Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

EXS021V Jet 2 757 just landing at Cork ex Manchester, I presume to bring the passengers from the earlier 737 onto Newcastle.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

kub wrote: »
    EXS021V Jet 2 757 just landing at Cork ex Manchester, I presume to bring the passengers from the earlier 737 onto Newcastle.

Perhaps a few engineers too

Nice to see a 752 in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A Jet 2 737 from Tenerife to Newcastle has just landed in Cork, being met by Fire crews according to ATC.

Special request from Fire Control was that all stay aboard and no emergency exit unless absolutely necessary

Interesting, such diversions are rare in Cork.

Interesting about the emergency exits, likely from the Aer Lingus unordered evacuation recently.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Interesting, such diversions are rare in Cork.

Interesting about the emergency exits, likely from the Aer Lingus unordered evacuation recently.

I was watching it land on flightradar, it did a loop south of Kinsale. I was thinking that as well regarding the EI incident.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

LS518 diverted due to passenger not breathing on board as per ATC.

EDIT: Passenger subsequently died in flight before landing at Cork. RIP.

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/929838313854455808

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    LS518 diverted due to passenger not breathing on board as per ATC.

EDIT: Passenger subsequently died in flight before landing at Cork. RIP.

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/929838313854455808

RIP.

EXS518A on its way from Cork now

Post deleted by original poster

G-JZHN has now returned to Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

First time I've seen it but an Air France A318 on it's way into Dublin.

masit wrote: »
    First time I've seen it but an Air France A318 on it's way into Dublin.

Started a few weeks ago IIRC, operating instead of Cityjet.

• Advertisement

EI-ICS, new Coast Guard helicopter currently active off the coast of Waterford.

Interestingly, this one has ADS-B, so is visible on Flight Radar at low altitude

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

An-124 about to pass over Ireland. Just over Galway heading east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Lots of holding and missed approaches / go arounds at Dublin, and it looks like they've switched from 16 to 34. There's no noticeable wind either.

Any idea what's going on ?

Lots of holding and missed approaches / go arounds at Dublin, and it looks like they've switched from 16 to 34. There's no noticeable wind either.

Any idea what's going on ?

Looks like a tailwind on 16 caused it.

FR901 (RYR11VM) STN-ORK went around at Cork and is now holding at 5,000ft.

EI3701 (STK1BH) BRS-ORK about to enter the hold at 8,000ft.

Currently foggy at Cork.

10:37 Update:

EI3721 (STK21M) MAN-ORK in the hold at 10,000ft

EI841 (EIN84T) AMS-ORK in the hold at 12,000ft

EI711 (EIN71Y) LHR-ORK about to hold at 13,000ft.

I heard something interesting on frequency there,

"Ryanair 1-1-Victor-Mike, in the event of a Comms failure your expected approach time is 10:10, and Stobart 1-Bravo-Hotel, in the event of a Comms failure your expected approach time is 10:20."

I've never heard anything like this before on an Irish frequency, anyone any idea why this was said?

Current IRVR's are all 250m.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

I heard something interesting on frequency there,

"Ryanair 1-1-Victor-Mike, in the event of a Comms failure your expected approach time is 10:10, and Stobart 1-Bravo-Hotel, in the event of a Comms failure your expected approach time is 10:20."

I've never heard anything like this before on an Irish frequency, anyone any idea why this was said?

Current IRVR's are all 250m.

You always hear Expected Approach Times given when holding is being used, and if there were a comms outage, the pilots are entitled to leave the hold and begin an approach at that time, but I agree that I’ve never heard it phrased that way on frequency.

faoiarvok wrote: »
    You always hear Expected Approach Times given when holding is being used, and if there were a comms outage, the pilots are entitled to leave the hold and begin an approach at that time, but I agree that I’ve never heard it phrased that way on frequency.

I've Infact never heard expected approach times in Cork whatsoever, and I'm wondering how they can give out these E.A.T's when the weather is below minima.

The 10 minute gaps between them is also quite strange, in normal LVP's they don't need 10mins between landings iirc.

They keep giving revised EAT's as time elapses, with the latest traffic in the hold (EI711 from Heathrow) getting an EAT of 11:35 in the event of a comms failure.

It's a strange one alright.

FR901 (RYR11VM) from Stansted on the ground now in Cork, other aircraft beginning to make approaches.

RVR's now above 300m.

I was listening into that activity at Cork earlier and I wondered with regard to the EAT's is Tower/ Approach ATC now being carried out remotely from Dublin?

• Advertisement

EATs during holding in dublin is the norm as long as the delay is 20mins it more. The phrase you heard is the mansplaining way of saying it.

It serves two fold, gives the pilot a time to commence their approach if they have a comms failure and secondly a rough idea of the length of the delay and when they can expect to start their approach when not suffering a comms failure.

The 10 mins between arrivals (runway dependent) will give the first aircraft time to land back track (if necessary) vacate and taxi on to its stand and report on stand, if that is what the airport Low Visibility Procedures say.

I was listening into that activity at Cork earlier and I wondered with regard to the EAT's is Tower/ Approach ATC now being carried out remotely from Dublin?

No and how did you get that from EATs being issued ?

Low visibility procedures in Cork entail that aircraft have to be on stand before the next aircraft gets permission to land.

The peculiar thing about this occurrence is not that EAT's were being used, it's the fact that they were being used with the condition of "in the event of a Comms failure", I've never heard this terminology before in DUB or any Irish airport. The second peculiar thing is that the weather was below minima for all aircraft at the time, so I can't see how those EAT's would be accurate

I imagine pilots will try an approach and either land or abandon the approach at DH etc then divert etc.

Maybe it was someone unused to issuing EATs who threw in the full phrase rather than simply Saying your EAT is xxxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The peculiar thing about this occurrence is not that EAT's were being used, it's the fact that they were being used with the condition of "in the event of a Comms failure", I've never heard this terminology before in DUB or any Irish airport. The second peculiar thing is that the weather was below minima for all aircraft at the time, so I can't see how those EAT's would be accurate

I have heard "in the event of comms failure" being used for decades at DUB.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    I have heard "in the event of comms failure" being used for decades at DUB.

Personally never heard it, I've only been listening in occasionally (mainly during poor weather) over the past few years, however it must be very rare terminology if used at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

What is going on with the Chicago flights today. On FR24, the 125 is following the 123 over Michigan at the moment.

4ce5fm8.jpg

Z6o6MqZ.jpg

Both EI's and DAA's website say that 125 only left 2 hours and 45 mins ago.

Q7HYvex.png

Is there an extra flight today that's been mis-labelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

That's the same flight - one of the images is the flight with time delay using FAA data, I think. There may be more general info about this on the FR24 site.

Can't find EI125 anymore, has not appeared the opposite side of the Atlantic. I'd say it was just an error, with the flight mirroring 123 using FAA data.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Squawk 7700
    Diverting

U26407 from Newcastle to Malaga https://fr24.com/EZY64FP/f96d3dc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement