Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Irishweather

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Take height and runway length into account as well. Lufthansa also sustain operations in DUB but not BFS making it much easier for operations.

Runway Length? Is 9,000 feet not long enough?

Boeing 747-400 used the runway today, i'm sure an A340 could cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A couple of "blocked" aircraft over Ireland at the moment , heading west-east is "GLEX" N850MP and airborne out of Shannon is "A319" D-AGPS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

vicwatson wrote: »
    LH 453 LAX-MUC diverted over Glasgow to Dublin I think, why not BFS?

DUB has multiple scheduled Lufthansa flights daily and I assume the company also has company personnel at Dublin. This makes for a better range of options when dealing with a diverted flight, including if necessary flying in a relief crew, as has happened on occasion in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Runway Length? Is 9,000 feet not long enough?

Boeing 747-400 used the runway today, i'm sure an A340 could cope.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as if one aircraft lands there, a slightly ''smaller'' one can too. There are more variables than I care to mention, but as EchoIndia has alluded to, there are company preferences when it comes to alternate airports, mainly due to relief crews, mechanical bases and other aspects. I'm sure they considered many aerodromes, but their company would have let them know Dublin was their best option. They may also have agreements with hotels and/or transport companies if they have a number of scheduled flights a day to an airport which would make most diversions less of a headache for operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

VY2472 BCN-ACE gone around twice in Lanzarote and diverting to Fuerteventura, got a nice jetblast off it. You wouldn't think the weather's that bad, it's a lovely 29c and a 12 knot wind (feels stronger) here currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Reporting windshear on the metar in Lanzarote.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

B787-10 on its way to SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Would swear I just spotted a 6 engine AC passing east over east london, can't spot it on FR. RAF or I'm just crazy?

Bsal wrote: »
    Reporting windshear on the metar in Lanzarote.

Seem that alright, wind has been quite variable all day, started off its came from all directions except the south. (Which is ironically in the TAF).

Witnessed a touch and go a bit after that too, Sunexpress from Stuttgart.

Got a nice video of EI876 from Cork, night put it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭Comhrá

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Seem that alright, wind has been quite variable all day, started off its came from all directions except the south. (Which is ironically in the TAF).

Witnessed a touch and go a bit after that too, Sunexpress from Stuttgart.

Got a nice video of EI876 from Cork, night put it up later.

Usual spot near by 03 threshold? I enjoyed a few hours there in 2015.

• Advertisement

Comhra wrote: »
    Usual spot near by 03 threshold? I enjoyed a few hours there in 2015.

Yup, lovely up there. Got a few takeoffs from 21 as well flying straight over our heads. Be careful in the hot wind and hot sun there this time of year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

An antonov 12 due in to cork tonight around 11:30

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    An antonov 12 due in to cork tonight around 11:30
    Great spot. UR-CJN ex Leipzig.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

marno21 wrote: »
    Great spot. UR-CJN ex Leipzig.

Currently crossing South Wales just north of Merthyr Tydfil, 22k ft, 312Kts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Coasting in near Dungarvan, someone should hear a beautiful sound about now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Might be a the weather conditions this evening but I've been hearing what sounds like turbo prop engines over normal traffic from the direction of the airport from earlier this evening and still now south of the airport.

Anyone know if there's anything being tested or the likes out there at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

https://www.flightradar24.com/LOBO02/dd05f91

Quick search of the interweb says it's a military DC9, flying at 62,000ft. according to FR24.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I see the flightradar app is going to a subscription based service. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I see the flightradar app is going to a subscription based service. Pity.

With how often I use this in work and then outside for spotting purposes I think it's a cheap subscription though.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Inbound Baldonnel now from the Paris airshow is Embraer KC-39 PT-ZNJ.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Inbound to Baldonnel now, but not on flightradar; Lockheed C-130. Low and slow over Dun laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

Military C130 just passed over heading into Baldonnel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

de biz wrote: »
    Inbound Baldonnel now from the Paris airshow is Embraer KC-39 PT-ZNJ.

he's putting up a show, just overflew Citywest area, fairly low and fast, nice sounding machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

On hols in Lanzarote, just heard a plane like it was taking off and looked at fight radar but it was going around. Ryanair from Cork. Fairly windy here, all other planes after holding for a while are diverted to Fuerteventura. Was out at airport this morning when a A343 from Hifly went in.

masit wrote: »
    On hols in Lanzarote, just heard a plane like it was taking off and looked at fight radar but it was going around. Ryanair from Cork. Fairly windy here, all other planes after holding for a while are diverted to Fuerteventura. Was out at airport this morning when a A343 from Hifly went in.

Extremely windy gusting to 45kts, but 30c at the same time. Strange weather. Window smashed here at my complex as it slammed shut.

I know people on the Ryanair flight to cork this evening, which was scheduled for 7 minutes ago. Looks like they won't be going anywhere this evening! I spotted the Hifly A340 landing, but from a distance.

12 diversions and counting.

NT526 from Las Palmas(ATR72) just landed, nobody else making an approach.

Meanwhile FR3492 NCL-ACE is diverting to Las Palmas (LPA)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

EIN85C Ace-Cork got away and on the way home

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Global 6000, 9H-VJJ approaching the west coast at level 490 at the minute. Would be a nice view of the country if not for the cloud.

• Advertisement

chinwag wrote: »
    EIN85C Ace-Cork got away and on the way home

It managed to land before the severe Windshear arrived. Sadly the Ryanair to Cork after it wasn't so lucky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement