Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

"serious hydraulic leak", "a lot of fluid from the port side", "gear doors down" according to rescue vehicles on 121.6MHz

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

phonypony wrote: »
    "serious hydraulic leak", "a lot of fluid from the port side", "gear doors down" according to rescue vehicles on 121.6MHz
    It must have only happened when the gear was lowered for landing I wonder if there was a birdstrike on the left main gear that caused it, although it's a bit late for birds to be out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Locker10a wrote: »
    It must have only happened when the gear was lowered for landing I wonder if there was a birdstrike on the left main gear that caused it, although it's a bit late for birds to be out

I may have misheard but sounded like the pilot was fairly confident there would be no leak when the rescue vehicles were en route.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

PROB30
    TEMPO1220/1223 23030G45KT

Gusts of up to 45kts from the southwest tomorrow at Dublin airport, could cause a few issues.

RWY16 could also be in use during the afternoon with gusts of 25kts from the south.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Locker10a wrote: »

I may have misheard but sounded like the pilot was fairly confident there would be no leak when the rescue vehicles were en route.
    The aircraft EI-DEI is back in service this morning, so what ever the issue was it must have been a quick fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

A plane you see that much on FR24, a DC-8, Samaritan's Purse, east of the Bahamas heading to San Juan from Greensboro. Miami back up and running again too.

EI413 (VRN-DUB) and EI665 (VIE-DUB) gone around, will soon switch to RWY10. (Update: RWY16 now)

BE4525 (CWL-DUB) gone around at DUB, will soon be switching to RWY28.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Ryanair FR537 incoming from East Midlands went around a few mins ago at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

AA719 Rome-Philadelphia diverted to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

I'm in Sandyford here and just heard that go over my head - sounded extremely low in comparison to others, maybe 4-5000 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

https://i.imgur.com/MT5sgUm.jpg

It was at about 4000ft going over South Dublin from the looks of things. I just heard/saw it too and thought it notably low, large and loud.

Anyone any idea why it diverted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Heard and seen it myself in deansgrange, it's was passing 4000 at the time.
    Some noise out if it. Too quick to get a picture.

Medical diversion

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭rebel456

Blut2 wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/MT5sgUm.jpg

It was at about 4000ft going over South Dublin from the looks of things. I just heard/saw it too and thought it notably low, large and loud.

Anyone any idea why it diverted yet?
    jimbis wrote: »
    Heard and seen it myself in deansgrange, it's was passing 4000 at the time.
    Some noise out if it. Too quick to get a picture.

Medical diversion

Continuing its journey to Philly, scheduled to depart at 16:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Currently overhead Shannon heading in a NE direction is Gulfstream G550 D-ADLR ,so far its has travelled from Munich up towards the Netherlands ,down the spine of the UK onwards to the coast of Spain.

The Gulfstream G550 "HALO", D-ADLR, is a Twin Jet aircraft with a pressurized cabin and the newest member of the Oberpfaffenhofen based fleet. "HALO" stands for "High Altitude LOngrange". Due of its unique modifications and features as well as its superior performance "HALO" is qualified to serve as an ideal multipurpose platform for scientific instrumentation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

rebel456 wrote: »
    Continuing its journey to Philly, scheduled to depart at 16:30.

Apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Currently overhead Shannon heading in a NE direction is Gulfstream G550 D-ADLR ,so far its has travelled from Munich up towards the Netherlands ,down the spine of the UK onwards to the coast of Spain.

The Gulfstream G550 "HALO", D-ADLR, is a Twin Jet aircraft with a pressurized cabin and the newest member of the Oberpfaffenhofen based fleet. "HALO" stands for "High Altitude LOngrange". Due of its unique modifications and features as well as its superior performance "HALO" is qualified to serve as an ideal multipurpose platform for scientific instrumentation
    Off on an atmospheric research sortie, close to 10 hours in the air :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭rebel456

Jacovs wrote: »
    Apparently not.

DUB-PHL leg now appears to be cancelled (Although American Airlines website was showing this as DUB-BGR, & BGR-PHL)

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/aa719

Aircraft, A330-200, still showing as being in DUB

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n287ay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

rebel456 wrote: »
    DUB-PHL leg now appears to be cancelled (Although American Airlines website was showing this as DUB-BGR, & BGR-PHL)

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/aa719

Aircraft, A330-200, still showing as being in DUB

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n287ay

Departing tomorrow afternoon. Crew went out of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Seems to be a lot of holding at LHR tonight, all 4 holds in use. Consistent landings though. I wonder are LVP's in place?

• Advertisement

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of holding at LHR tonight, all 4 holds in use. Consistent landings though. I wonder are LVP's in place?

Nope, weather is perfect, no clouds, perfect Vis and slight winds.

Doesn't seem much busier than usual to me, it's very normal to have a round or two before landing at Heathrow, remember the sheer amount of traffic they receive!

EI 213 incoming from Manchester has gone around at Dublin

UAL 152 incoming from Chicago to Dublin is squawing the 7's on approch over the Irish sea

UAL 152 incoming from Chicago to Dublin is squawing the 7's on approch over the Irish sea

Seems to be getting priority as other flights are in the hold

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

A321neo in the circuit in SNN at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deatr

Heard these lads on frequency yesterday they were looking for a block of airspace from FL400 to FL470 to operate in with Shannon!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

AN124 just starting descent into SNN now.

FR4776 MAN-SNN holding (8000ft) and DL406 JFK-SNN holding (17,000ft) due fog at Shannon.

10am METAR gives 100m Vis in FOG, with RVR's for RWY24 and RWY06 at 250M no change. Clouds overcast 100ft.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    FR4776 MAN-SNN holding (8000ft) and DL406 JFK-SNN holding (17,000ft) due fog at Shannon.

10am METAR gives 100m Vis in FOG, with RVR's for RWY24 and RWY06 at 250M no change. Clouds overcast 100ft.

EI3675 EDI-SNN also joined the hold at 18,000ft. FR4776 has been there for 30mins now.

10:30 METAR showing IRVR as 275m on RWY24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

JCX BXC wrote: »
    EI3675 EDI-SNN also joined the hold at 18,000ft. FR4776 has been there for 30mins now.

10:30 METAR showing IRVR as 275m on RWY24.

BAW1, EIN381 and RYR103 all about to join the party!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement