Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

More likely a crewing issue. Unlike their US competitors on the Atlantic, I believe EI has chosen to crew the 757s with the minimum of 4 cabin crew. All it takes is one cabin crew member to fall ill downtoute for a flight to be cancelled.
    Seems more likely. From talking to my mates this possibility was part of the argument from EI when the B757s were being introduced.
    US carriers have 5 crew I believe. I remember seeing the EI spokesman on TV at the time, he argued that "4 crew on B757 was equivalent to US domestic routes with similar capacity aircraft"

Anyone got a ballpark figure on the cost of cancelling a flight and rebooking pax, booking hotels, buses and food vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Tenger wrote: »
    Seems more likely. From talking to my mates this possibility was part of the argument from EI when the B757s were being introduced.
    US carriers have 5 crew I believe. I remember seeing the EI spokesman on TV at the time, he argued that "4 crew on B757 was equivalent to US domestic routes with similar capacity aircraft"

Anyone got a ballpark figure on the cost of cancelling a flight and rebooking pax, booking hotels, buses and food vouchers?

The US carriers run a crew config of 2/6 or 3/6 on the 757's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Anyone know why FR905 was holding just now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Locker10a wrote: »
    Anyone know why FR905 was holding just now?

METAR shows fog, could be in relation to that

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

IL62 on approach to Doncaster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

IB3632 from Madrid to Nice https://fr24.com/IBS3632/f51fd91

Squawking 7700. Diverting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

I-FLY 757 inbound Shannon from Moscow ,EI-EWT. Currently over Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Low flying aircraft over south galway this morning - on descent into Shannon it seems
    N276AT - Boeing 737 from Reykjavik KFL ? Haven’t seen that around previously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I see a Cessna is making its way seams to cork from a Greek island is that usual for a small aircraft to fly that far in one go

roadmaster wrote: »
    I see a Cessna is making its way seams to cork from a Greek island is that usual for a small aircraft to fly that far in one go

It's not a Cessna, it's a US military flight heading to Shannon!

I don't know exactly what it is, but it's not a Cessna, instead something much bigger.

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »

I don't know exactly what it is, but it's not a Cessna, instead something much bigger.

I just googled it comes up as a 747 and omni air

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Not the first time according to this: https://twitter.com/CivMilAir/status/737385615956774913

Miami Air 738 perhaps?

roadmaster wrote: »
    I just googled it comes up as a 747 and omni air

Omni is a regular visitor lately, apparently they've pulled out of Hahn and will be back in Shannon more often operating for the US military.

Did you mean 767/777?

marno21 wrote: »
    Not the first time according to this:

Miami Air 738 perhaps?

Reading further down, it seems to me that CMB is used for all troop flights regardless of charter airline, could be wrong, however I've seen this callsigns plenty of times before.

Omni is a regular visitor lately, apparently they've pulled out of Hahn and will be back in Shannon more often operating for the US military.

Did you mean 767/777?

I just googled the call sign and a picture of a 747 came up but I googled again I see pictures of a 767 to the call sign. Would Shannon not be but soon for a stop off it only started out in Greece ( I stand corrected I see it turning in to Shannon now)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Could be that the total weight of passengers and cargo is limiting the fuel they can carry. No way to know what "additional cargo" is in the holds, and it could well be seriously heavy.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Reading further down, it seems to me that CMB is used for all troop flights regardless of charter airline, could be wrong, however I've seen this callsigns plenty of times before.

CMB callsign Camber is used on all civilian aircraft operaring US military charters.

Is having it as a Cessna 172 on flightradar on purpose or just a honest glitch in the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

747-8 just landed in Shannon en route to Amsterdam from America, must be a medical emergency??

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Airbridge cargo 747-8.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Going around at DUB

EI593 from Madrid to Dublin https://fr24.com/EIN59M/f57e9cd

Flightradar not working for me, anyone else having issues?

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Same here, plane finder seems okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Thank god you posted this. I was just playing with my Raspberry Pi and the data-feed to FR24 and I thought I may have been IP banned by doing something stupid in one of the scripts! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Sad sight. Air Berlin positioning from Berlin to Shannon. Was watching the last flight last night. Was showing up as, BERFEVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

masit wrote: »
    Sad sight. Air Berlin positioning from Berlin to Shannon. Was watching the last flight last night. Was showing up as, BERFEVR.

I was at Shannon yesterday and it was sad to see all the Monarch aircraft parked up

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Another Air Berlin after taking off and is doing circuits over the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

masit wrote: »
    Another Air Berlin after taking off and is doing circuits over the city

Those pilots on another joy ride !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Ciano35 wrote: »
    I was at Shannon yesterday and it was sad to see all the Monarch aircraft parked up

Quite a few Monarch and Air Berlin all parked there this morning. Couple of 747's on the ground this morning as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement