Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

LXFlyer wrote: »
    But not from Cork to Shannon - read the post again.

Must be doing an aircraft swap - it appears to be just a positioning flight.

It will operate from SNN to the U.S. today and the aircraft here in SNN is ferrying back to Stockholm shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes looking back over FR24, LN-NIG was the aircraft that had to return to Dublin on Wednesday with technical issues, and then operated to Providence yesterday and back to Cork last night (a day later than scheduled).

LN-NII was brought in from Stockholm to cover the flight from Cork to Providence, did the flight to Shannon and is now almost back in Stockholm.

A bit of switching around to get the aircraft back on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Exceptionally loud roar of a 747 over West Clare now.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

That was a Kallitta 747 out of SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I see Ethiopian are scheduled to operate an A350 to Dublin tonight from ADD. Is that a regular thing ?

• Advertisement

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I see Ethiopian are scheduled to operate an A350 to Dublin tonight from ADD. Is that a regular thing ?

Usually just a mistake on FR24 side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

It's a regular error on FR24. The flight is a 777-300 this morning.

Beautiful Kalitta 747 just flew over West Clare out of Shannon, also spotted a stunning Lufthansa 777 earlier heading into Shannon from New York.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Beautiful Kalitta 747 just flew over West Clare out of Shannon, also spotted a stunning Lufthansa 777 earlier heading into Shannon from New York.

Medical Diversion?

Doltanian wrote: »
    Medical Diversion?

Both scheduled cargo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

How can a Lufthansa B777 be considered stunning?

smurfjed wrote: »
    How can a Lufthansa B777 be considered stunning?

I'm sure in the Middle East, where they're as common as day, they're not, but they're quite rare here and a fairly big machine, so quite nice to see floating through the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'm sure in the Middle East, where they're as common as day, they're not, but they're quite rare here and a fairly big machine, so quite nice to see floating through the air.

Several a day into DUB so hardly rare here.

Again, probably grand for you and the many on here who have sight of the aircraft, but they're still fairly rare in the West (actually every airport outside DUB) In Shannon there's one a day, and that's relatively new.

They're alot bigger than the run of the mill A320's and 737's. I don't really spot that much (find it quite tedious) however it is still quite fascinating to see something relatively rare here going through the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

"Here" is much bigger than DUB

36861280505_b9aae532bb_z.jpg
    Yep they are common, but they are also old, we are seeing 777-200's heading off to the scrap yard.

Lots of holding and some diversions at AGP this morning, thanks to poor weather, with thunderstorms and somewhat poor visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Flying to Madeira Funchal shortly with easyJet, hoping for minimal crosswinds I've seen enough videos!

We were waiting at a runway holding point this morning, 7xB777's landed before they got a gap to allow us takeoff, so I guess that it's fair to say that 777's are common around here :)

Flying to Madeira Funchal shortly with easyJet, hoping for minimal crosswinds I've seen enough videos!

Wind is showing 10kts from the north at the moment, and should be fairly slack all day!

And Smurfjed, wouldn't mind seeing that myself all the same ;)

• Advertisement

Its even more fun when i have no idea about the airline... any ideas?

36751207441_a308f0accd_z.jpg

I think I vaguely see he word Arabia on it.

The ref to me looks like VP-BOW, which is a 737 for Nordwind.

VP-xxx (Dont Google image that) is a Russian reg anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

smurfjed wrote: »
    Its even more fun when i have no idea about the airline... any ideas?

36751207441_a308f0accd_z.jpg

That's VIM Airlines from Russia.

Had never heard of them nor seen them before, the annual Hajj movement really brings in some interesting airlines.

VP-B isn't a Russian registration but one from the Caribbean, it makes it easier for the lessors to reclaim the aircraft rather than if it had a Russian registration.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

ATR 72 STK100T doing training circuits at Knock at present, is this a regular thing or could there be a possible EI Regional flight or two out of Knock going forward?

marno21 wrote: »
    ATR 72 STK100T doing training circuits at Knock at present, is this a regular thing or could there be a possible EI Regional flight or two out of Knock going forward?

Regular thing, also can't see there STK would fly to from Knock, Edinburgh, Manchester and Birmingham covered by Flybe, others covered by Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Seems like runway 16 in use at the moment and quite a bit of holding.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Runway 28 out of action at DUB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Is something up with the ET or is it a FR24 glitch. Seems to be sitting on 28.

Just checked on LiveAtc heard them saying ET needed a tow.

• Advertisement

Back to 28 now for the last 20mins or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement