Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

in the last 7 minutes, three flights EX Dublin took off from 28 and made sharp left turns and flew their departure comparatively low over Dublin City centre.

Sky to the west looks dark so am wondering of they are flying this way to avoid weather? :confused:

**EDIT: a fourth has just done same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

in the last 7 minutes, three flights EX Dublin took off from 28 and made sharp left turns and flew their departure comparatively low over Dublin City centre.

Sky to the west looks dark so am wondering of they are flying this way to avoid weather? :confused:

I'd say you did just answer your own question. The afternoon EI ORD flight did the same & came right over my direction. Love to see those A330s from that angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Saw one do that from my garden just now. Don't usually see them come this way

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

Japan airlines flight inbound from Tokyo to Dublin. JL8823 .

Scheduled by the looks of it .currently south west of Bergen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

arbour wrote: »
    Japan airlines flight inbound from Tokyo to Dublin. JL8823 .

Scheduled by the looks of it .currently south west of Bergen

Japanese ladies rugby team maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

AGC wrote: »
    Japanese ladies rugby team maybe

Great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

PA474 Avro Lancaster and LF363 Hawker Hurricane now showing on flight radar over the Irish sea as they make their way towards Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Yes, was on one of these flights yesterday evening and it was due to CBs on the departure track.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Anyone know why EI911 diverted to DUB just now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭john boye

Locker10a wrote: »

Bird strike on take off I think.

• Advertisement

john boye wrote: »

Bird strike on take off I think.

Took a very long time to divert... I know DUB would be the best go to station for EI for tech issues but surly if a bird strike is noticed it's either one a case of all being ok and continuing or going straight back to your departure point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭john boye

Could have been that they felt they were OK to continue to NOC but something changed en route or, like you say, they just decided to get back to DUB and were confident it was safe to do so

john boye wrote: »
    Could have been that they felt they were OK to continue to NOC but something changed en route or, like you say, they just decided to get back to DUB and were confident it was safe to do so

Thanks for the info i thought it might be CB's at NOC which are showing at 1000ft.
    They've cancelled the return so assume the aircraft needs inspection or repair when it's not continuing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Im thinking of going to DUB to take pitcures, will DUB be quite or busier because of the bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Im thinking of going to DUB to take pitcures, will DUB be quite or busier because of the bank holiday

No real difference, scheduled flights are scheduled flights.

However it is currently the busiest time of year.

Thanks for the info i thought it might be CB's at NOC which are showing at 1000ft.
    They've cancelled the return so assume the aircraft needs inspection or repair when it's not continuing

Return wasn't cancelled, PAX were just bussed to DUB instead apparently.

JCX BXC wrote: »

Return wasn't cancelled, PAX were just bussed to DUB instead apparently.
    Aw ok, must have been a very very late rescue flight put on, as the scheduled departure from NOC was 20:45, bussed to Dublin would have taken at least 3 hours so the flight must have departed DUB at around 1am(earliest), I couldn't see any such flight listed as departing Dublin, but then flight radar may just not have shown it.

Aw ok, must have been a very very late rescue flight put on, as the scheduled departure from NOC was 20:45, bussed to Dublin would have taken at least 3 hours so the flight must have departed DUB at around 1am(earliest), I couldn't see any such flight listed as departing Dublin, but then flight radar may just not have shown it.

Actually never mind, appears EI-DEL operated an empty flight back to LGW fairly shortly after landing in DUB. I was only relaying info I got from the DUB spotters FB, which in hindsight one should never do, as the quality of posting there can be lowwwwwww.

Unless another aircraft did the rescue flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Delta flight DL 475 heading for JFK has turned north over waterford towards Dublin. Anyone know what this is about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

ORVEE wrote: »
    Delta flight DL 475 heading for JFK has turned north over waterford towards Dublin. Anyone know what this is about
    Just landed Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

ORVEE wrote: »
    According to Delta it's a medical emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

A Norwegian 787 just took off from Shannon heading to gatwick a while ago...anyone know the reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

A 777 from Kuwait is inbound Shannon too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

John_Mc wrote: »
    A 777 from Kuwait is inbound Shannon too

This is almost a daily flight into Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

davo2001 wrote: »
    This is almost a daily flight into Shannon.

Oh right, didn't know that. Is it for U.S soldiers or Cargo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

John_Mc wrote: »
    Oh right, didn't know that. Is it for U.S soldiers or Cargo?

Its a Kuwait - New York flight that stops in Shannon on the way

It is a daily flight, and is due to passengers from Kuwait needing to clear security in another country before arriving in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

What's happening with the Star Air near Shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

fr336 wrote: »
    What's happening with the Star Air near Shannon?

I'd say just after maintenance in Shannon and on a test flight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

masit wrote: »
    I'd say just after maintenance in Shannon and on a test flight.
    Exactly. OY-SRM did the usual SNN-DUB flight tonight (SRR6529/S66529).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement