Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Rescue helicopter hovering up around Three Rock the last half hour. Man down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

moloner4 wrote: »
    Update from twitter, seems to be medical diversion
    EI603 Divert to MAN due medical emergency. That happens not your fault. Sitting here for over 1 hour after pax offloaded and no fuel yet to Aircraft. Terrible follow up support to get us underway again.

That chap sounds like a pain in the you know what. Probably a silver. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek207#fba99be
    Have a look at this for the 6th, especially the last 3000 feet of the first approach.
    What is going wrong these days when pilots are asked to look out the window and fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR535 (RYR535) EMA-DUB went around at DUB.

Doubt it's weather related though.

AC56 (ACA56) YYZ-DXB diverting to Shannon, on short finals now.
    787-9 Dreamliner.

Medical.

• Advertisement

Have a flight tonight from Heathrow back to Dublin, looking at flight radar and heathrow is messy now. Not looking good with other airports in london closing :(

Heathrow doesn't look too bad, raining there at the moment. Snow is in the forecast.

Delays not too bad there either, not completely out of the norm.

Stansted and Luton are closed though due to heavy snow. Birmingham hasn't had a lander since early last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

EY41 Abu Dhabi to Dublin taking a very northerly route, currently flying over Gothenburg. Any reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

EIN119 took a very peculiar track on take off, passed overhead here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BA178 diverting to DUB. B747-400. G-CIVI

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

ozzy jr wrote: »
    EY41 Abu Dhabi to Dublin taking a very northerly route, currently flying over Gothenburg. Any reason for this?

Something strange happening alright, Emirates EK161 from DXB-DUB has been flying over Iraq the last week wheras the DUB-DXB flights go around via Iran. Is the airspace restriction over Iraq lifted now? Islamic State has been defeated in Iraq and hopefully there can be peace in the region. Flying over Mosul in early morning and watching the glow of the oil wells underneath was a great memory I have of flying over Iraq before the war escalated.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek161#fc98be2

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek164#fc8e0b8

• Advertisement

Overflights of Iraq have been allowed again for the last week or so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Overflights of Iraq have been allowed again for the last week or so

The political situation in the country is improving also with Islamic State effectively crushed in both Iraq and Syria.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/09/middleeast/iraq-isis-military-liberated/index.html

Some action in LIS now,

TP783 (TAP783J) ARN-LIS and FR2095 (RYR2095) OPO-LIS gone around.

Latest METAR (23:30) indicates a wind of 230 degrees 30kts gusting 46kts. Runway direction is 210.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Some action in LIS now,

TP783 (TAP783J) ARN-LIS and FR2095 (RYR2095) OPO-LIS gone around.

Latest METAR (23:30) indicates a wind of 230 degrees 30kts gusting 46kts. Runway direction is 210.

More go-arounds now, Faro is now full, aircraft diverting to Porto, Malaga and Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Some impressive jetstream over the North Atlantic today.

24991181_10212281743290998_4794877636136053476_n.jpg?oh=597375cf566d3b353331ad538a4007dd&oe=5A8C17B7

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Comhra wrote: »
    Some impressive jetstream over the North Atlantic today.

24991181_10212281743290998_4794877636136053476_n.jpg?oh=597375cf566d3b353331ad538a4007dd&oe=5A8C17B7

some serious speeds alright.

684 knots is fastest I can find-BA274

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

fearruanua wrote: »
    some serious speeds alright.

684 knots is fastest I can find-BA274

Don’t believe FR24 over the Ocean. it has no ground receivers in range and is guessing.

In fact, don’t take it as gospel full stop. I’ve gotten up from my board, walked out to the canteen where we have a feed to the TVs from FR24 and seen loads of inaccuracies vs the radar screen I left seconds before.

EI3639 (STK.

EI3639 (STK93SN) BHX-SNN gone around at SNN.

Joining hold at DERAG.

BCY353 going into the hold at Knock pending a weather update at half past.

• Advertisement

CMB542 hit by lightning after takeoff from Shannon just now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Just heard a massive bang in Limerick - must've been the thunder

BCY353 going into the hold at Knock pending a weather update at half past.

Making a lap and then an approach

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Stopped climb at 5,500ft. Returning?

Edit: climbing again now

Shannon's 7:30pm METAR mentions a Thunderstorm.

marno21 wrote: »
    Stopped climb at 5,500ft. Returning?

Edit: climbing again now

There happy to keep going he said just there

Niki airline announced it's ceasing operations tomorrow. It's last commercial flights are in the air now heading back to Germany, Switzerland and Austria.

Was an extension of Air Berlin, if you notice, all current aircraft flying are in Air Berlin colours.

Lufthansa had strongly considering purchasing them, however that's fallen through and they're now winding up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

My brother was saying there was talk on Radio Kerry today that two Antonov An-12B turboprop transport planes were flying in formation last night over Kerry at approx 25k feet, they were from CAVOK Air based in the Ukraine. The flights were from Canada to France I think. He said they were very, very loud and woke him up around midnight. He thought it was a Russian TU-95 doing a probing flight :pac:

Did anyone catch that on Flightradar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAVOK_Air

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

My brother was saying there was talk on Radio Kerry today that two Antonov An-12B turboprop transport planes were flying in formation last night over Kerry at approx 25k feet, they were from CAVOK Air based in the Ukraine. The flights were from Canada to France I think. He said they were very, very loud and woke him up around midnight. He thought it was a Russian TU-95 doing a probing flight :pac:

Did anyone catch that on Flightradar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAVOK_Air

Seriously? So, it wasn't an FR24 glitch then. I saw one over the Atlantic. I checked back later, and the radar showed two over the south of Ireland, one being more southerly than the other. I put it down to a glitch and didn't share the link in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Is the same thing happening now north of Ireland?
    CVK7178 an AN-12 YQX PIK and behind it, same flight no.
    CVK7178 Reg UR-CKM also an Antonov AN-12

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement