Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Use the "Plane Finder" app instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Flightradar24 is moving to a recurring subscription model for the premium features which is kind of annoying if you paid for the app.

Have a look at the comments on the Play store. A lot of people not happy. I'm sticking with what I've already paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

This is inbound to SNN, It's making very slow progress over though, it left FRA at 0800.

Aircraft reg zs-nte is inbound to Shannon, a very interesting visitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Aircraft reg zs-nte is inbound to Shannon, a very interesting visitor.

Why so interesting?

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    Why so interesting?

I'm not entirely sure how to put up a photo of the aircraft but it's not exactly a common sight.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

ZS-NTE is a DC3, which at this stage would be a very rare visitor to anywhere, let alone Shannon, so it's going to be a while before it gets there. It was mentioned yesterday on Facebook, but no details about where it's going on to after Shannon.

It's at present North East of London, they are clearly being routed round the London TMA, and it's not showing as destination Shannon but can be found by searching on aircraft type DC3.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

ZS-NTE is a DC3, which at this stage would be a very rare visitor to anywhere, let alone Shannon, so it's going to be a while before it gets there. It was mentioned yesterday on Facebook, but no details about where it's going on to after Shannon.

It's at present North East of London, they are clearly being routed round the London TMA, and it's not showing as destination Shannon but can be found by searching on aircraft type DC3.

I believe it is hanging around Shannon for close to a month.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just been looking at the facebook page, Springbok-Classic-Air, and it seems that the system is routing them from London to Birmingham, and they are then routing towards Dublin, before going on to Shannon. The route over the Dublin area is not given, but if the weather is clear, this will be worth watching out for, and the sound will be very distinctive indeed, they are flying at somewhere between 9 and 12000 Ft. My guess for Dublin based on present position is somewhere around 12:30

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

Titan 757 G-POWH operating EI331 on approach now too. Personally haven't seen Titan here in a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

There has actually been a few through SNN in the last few years the Moroccan Air Force, Bell Geospace and Samaritans purse.
    This DC-3 is being repainted and going to be put on the Irish register.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

BZ wrote: »
    There has actually been a few through SNN in the last few years the Moroccan Air Force, Bell Geospace and Samaritans purse.
    This DC-3 is being repainted and going to be put on the Irish register.

To be painted in Aer Lingus retro livery according to their Facebook page.

Landed in Shannon around 13:30 (Local)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

https://www.facebook.com/davidmgaughan/videos/10203726332636168/ ZS-NTE passing over Dublin, beautiful sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Pity about the cloud, but it was a beautiful sound to hear just north of Shankill at 12:30 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

EI363 WAW-DUB and KL935 AMS-DUB gone around, looks like a switch to RWY10 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Can't post a link from my phone.
    Just spotted a "DC3" approaching the west coast @ 45000ft and 540kts!!!!! Wonder what Fr24 has confused the with!! 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭john boye

EI-LBT currently inbound to Dublin on EI233 from gatwick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

john boye wrote: »
    EI-LBT currently inbound to Dublin on EI233 from gatwick.

The first time a Boeing in Aerlingus colours has visited London or indeed any European route in about 12 years

Locker10a wrote: »
    The first time a Boeing in Aerlingus colours has visited London or indeed any European route in about 12 years

Did they not do the same yesterday?

JCX BXC wrote: »

Did they not do the same yesterday?
    Sorry I may have missed that, it's certainly a new thing anyway. I'm actually surprised they've not done this sooner

• Advertisement

Have to disagree there, I saw one of the Shannon based 757s on SNN-LHR in Heathrow one morning a few years ago.

Have to disagree there, I saw one of the Shannon based 757s on SNN-LHR in Heathrow one morning a few years ago.

I obviously should have posed my statement as a question, apologies, and thanks for your further knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

When was that do you remember? It operated a SNN-FCO rugby charter once a while back.

When was that do you remember? It operated a SNN-FCO rugby charter once a while back.

I've checked dates with the boss (without telling her the reason of course!) and she says it was April 14. So I looked up the 3 757s in the fleet then for that month on The lingus source and it was EI-LBT but it was actually DUB-LHR rather than SNN-LHR.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

M-YSIX, Gulfstream 650, belonging to Maltese businessman Denis O'Brien just touched down at Dublin there around 00:15.

Well timed with overnighting in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

marno21 wrote: »
    M-YSIX, Gulfstream 650, belonging to Maltese businessman Denis O'Brien just touched down at Dublin there around 00:15.

Well timed with overnighting in mind.

It's quite a regular here. Not sure the passenger, Nationality or the timing is relevant in this thread.

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    It's quite a regular here. Not sure the passenger, Nationality or the timing is relevant in this thread.

Don't think you quite got the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Don't think you quite got the irony.

I don't...unless the "irony" is directed at the old 'midnight rule' which doesn't exist anymore as it ended in 2009....

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    I don't...unless the "irony" is directed at the old 'midnight rule' which doesn't exist anymore as it ended in 2009....

And 'Maltan'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I was going to ask how many commercial passengers were delayed by allowing this aircraft land in Dublin airport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement