Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Whilst many of us agree the Cork-Limerick road isn't upto scratch, I didn't think it would reach this stage! N919SA now on approach to Cork from Shannon.

419397.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

AirSERBIA JU500 Belgrade(BEG) to New York-JFK diverting to Shannon now, holding at DERAG at 6,500 burning fuel, medical emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

AN-124 just off the east coast now heading west over Dublin...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Jet2 EXS28D TFS-EDI squawking 7700 over the SW Scottish coast.

Edit: On approach to RWY 24 at EDI now.

Edit: Landed now at EDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

United plane gone around at DUB, came in to land and one wing went down, followed by the other and pulled up pretty close to the ground. Dramatic enough to see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

DY7019 CDG-JFK heading for SNN sqwauking 7700. B787 down to 14000 well off the coast still.

DY7019 CDG-JFK inbound Shannon now, squaking 7700, and at 14,000ft.

Heads up for anyone who listens to the Shannon feed, this has been temporarily incorporated into the Shannon higher feed.

BZ wrote: »
    DY7019 CDG-JFK heading for SNN sqwauking 7700. B787 down to 14000 well off the coast still.

Ah ya just got there before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

JCX BXC wrote: »
    DY7019 CDG-JFK inbound Shannon now, squaking 7700, and at 14,000ft.

Heads up for anyone who listens to the Shannon feed, this has been temporarily incorporated into the Shannon higher feed.

Any idea what's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Passenger giving birth on board.

Not a birth. Engine shutdown

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Passenger giving birth on board.

Negative, engine 1 shutdown, not sure where you heard passenger giving birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Negative, engine 1 shutdown, not sure where you heard passenger giving birth.

Was mentioned on Twitter as the reason.

GBX wrote: »
    Was mentioned on Twitter as the reason.

Fair enough, I'm told it was engine 1 shutdown.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Avherald giving it as an engine shutdown also.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4aa32f55

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I saw what GBX posted and what was on Aviation Herald. Looking at the approach the flight made into SNN I would tend to go with GBX and the medical issue. Saying that I await a report from Clare FM. Also if it was an engine shut down a divert to LGW I would expect. Interesting for us but maybe not for the the passengers and crew.

Foggy43 wrote: »
    I saw what GBX posted and what was on Aviation Herald. Looking at the approach the flight made into SNN I would tend to go with GBX and the medical issue. Saying that I await a report from Clare FM. Also if it was an engine shut down a divert to LGW I would expect. Interesting for us but maybe not for the the passengers and crew.

Flight immediately descended to 13,000ft and there was no ambulance on the ground, it was a tech issue.

Edit:

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/international-flight-bound-for-new-york-makes-emergency-diversion-to-shannon-airport-35814512.html

A Norwegian spokesperson said: "We can confirm that Norwegian flight DY7019 from Paris to New York diverted to Shannon this evening as a precaution due to a technical issue

And also, I'm curious, what approach would you expect it to take?

And also, I'm curious, what approach would you expect it to take?

In what circumstance?

Foggy43 wrote: »
    In what circumstance?

A shut down engine.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Looked like a totally normal approach to me, came in on an Easterly heading from offshore, then turned south on to a normal final approach to the active runway. No holds, or diversions off track, or anything unusual that I saw, as I had the Flight radar screen running in background at the time.

Given they were almost an hour out of Shannon when they declared the emergency, I'd have been surprised to see them go to Gatwick, I've not seen Norwegians SOP's but they will have something like "Land at nearest available" or "Land at nearest suitable", where "suitable" gives the crew some flexibility, it just depends on which phrase their SOP's arrive at for an engine shut down

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

It depends on what the actual problem was. A simple engine shut down and you return to where you have the resources to fix the problem. Fire warnings will be a a reason to go to the nearest airport.

I'm afraid money and accountability is what matters these days. In my old age, looking back in to what I have posted I'm afraid this is the way I am looking. Funny isn't it how your opinion can change depending on your position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Does anyone know why the Qatar is doing a fly-over?

Does anyone know why the Qatar is doing a fly-over?

For the spotters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

making absolute mess for others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Promotional video, there's a helicopter up recording it's fly-over and landing

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

poor RYR665... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

Missing this, and I could have seen it on the go-around :-(

Any idea of departure time?

16:05 as according to the departures list, available both on the Dublin Airport app/site and the flightradar app/site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Anyone else notice that Flightradar24 is moving to a recurring subscription model for the premium features which is kind of annoying if you paid for the app.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Flightradar24 is moving to a recurring subscription model for the premium features which is kind of annoying if you paid for the app.

Also noticed that, you get 3 free months subscription if you've paid for the app though, which seems okay, likely I'll be going back to the old app once it's up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Also noticed that, you get 3 free months subscription if you've paid for the app though, which seems okay, likely I'll be going back to the old app once it's up though.

Yeah me too. I didn't mind paying for it once off but don't want another "bill"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement