Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

A380 diverting into shannon at the moment...air France

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Just going to post that.
    Having a smoke outside and it flew right in front of me coming in to land.
    Very quiet plane.
    737’s are louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Medical emergency apparently.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Medical emergency apparently.

No it was a fuel leak, wait till you see the pictures of it, still a decent amount of fuel leaking even on short finals.

No it was a fuel leak, wait till you see the pictures of it, still a decent amount of fuel leaking even on short finals.
    Here

• Advertisement

Actually I did see that photo and couldn't get my head around what it could be! Interesting!

Reports on FB was that it was medical, however worth noting the quality of alot posted on there now has gone down big time. Although, could it have possibly been both? According to the little bit of ATC I listened to they were dumping fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭john boye

Actually I did see that photo and couldn't get my head around what it could be! Interesting!

Reports on FB was that it was medical, however worth noting the quality of alot posted on there now has gone down big time. Although, could it have possibly been both? According to the little bit of ATC I listened to they were dumping fuel.

Seems to be both. From what I can see, the fuel leak developed while fuel dumping.

Quite plausible to be honest as it appears to be from the area of the dump valves so possibly one stuck open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Initially it was a medical divert. Airport is closed due to contamination of the ramp, aircraft will be on the ground for a while longer.

Initially it was a medical divert. Airport is closed due to contamination of the ramp, aircraft will be on the ground for a while longer.

An aircraft holding now north east of Shannon.

Several aircraft due for takeoff delayed, runway closed for another 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Runway closed. SX-KFA (CL60) in the hold NE of Shannon with KU117 B77W inbound over the south east.

Runway now reopened, however fire category downgraded temporarily to CAT5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Another A380 heading in to Shannon (F-HPJJ) Maybe to replace the earlier one?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

mb1725 wrote: »
    Another A380 heading in to Shannon (F-HPJJ) Maybe to replace the earlier one?

Coming in to carry the stranded passengers from the earlier flight on to Mexico City

• Registered Users Posts: 10,193 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

however fire category downgraded temporarily to CAT5.
    So where did the KU 777 land?

smurfjed wrote: »

Shannon

With Fire Category 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭PoppedPopcorn

Is there any way of finding out when the cargo flights are arriving in dublin for photos ? Not on the arrivals list. Also ive seen a few planes in dublin that arent on the arrivals list either and dont recognise the airlines. Not a divert as theyre set for dublin.

Is there any way of finding out when the cargo flights are arriving in dublin for photos ? Not on the arrivals list. Also ive seen a few planes in dublin that arent on the arrivals list either and dont recognise the airlines. Not a divert as theyre set for dublin.

They can often be posted on here, there's also a spotters group on Facebook to check out, besides that you won't know.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I too would suggest joining the Facebook group “Dublin spotters and movements”
    2 of my mates are in it and they often give me info on unusual arrivals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭PoppedPopcorn

Tenger wrote: »
    I too would suggest joining the Facebook group “Dublin spotters and movements”
    2 of my mates are in it and they often give me info on unusual arrivals.

Dont have facebook :(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Dont have facebook :(

I'm on twitter but not facebook, anything on that, would be looking for info on Shannon

They informed ATC that they only needed CAT5, and an Aer Lingus 757 taking off informed ATC that they can take a temporary downgrade to CAT5.

Interesting, our 777-200’s need category 9 but can be downgraded to 8, therefore cat5 would be unusable.

Interesting, our 777-200’s need category 9 but can be downgraded to 8, therefore cat5 would be unusable.

Personally wouldn't know much about the subject, but were clear as day that the aircraft only required category 5, you can listen back to the ATC transcripts on Liveatc.net

OK, so what am I missing, this is what Boeing calls for!
    http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/airports/faqs/aircraftarff.pdf
    Neither of the aircraft mentioned can drop down to 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wrex

Sometimes i see large BA planes like 777's departing /arriving DUB. They are not on a scheduled passenger service to Heathrow, so just wondering is it to do with maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Wrex wrote: »
    Sometimes i see large BA planes like 777's departing /arriving DUB. They are not on a scheduled passenger service to Heathrow, so just wondering is it to do with maintenance?

In for painting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Anyone in the midlands near Athlone should hear a lovely AN12 passing over soon southbound. reg EW-483TI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Anyone in the midlands near Athlone should hear a lovely AN12 passing over soon southbound. reg EW-483TI

Just went over my house in county Limerick, any idea where it's headed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement