Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,794 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

What's going on at DUB? serious amount of circling the airport, I've just seen two sets of jets looping over the wicklow mountains while out walking. They were not 3km apart either, well maybe they were, hard to judge from the ground.

Active runway switched to landing & taking off from the west instead of from the east.

Aircraft were using the alternative holding patterns for that approach while the change took place.

Again any of this info is available using the playback function on Flightradar24.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Ei183 just gone around

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

browner85 wrote: »
    Ei183 just gone around
    21:10 DUB-LHR landing before the 20:10 DUB-LHR with a go around included.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR4845 BGY-DUB also gone around.

Tailwind? Or just being unlucky with runway incursions.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

They were not 3km apart either, well maybe they were, hard to judge from the ground.

Aircraft are generally separated vertically rather than laterally while holding, so no need for any lateral separation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Antonov An-124 on it's way to Shannon?

http://fr24.com/ADB2034/d449ae6

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Antonov An-124 on it's way to Shannon?

http://fr24.com/ADB2034/d449ae6

Yep just passed over me in Limerick.. Absolutely huge

Anyone know what time it's taking off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

marno21 wrote: »

Stood out at 30,000ft over Dublin so can only imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Due out at 1000 this morning

Stood out at 30,000ft over Dublin so can only imagine!

Was a different kettle of fish to the 737s, A320s and ATRs were used to seeing!

Went to SNN last night hoping to see a takeoff but alas after the final RYR plane came in, out came the runway resurface crew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Was a different kettle of fish to the 737s, A320s and ATRs were used to seeing!

Went to SNN last night hoping to see a takeoff but alas after the final RYR plane came in, out came the runway resurface crew.

It's lined up on 06 will be airborne any moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

CS-DLF on the way into knock now. Dassault falcon.

Shannon's Delta service to JFK resumes tomorrow.

Also note that several schedule changes are now in place in order to facilitate the runway works. Some I've noticed are

EI110 JFK-SNN arriving at 06:30 instead of 06:00,
    Krakow, Warsaw and Fuerteventura departing and arriving about an hour earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Laser Attack On Aircraft on Approach for Landing. Audio below.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s01okLvufgYr

I can't believe this is still going on. Recorded just over an hour ago.

I find it amazing how a human being can be functional without having a brain. How can a human being not understand a major thing like blinding a pilot and co-pilot could cause the aircraft to to have difficulties on approach, and the fact that the laser can damage their eyesight in such a way that could cause a crash. Brains but nothing in it.

The aircraft I think should have computer GPS tracking for this kind of thing that can pin-point and locate the exact location of the laser signal. It should be implemented on all aircraft before a crash happens. The lasers these days are very powerful and can blind you.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

UA 767 operating UA126 rom IAD today, any idea why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Only way to solve it, anyone caught gets a 20 year sentence, that will put an end to it wont be worth the gamble to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

computer GPS tracking for this kind of thing that can pin-point and locate the exact location of the laser signal
    There are some aircraft out there that will track the source and may actually attack the source with lasers if the system considers it a threat....  Would be fun to watch this happen:)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

G-SEEK Cessna T210 currently at FL100 overhead Roscrea, quite a famous 210 as it's been flown all over the world a number of times by its owner Andy Hopper.

This picture is on the tail fin if it.

Edit: looks like he's heading for the Aran Islands or Connemara, started his descent now.

FR84 appears to be heading to KIR from DUB. The flight to LTN hasn't left yet (should've left at 18:10) so aircraft could have gone tech?

Plane that arrived from LTN was parked up when I passed KIR.

FR84 appears to be heading to KIR from DUB. The flight to LTN hasn't left yet (should've left at 18:10) so aircraft could have gone tech?

EI-EYT did LTN-KIR, before EI-FIY flew DUB-KIR to do the KIR-LTN return flight. EI-EYT left KIR around 20:50 DUB bound as RYR85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Pax got a tin of paint through security in KIR, when in the hold it spilled, paint is a dangerous good so there was an aircraft ferried from DUB to KIR to do the KIR-LTN return and the a/c with the spillage is being brought back DUB for maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

billie1b wrote: »

Pax got a tin of paint through security in KIR, when in the hold it spilled, paint is a dangerous good so there was an aircraft ferried from DUB to KIR to do the KIR-LTN return and the a/c with the spillage is being brought back DUB for maintenance.
    Jeez I've got water bottles through security a few time (genuinely forgot they were there) but a tin of paint?? That's pretty bad. And how did it end up in the hold ? A gate checked bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Locker10a wrote: »
    Jeez I've got water bottles through security a few time (genuinely forgot they were there) but a tin of paint?? That's pretty bad. And how did it end up in the hold ? A gate checked bag?

Not too sure if it was checked or a gate bag to be honest. Either way security missed it, thats a bollicking for them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

billie1b wrote: »
    Locker10a wrote: »

Not too sure if it was checked or a gate bag to be honest. Either way security missed it, thats a bollicking for them

Yeah for sure, I suppose relevant authorities will be notified as a result of the ASR.
    But also, who thought it would be a good idea to put a tin on paint in their suitcase !!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Time for some photos?
    vuW1eNc.png
    Or any other purpose for this flight?

https://www.flightradar24.com/BE20/d4ed25e

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

IQO wrote: »
    Time for some photos?
    vuW1eNc.png
    Or any other purpose for this flight?

https://www.flightradar24.com/BE20/d4ed25e

HB-GLB of Swiss Flight Services.
    I'd guess photography/mapping yeah

EI491 FAO-DUB touch and go at Dublin, on second attempt on RWY28, next Arrival going to RWY10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Ryanair delivery from Seattle on approach now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement