weight if a runway inspection was carried out afterwards?

Wouldn't be so sure, considering the nature of the incident was actually due to a fault with the landing gear.

Seen it reported on facebook. These reports get more stupid by the day.

"Flight EI-105 had been in contact with Air Traffic controllers at(?) Dublin"

You'd hope that'd be the case wouldn't you.

The comments are even worse
    "Reassuring to know they return safely" - Well it's not like there was a crash imminent.
    "Well done pilots and crew who know their stuff" - You'd hope they do
    "This is why I always fly Aer Lingus, they know their stuff" - No comment

• Advertisement

I am guessing, with no inside information to base this on, gear retract failure due to hydraulic problems, the most likely a leak on the "up" mechanism, so put the rest of the gear down again to be sure it's really down and locked, land it, and then inspect the runway to make sure that it's not been contaminated by leaking hydraulic fluid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement