Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Seems to be pretty busy at the moment - approx 7 in holds, 5 on approaches and 10 on the taxiway awaiting departure! Is it just summer busyness?

Michael O'Leary is fighting with Joe Duffy...they're all tuned in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Might have been u2's plane coming in to land, Thats whats on the dublin airports twitter page anyway....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Might have been u2's plane coming in to land, Thats whats on the dublin airports twitter page anyway....:rolleyes:

That came in yesterday afaik. Nah it was just sheer volumes...usual summer madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Why would U2's plane landing cause delays? Surely it's just another aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Nah, the ego would take it extra space. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There was a runway change in there somewhere, 10 most of the day, they switched to 28 at some stage this afternoon. That tends to bottleneck things for a while, depending on the mix of departures and arrivals.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Anyone else see the CityJet for Glasgow come to land in Dublin on Flight Radar? Or is mine a bit messed up, cause I seem to have lost it. Or I have gone mad!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Anyone else see the CityJet for Glasgow come to land in Dublin on Flight Radar? Or is mine a bit messed up, cause I seem to have lost it. Or I have gone mad!

I didn't see it, but I'd wager it's a new Cityjet Superjet flying from Prestwick on some sort of training flight. They were extremely common a few months ago, not so much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

SV123 has been holding at Manchester, reporting its flaps are stuck in mid range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

jimbis wrote: »
    SV123 has been holding at Manchester, reporting its flaps are stuck in mid range.

Still circling!

https://www.flightradar24.com/SVA123/e288fe5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,379 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lovely 5- plane flyover in formation, banking over Baggot St about 10 mins ago.... Anyone know what that was for?

Practicing for something, or is there something on?

davo2001 wrote: »

Still circling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Though wait for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Lovely 5- plane flyover in formation, banking over Baggot St about 10 mins ago.... Anyone know what that was for?

Practicing for something, or is there something on?

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-air-corps-liffey-air-display-3503590-Jul2017/

Anyone got a link to live Manchester ATC?

I'm assuming fuel dump isn't possible. Is it normal for them to have that much extra fuel on board? Over 2 hours holding.

Water John wrote: »
    Not sure if that is for me but it's Man ATC Live I was looking for if that's possible. Thanks anyway.

You can't listen to UK ATC as its illegal to broadcast online I'm afraid.

Still circling! And that's an inbound flight! They must have some amount of fuel onboard!

Heading for a landing now.

• Advertisement

Has broke away from holding so might be attempting a landing. Descending also

Pax will be well familiar with Peak District. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Probably with a landing at higher than normal speed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Seems to be down

Yeah, used all the runway, according to the Evening Standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

I'm assuming fuel dump isn't possible. Is it normal for them to have that much extra fuel on board? Over 2 hours holding.

Open to correction, but I'd guess that the flap issue could also prevent them from doing certain types of flying that would accelerate the fuel burn?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

UA125 Athens - New York descending into Shannon now...anyone know why?

md323 wrote: »
    UA125 Athens - New York descending into Shannon now...anyone know why?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/united-airlines-flight-makes-emergency-landing-at-shannon-with-engine-trouble-798762.html

Engine trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

They must have some amount of fuel onboard!
    With the cost of saudi fuel it makes sense to tanker to max landing weight regardless of the additional burn off for carrying that fuel.
    The aircraft would have being planned to land at MLW, the flap issue is something else, but if they really needed to, they could dump fuel.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    With the cost of saudi fuel it makes sense to tanker to max landing weight regardless of the additional burn off for carrying that fuel.
    The aircraft would have being planned to land at MLW, the flap issue is something else, but if they really needed to, they could dump fuel.

Interesting, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement