Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

KoolKid wrote: »
    Squawk 7700
    Diverting

U26407 from Newcastle to Malaga https://fr24.com/EZY64FP/f96d3dc

An-124 right above him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

[*]Commence descent from the navigation aid or fix specified in 4) at, or as close as possible to, the expected approach time last received and acknowledged; or, if no expected approach time has been received and acknowledged, at, or as close as possible to, the estimated time of arrival resulting from the current flight plan;

This is pretty much taken from ICAO Annex 10, by giving the Expected Approach Time, ATC are taking control of the situation rather than having aircraft hold until the estimated ETA.

1. Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

smurfjed wrote: »
        [*]Commence descent from the navigation aid or fix specified in 4) at, or as close as possible to, the expected approach time last received and acknowledged; or, if no expected approach time has been received and acknowledged, at, or as close as possible to, the estimated time of arrival resulting from the current flight plan;

This is pretty much taken from ICAO Annex 10, by giving the Expected Approach Time, ATC are taking control of the situation rather than having aircraft hold until the estimated ETA.

My question still remains though, why would they issue Estimated Approach Times when all aircraft indicated that they could not land in the current conditions? What purpose do they then serve?

1. Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

In case of communication failure and planning purposes. And regardless if they could not land in the weather they can still make an approach to about 1000 feet and continue beyond if at minimum vizibility.
        I study that for my atc interview

2. Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

mikel97 wrote: »
        In case of communication failure and planning purposes. And regardless if they could not land in the weather they can still make an approach to about 1000 feet and continue beyond if at minimum vizibility.
        I study that for my atc interview

Fair enough, thanks everyone for the info!

Would there not be safety issues in landing without communications?

3. Advertisement
      4. Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Were they experiencing radio issues that day?!
        Unusual to issue such a clearance otherwise. EATs fair enough but conditional clearances dependant upon a comms failure, never heard of that before.

5. Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

EI2535 popping up on FR24 in TLS...new A330 delivery EI-GCF

6. Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Any idea what plane this is?

https://www.flightradar24.com/PYN04/f979436

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Trebor176 wrote: »

Googled it.

"Latest addition to the fleet of Haverfordwest Air Charter Services, trading as FlyWales. "

8. Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Miike wrote: »
        Googled it.

"Latest addition to the fleet of Haverfordwest Air Charter Services, trading as FlyWales. "

Thanks for the info :)

9. Advertisement
      10. Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Would there not be safety issues in landing without communications?
        That's one reason for giving an EAT, otherwise each aircraft will make the approach at his own flight planned ETA.

11. Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Wind rather bad here in Luton. Barely anything getting in or out. Most pilots going straight to Stansted after one missed approach.

12. Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fr336 wrote: »
        Wind rather bad here in Luton. Barely anything getting in or out. Most pilots going straight to Stansted after one missed approach.

Wizz air just landed! Wind gusting to 38kts from 200 degrees, quite a crosswind on RWY26.

13. Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

JCX BXC wrote: »
        Wizz air just landed! Wind gusting to 38kts from 200 degrees, quite a crosswind on RWY20.

Yes made a liar of me :D Usually when the wind is bad here the airport somehow escapes, but as you say the crosswind was bad!

14. Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Wind gusting to 38kts from 200 degrees, quite a crosswind on RWY20.
        200/38 and runway 20, where is the crosswind?

15. Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭CoisFharraige

JCX BXC wrote: »
        fr336 wrote: »

Wizz air just landed! Wind gusting to 38kts from 200 degrees, quite a crosswind on RWY20.

Luton is 26/08

16. Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

smurfjed wrote: »
        200/38 and runway 20, where is the crosswind?

RWY26, Infact I'd ironically put the wind direction in as 260 degrees originally.

17. Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Any reason for the strange routing of STK43D?

https://www.flightradar24.com/STK43D/f9efdf3

Usually direct between CFN-DUB.

18. Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

marno21 wrote: »

I'd imagine it's to do with weather, some heavy showers in the north.

19. Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

marno21 wrote: »

Avoiding weather I'd say:

fLnfCzx.png

20. Advertisement
      21. Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

This antonov just flew directly overhead at FL330.... my got what an incredible sound ðŸ˜

22. Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

23. Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Bringing back the damaged engine from the Air France A380 I believe.

24. Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Gulf Stream G650 over Clonmel is JP McManus heading on his holidays, EI-JSK

25. Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Just heard an Antonov over head there mad sounding aircraft

26. Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Antonov 12 heading for the west coast coast should be a nice sound of it on this clear night for anybody in its path

27. Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
        Antonov 12 heading for the west coast coast should be a nice sound of it on this clear night for anybody in its path

Just heard it.

All ran outside, thought it was coming down it was so loud,

First port of call was flightradar , then here

28. Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boeing 747-409( Dreamlifter
        Over Youghal now.

29. Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Over Youghal now.

Possibly the ugliest aircraft out there (after the Airbus Beluga)

30. Advertisement
      31. Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Over Youghal now.
        Fine noise from it too.

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement