Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Tenerife-Glasgow flight diverted to Cork, just landed now. Any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Judging just from my experience, its likely a medical emergency or unruly passenger, although possibly a technical issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Reported as a medical emergency by folks on the ground.

Any reason for EI-SEV to be in ORK earlier today?

Growler!!! wrote: »

Heard about a supposed announcement but nothing came about.
    Meeting with Cork Management?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

just negotiations at this point i'd say, its doing the rounds around Europe at the moment on flights such as today. Hopefully more good news in the pipeline for ORK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Judging just from my experience, its likely a medical emergency or unruly passenger, although possibly a technical issue.

Are there any other reasons that would prompt a divert? 😜

Weather:D

Ash Cloud :P

Weather:D

Weather enroute? Unusual unless it's a very long dog leg. That would also apply to ash - unless of course it was encountered, then it would be technical! Hadn't seen the ashtam either!

• Advertisement

Back off to Glasgow now.

Weather enroute? Unusual unless it's a very long dog leg. That would also apply to ash - unless of course it was encountered, then it would be technical! Hadn't seen the ashtam either!

I presumed with a smiley at the end you were asking what other reasons in jest. I added a smiley in a similar vein:confused:

Wasn't there several diverts Heathrow bound diverts to SNN before due to the ash cloud?

I presumed with a smiley at the end you were asking what other reasons in jest. I added a smiley in a similar vein:confused:

Yeah - it was a rhetorical question!

A rhetorical question is normally used to promote discussion. I guess that wasn't the case here, on a discussion forum.

A rhetorical question is normally used to promote discussion. I guess that wasn't the case here, on a discussion forum.

Sorry? I must have the meaning of a rhetorical question wrong then. I understand it as being a question that one doesn't really expect to be answered, where the answer either doesn't exist, or is completely obvious.

My comment was trying to make the point that the reasons suggested for the divert would probably cover about 98% of diverts (statistic plucked from mid air, so don't go to town on it), so was a bit pointless really.
    But please go ahead and discuss all you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another Air Mediterranee on the way into Shannon now, F-GYAQ.

My comment was trying to make the point that the reasons suggested for the divert would probably cover about 98% of diverts (statistic plucked from mid air, so don't go to town on it), so was a bit pointless really.

I, infact listed the usual reasons for a diversion, in order of probability.
    Of course you know this, but the person asking may have not.

The humours remark was fine, a bit of fun is always good, but the above is really OTT tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Look who it is. Out over the Pennines tonight.

bronn wrote: »
    Look who it is. Out over the Pennines tonight.

At least its not the city centre :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Huh - it's a plane equipped with LIDAR to map areas at risk of flooding. I found this, this, and this about it. It's flight history shows it around the Clare area recently too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

The Mig wrote: »

I know these delivery flights have no passengers and baggage etc, but how come a 737-8 can cover that distance without refueling?

kub wrote: »
    I know these delivery flights have no passengers and baggage etc, but how come a 737-8 can cover that distance without refueling?

For the reasons you stated above.
    Also its an eastbound leg, wouldn't make it westbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

right up at 41,000 also - don't remember that happening too often in 737s I've been on

Dardania wrote: »
    right up at 41,000 also - don't remember that happening too often in 737s I've been on

Service ceiling for the 738 is 41,010, so they've another ten feet to go :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Reported as a medical emergency by folks on the ground.
    Sorry? I must have the meaning of a rhetorical question wrong then. I understand it as being a question that one doesn't really expect to be answered, where the answer either doesn't exist, or is completely obvious.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I, infact listed the usual reasons for a diversion, in order of probability.
    Of course you know this, but the person asking may have not.

The humours remark was fine, a bit of fun is always good, but the above is really OTT tbh.
    One of the things I love about the human mind is how is can get very short tempered and/or cranky late at night as the activities of the person upset the circadian rhythm of the body.
    Lets all stop wasting time and energy posting such back and forth 'tetchyness'.

FR7326 returning to stand, Stobart crew spotted a plastic bag blowing across the ramp, ground crew chased it but it went into the no.1 engine of the Ryanair..

A bit late to the party Tenger. I think we all had managed to move on. All on our own. Imagine.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Dardania wrote: »

I remember reading that the short NGs can go straight up to that altitude, assuming they're cleared to do so, which Southwest and SAS try to do as often as possible.

The -800s seldom seem to be able to reach that altitude around the European routes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement