Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The aircraft is shown as GLF6 on FR24 so some people may have been wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Marno21, did you consider that there is a good reason why these flights are shown as aircraft type rather than tailnumber?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Normal customers are fully entitled to pay for the VIP service offered by the daa even if flying on a scheduled service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,196 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I'm curious as to how that works in Dublin these days, i remember the old crew customs where VIP passengers would pass, what happens these days for VIP passengers and crew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

9H-VCN on approach to Cork now (blocked on fr 24)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

smurfjed wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how that works in Dublin these days, i remember the old crew customs where VIP passengers would pass, what happens these days for VIP passengers and crew?

I dont fly that often but occasionally myself and the brother have reason to fly we are contemplating doing it according to the website they have their own unit/desk so they may let you enter via there

As with every country money talks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Platinum services effectively a mini terminal. Handling agents for private aircraft use it to transit passengers.

DAA will collect passengers from commercial flights also

Border control will come to there to check arrivals if required, US officials won't go there for departures to the States

Beautiful 737(BBJ) crossing west-east over the country at the moment showing as "B737" on flight radar but the reg is N90R

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Marno21, did you consider that there is a good reason why these flights are shown as aircraft type rather than tailnumber?
    Not really no, given that this information is available to anyone with an ADS-B receiver or anyone in and around the aircraft perimeter of Dublin Airport. It's not like it's confidential, not for public information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭boccy23

Some morning for matching up the trails with planes transiting Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

EI331 incoming from Berlin went around at Dublin. Now lining up for its second attempt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Irishweather

E135 flying from YYT over Western Ireland now.

E135 flying from YYT over Western Ireland now.

N925FL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Anyone at Dublin airport is due for a treat, A340-600 Lufthansa is redirecting there now ..

flightradar24.com/DLH453/dc85043

seems a medical emergency on board...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

LH 453 LAX-MUC diverted over Glasgow to Dublin I think, why not BFS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

vicwatson wrote: »
    LH 453 LAX-MUC diverted over Glasgow to Dublin I think, why not BFS?

Better maintance options in DUB I'd assume.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Better maintance options in DUB I'd assume.

But I think it's a med emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

But I think it's a med emergency

According to Airlive on twitter it is a med. emergency, yes seems strange they diverted to Dublin ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Would the person's nationality ever be a factor?
    Like I myself would need a visa for UK but not Ireland, so if they had to divert somewhere it would be easier to go Dublin than Belfast if that was taken into account.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Take height and runway length into account as well. Lufthansa also sustain operations in DUB but not BFS making it much easier for operations.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Anyone at Dublin airport is due for a treat, A340-600 Lufthansa is redirecting there now ..

flightradar24.com/DLH453/dc85043

seems a medical emergency on board...

Was walking back through the town earlier, and saw it heading out shortly after take off, wondered what it was, looked on FR24 to see it being shown as a DUB-MUC flight, which had me wondering why, that explains it. I didn't think that Dublin justified a 340-600 on the Munich route just yet.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

But a longer flight time to get there than BFS

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Debatable. I've just played it back and they'd turned south east over Glasgow before the diversion started, getting into BFS would have required some serious descent rates to get the height off, the approach to Dublin would not have taken a lot longer, would have given the cabin crew a bit more time to get the cabin prepared for landing, with a much friendlier deck angle, and as mentioned, the transit time to a hospital once on the ground would have been a lot longer at BFS.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Runway length anything to do with it? Heavier load?

Runway length anything to do with it? Heavier load?

No

Multitude of factors come into play not just closest airport, no point landing at an airport that is right beside you if the ambulance to hospital takes two hours by road(for point only). Call will most likely have been made by both the doctors via sat link and Lufthansa ops. One of the "city in the sky" episodes covers medical diversions. Other more simple reasons could be, does Belfast have a 340-600 bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Multitude of factors come into play not just closest airport, no point landing at an airport that is right beside you if the ambulance to hospital takes two hours by road(for point only). Call will most likely have been made by both the doctors via sat link and Lufthansa ops. One of the "city in the sky" episodes covers medical diversions. Other more simple reasons could be, does Belfast have a 340-600 bar.

That was a very interesting section on that programme

The smile on one of the doctors face when he was talking about directing a plane to divert it was a nervous smile tough to make the call at the end of a phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement