Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR2302 (RYR2302) SXF-SNN gone around at Shannon, going to hold at DERAG. One of the last flights on this service.

EI385 (EIN38W) LHR-SNN also gone around and holding at DERAG.

WIND 300 degrees 23kts G 47kts.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    I have FR24 Gold membership and it shows ATC c/s plus ordinary flight number. Maybe these features are not enabled in free version.

I'm also gold, and it does show the ATC flight number, however after the flight has landed it's impossible to find that flight by searching for it with that number, whereas with the regular flight number you can get playback of the flights etc.

LH984 (DLH984) FRA-SNN over Kilkenny at the moment, last flight of the season, have confirmed they can take the current wind gust of 40kts.

Just as I type it it's dropped further to 38kts and EI385 (EIN38W) can take the wind now.

Update: Back to 45kts now, Lufthansa can still accept approach.

FR9948 (RYR7TW) FAO-ORK in the hold at ORK at 8,000ft. UPDATE: Will make an approach.

FR2302 (RYR2302) SXF-SNN diverting to Dublin. EI385 (EIN38W) LHR-SNN on approach.

LH984 Landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

LH984 straight in , no holding for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'm also gold, and it does show the ATC flight number, however after the flight has landed it's impossible to find that flight by searching for it with that number, whereas with the regular flight number you can get playback of the flights etc.

Using the callsign in the "search" field allows me to bring up past flights (though listed by the pax flight number). I'm not sure what the difficulty is that you are describing.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Using the callsign in the "search" field allows me to bring up past flights (though listed by the pax flight number). I'm not sure what the difficulty is that you are describing.

That's exactly what I'm saying, you canonly bring up past flights using the pax flight number, you cannot bring them up using ATC callsigns.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

John Magnier's G-NOAH in the hold at Cork now.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

JCX BXC wrote: »
    That's exactly what I'm saying, you canonly bring up past flights using the pax flight number, you cannot bring them up using ATC callsigns.

Callsigns bringing up past flights for me on iPhone app and website. Is it one particular callsigns that they may not be associating with the flight number?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Some demand on Coke. Just seen another 2 747's on the radar from Shannon. Any coke flights are either coming or going to Atlanta. Seen Cargolux doing a few runs over the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

What are Coke flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    What are Coke flights?

Coca Cola concentrate from the Mayo plant. Picking up the slack as a plant in Puerto Rico was damaged in recent weather

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Coca Cola concentrate from the Mayo plant. Picking up the slack as a plant in Puerto Rico was damaged in recent weather

There’s a lot more of these flights to come also. Been several different operators performing these runs the last few weeks including cargolux, Qatar airways cargo, western global, silkways, AirBridge and cargojet to name just a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

BZ wrote: »
    There’s a lot more of these flights to come also. Been several different operators performing these runs the last few weeks including cargolux, Qatar airways cargo, western global, silkways, AirBridge and cargojet to name just a few.

TNT 747 and Cargojet 767 over the US now after coming from Shannon. Be great if one could get a schedule for when these would be in Shannon. Don't see to many 747 in Ireland nowadays.

For the last few months there's been at least 1 Kalitta 747 a week operating for Turkish Airlines. Think it's a Sunday that it operates, not entirely sure though.

I find these cargo aircraft are alot worse at being on-time compared to most civilian aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The schedule changes constantly because it's so hard to judge how much time it takes to load/unload.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

masit wrote: »
    TNT 747 and Cargojet 767 over the US now after coming from Shannon. Be great if one could get a schedule for when these would be in Shannon. Don't see to many 747 in Ireland nowadays.

You are guaranteed at least 2/3 every day in SNN lately

Flightradar24 won't open for me tonight - anyone else have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Fine for me

inthehat wrote: »
    Flightradar24 won't open for me tonight - anyone else have the same problem?

Working fine for me on the app.

• Advertisement

Hmm. Error 502 -bad gateway. Must be just me. Thanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

working on the phone (APP), but not on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I had that around 1800 or so when using chrome on the laptop.

Haven't tried it since.

Gulfstream 5 having some problems at Shannon at the moment, landing gear issue. has done one fly by of the tower. they think its down. hes making another approach now.

N11GW is the reg, landed safely.

Seems EI110 from JFK-SNN is cancelled, and the aircraft will position to Shannon as EI990 without pax (landing fairly on-time too!).

Anyone have any idea what's up?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

At a guess, there's a tech issue that has meant it can fly, but without passengers, and the parts to fix it are available in Shannon, so it's being positioned back for the fix rather than have all sorts of issues with crew and the airframe in the wrong place tomorrow.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

You are guaranteed at least 2/3 every day in SNN lately

Kalitta Air B744 N701CK inbound SNN now. Turkish callsign

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

At a guess, there's a tech issue that has meant it can fly, but without passengers, and the parts to fix it are available in Shannon, so it's being positioned back for the fix rather than have all sorts of issues with crew and the airframe in the wrong place tomorrow.

More likely a crewing issue. Unlike their US competitors on the Atlantic, I believe EI has chosen to crew the 757s with the minimum of 4 cabin crew. All it takes is one cabin crew member to fall ill downtoute for a flight to be cancelled.

• Advertisement

Providence to Shannon cancelled this morning and the most recent Providence to Cork flight due Saturday morning was cancelled with Norwegian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement