Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

marno21 wrote: »
    Both on training; sure they've plenty of spare planes lying around for the next 4/5 weeks ;)

:D I had no idea hey had that -700!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Ciano35 wrote: »
    :D I had no idea hey had that -700!

Just the one, bought mainly as a training hull

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Are they going to be there for another few hours or are they only staying for a short while does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Long delays at DUB this morning for departures, due RWY10 in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Long delays at DUB this morning for departures, due RWY10 in use.

First go-around: DL176 incoming from Atlanta went around about 5 mins ago. Buzzed the house here are 3,000 ft!! :)

• Advertisement

EI3281 BRS-DUB gone around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Anyone know whats going on with UA22. Seems to be chilling out on the ground for over an hour taxiing to the runway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

My guess would be that it's gone tech and they need to offload the passengers, but they can't get it back on to a gate on T2 until some of the present occupants depart, which would be a problem for American border control.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Indicator light on a wheel not working, fixed at 11.15 apparently.

looksee wrote: »
    Indicator light on a wheel not working, fixed at 11.15 apparently.

What exactly is the indicator light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

What exactly is the indicator light?

I can only assume it's the flight deck instrumentation lights to confirm wheels up/down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No idea, only quoting the message I got based on the info they got.

I can only assume it's the flight deck instrumentation lights to confirm wheels up/down.

Ah that makes sense. I had a picture of a flashing amber arrow beside the light. Figured that was unlikely..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Back to 28; lots of planes holding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Ah that makes sense. I had a picture of a flashing amber arrow beside the light. Figured that was unlikely..
    The tick tock noise was grand!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

just had information relating to the DUB BRS go around this morning, caused by a Swiss that had lined up for departure being unable to accept take off clearance due to wind strength of 25 Kts being outside their company limits.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Switching to RWY16 now at DUB

FR9152 NOC-ALC cannot take off at the moment due to gust being outside limits, wind 170 degrees 23kts gusting to 34kts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

3 laps of the hold (~20 minutes) for my Cobalt flight inbound to Dublin today. Was getting a touch concerned they might start diverting, all I'd need with the parents on the flight! But a surprisingly smooth landing.

Weather not as warm as Larnaca though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Apologies if this has been covered before, but ET8505 (a 767) took off from Dublin a few minutes ago, and flew over the house. Looking at its destination, it says New York, but it seems to be destined for the UK. Can I assume that this is a scheduled stop over before it heads off to New York?

https://www.flightradar24.com/ETH8505/efb8fcf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭john boye

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been covered before, but ET8505 (a 767) took off from Dublin a few minutes ago, and flew over the house. Looking at its destination, it says New York, but it seems to be destined for the UK. Can I assume that this is a scheduled stop over before it heads off to New York?

https://www.flightradar24.com/ETH8505/efb8fcf

Think it's actually coming back from New York, probably a fuel stop heading home from UN week. Seem to recall the same thing happened last year or the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

It's been through DUB a few times on Ethiopian government flights.

26330645270_a43b6e6214_z.jpgET-ALJ Boeing 767-360ER by Irish251, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

john boye wrote: »
    Think it's actually coming back from New York, probably a fuel stop heading home from UN week. Seem to recall the same thing happened last year or the year before.
    EchoIndia wrote: »
    It's been through DUB a few times on Ethiopian government flights.

26330645270_a43b6e6214_z.jpgET-ALJ Boeing 767-360ER by Irish251, on Flickr

Thanks lads :) It made quite a noise going over Clondalkin.

Interesting occurrence at DUB now, switched to RWY10 presumably to take advantage of the CAT III ILS, however it's being referred to as RWY10 shortened, with a landing distance of 2141m available. Have heard this occuring in the US, but never in DUB

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Interesting occurrence at DUB now, switched to RWY10 presumably to take advantage of the CAT III ILS, however it's being referred to as RWY10 shortened, with a landing distance of 2141m available. Have heard this occuring in the US, but never in DUB
    Is this due to visibility issues or something else?

marno21 wrote: »
    Is this due to visibility issues or something else?

Due to Runway maintenance I think, although I'm not fully sure.

I think the Switch to 10 is to do with this and not visibility too.

D81824 PVD-SNN had a go-around at SNN followed by an immediate diversion to DUB. CAT II ILS still not available at SNN.

S66528 DUB-SNN entering the hold at SNN now.

S66528 DUB-SNN entering the hold at SNN now.

Requesting diversion to DUB after 45mins in the hold, AA776 from Philadelphia about to join the hold now at DERAG in SNN

• Advertisement

FR805 STN-NOC holding at NOC.

AA776 and traffic after landed at SNN about 20mins ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement