Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Locker10a wrote: »
    EI385 planning to have a go at SNN, least the wind is the right direction for them ?

Made it first time, as did FR103 STN-SNN which was supposed to land at 10:30.

FR2972 KUN-DUB gone around at DUB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

FR3972 gone around at DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭cml387

FR2972 gone around. They're questioning the wind information, they got a crosswind gust I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

They caught a walloper of a gust, you can even see it on FR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Kuwait KAC117 just passed over DUB on its way from MAN to SNN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Forecasting DUB gusts of 55kts at 230 degrees between 8 and midnight. Likely to be the most disruptive part of the day.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Forecasting DUB gusts of 55kts at 230 degrees between 8 and midnight. Likely to be the most disruptive part of the day.

Conditions haven't reached the forecasted conditions all day, I'd personally think it's possible it may not reach those winds again either.

Could be entirely wrong though.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Conditions haven't reached the forecasted conditions all day, I'd personally think it's possible it may not reach those winds again either.

Dublin airport was gusting 52 at 7pm and if anything it's getting stronger here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Been in work since 2pm, since about 18:30 it has gotten mental on the ramp, 10 chocks in all aircraft and they’re still lifting and shifting. Madness

Airport kept going though somehow! Thanks to everyone on the ground. It was windy most certainly, however gusts never got too severe and most gusts seem to go just as they come. Currently gusting to 35kts, not causing any issues for arriving aircraft.

I'm sure that if mass amounts of cancellations had not occured there would be alot more diversions, however with only 1 diversion all day it didn't fair too bad!

Casement seems to have gotten alot more of the winds all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks to everyone for the interesting info re windy landings!

I was on two recently, one go around, one diversion. No bother.

My OH was peppering on the go around one, which eventually landed safely of course. I said that there are limits and pilots know what they are doing in these situations. Was not heeded, head between knees and a grey look followed! No in fairness it was hairy on board to be sure. The wings were flapping forever!

But I said to myself, remember all those threads about go arounds and windy landings that you read about on Boards? Never heard about an incident or crash. Either it landed safely (thank you Captain/FO), or a go around was tried, or a diversion.

I feel SO smug now on windy landings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just had a peep at FR24 there, and there is NOTHING in the skies coming into Dublin.

Wise I suppose given the day that's in it.

FR7157 from Lisbon about 15mins out.

Nothings landed in Cork in 21 hours, nothings departed in several hours either (no actual aircraft at the stands from what I understand).

5 departures from Cork this morning and 4 Aer Lingus jets seeking refuge in DUB. None have returned as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Airport kept going though somehow! Thanks to everyone on the ground. It was windy most certainly, however gusts never got too severe and most gusts seem to go just as they come. Currently gusting to 35kts, not causing any issues for arriving aircraft.

I'm sure that if mass amounts of cancellations had not occured there would be alot more diversions, however with only 1 diversion all day it didn't fair too bad!

Casement seems to have gotten alot more of the winds all day long.

I'd have been so cross if I'd been on that one flight!!! Others landed while he didn't!

Had entered hold as gust (44kts) was out of limits from direction 220 degrees, down now to 36kts.

Had entered hold as gust (44kts) was out of limits from direction 220 degrees, down now to 36kts.

60 degree x wind on either 16 or 28.

FR293 STN-DUB has been holding for a while, making an approach now just as I spot it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Nothings landed in Cork in 21 hours, nothings departed in several hours either (no actual aircraft at the stands from what I understand).

5 departures from Cork this morning and 4 Aer Lingus jets seeking refuge in DUB. None have returned as of yet.

Im surprised the planes haven't returned to Cork yet.
    One Ryanair aircraft did its out bound ORK-PMI. They plan was it spends the whole day in PMI and comes back tonight but no sign

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭rebel456

One Ryanair aircraft did its out bound ORK-PMI. They plan was it spends the whole day in PMI and comes back tonight but no sign

The morning flight KIR-DUB will have to position too. I would guess Cork crews that flew out this am will overnight in DUB and position with their aircraft this morning.

As did the ORK-STN this morning, however that's inbound now and expected at 10:20pm. Flight from Birmingham inbound also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

billie1b wrote: »
    10 chocks in all aircraft

Sounds like swissport on a normal day 😆😆

FR293 STN-DUB has been holding for a while, making an approach now just as I spot it.

Discontinued approach, switching to RWY28 now.

Discontinued approach, switching to RWY28 now.

Going around again, wind now 230 degrees 29kts gusting 44kts.

FR293 not the luckiest aircraft of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

Going around again, wind now 230 degrees 29kts gusting 44kts.

FR293 not the luckiest aircraft of the day!

Back to STN

Getting clearance from ATC now to return to Cork.

FR293 going back to STN.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Couple of Stobart's incoming now at Cork.

EI991 just after taking off from Dublin presumably Cork bound

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭roadmaster

FR293 going back to STN.

Is it going back to STN instead of cork because they can't get buses to ship people to Dublin or lack of hotel rooms in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

I have friends coming in on FR1902/8ND ex Krakow and currently approaching the east coast of England due 23:20!

Let's see what happens to RYR1ZP!

roadmaster wrote: »
    Is it going back to STN instead of cork because they can't get buses to ship people to Dublin or lack of hotel rooms in cork?

FR293 was actually destined for Dublin, it came from Stansted and is now heading back there.

Meanwhile FR119 LGW-DUB will enter the hold, says they have plenty of fuel.

FR6394 BCN-DUB will enter the hold also.

Wind 230 degrees gusting to 48kts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

roadmaster wrote: »

FR293 going back to STN.

Probably the aircraft and crew are based in STN, so returning to base so it won't be out of place for tomorrow mornings flight. The pax would have ended up diverting anyway, in sire they'll get back from STN tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement