Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

CVK7178 , AN 12, reg UR-CKM, approaching Donegal coast now. heading south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I think I can see what is happening. Both the prediction and reality are being displayed. The prediction seems now to have dissapeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

its a good smoker to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

CVK7178 , AN 12, reg UR-CKM, approaching Donegal coast now. heading south east.

Changed to east now along the north coast. I think the AN12's are taking their place in my list of favourite aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

its a good smoker to!

Thats the diesel version :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

marno21 wrote: »
    Stopped climb at 5,500ft. Returning?

Edit: climbing again now

There happy to keep going he said just there

Sorry to be nit picky, but it should read "they are"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

BarryM wrote: »
    Sorry to be nit picky, but it should read "they are"

Seriously?? I know you are right but there's hardly a need to be correcting peoples grammar in a thread about FR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Interesting track.

https://www.flightradar24.com/UKL4076/fd5a815

AN-12 out of Izmir, up north, the 90 degree turn over Ukraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

planes landing into Dublin today coming in from an odd direction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Wind related at a guess.

Certainly a bit odd during the day.

But with the resurfacing of the main runway at night, that has been the usual runway used at those times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

RWY34 was in use, which is uncommon.

Probably the monthly walking inspection.

FR5010 BHX-SNN opting to land on RWY06 at Shannon due to the RVR on R24 being below minima at 350m. At the 06 end it's a better 800m.

Aircraft is EI-SEV, Ryanair's only 737-700, had the privilege of travelling on it last August. I'd imagine it's coming in for training. Munster rugby team coming home.

Update: Breaking off the approach as RVR has dropped to 550m on 06 end, they require 750m.

Update 2: 00:30, RVR on 06 up to 750m, commencing an approach now.

Update 3: 00:32 RVR down to 650m ;) holding now. They cannot divert to Cork as there's no ground crew there.

Update 4: 00:43 RWY24 up to 600m, will try an approach there if the weather is still good by the time it gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Back to Birmingham lol!

Back to Birmingham lol!

T'would have been Dublin, the rugby lads wouldn't be welcome back to Leicester after their win ;)

24 Touchdown is up to 1000m so they should land, on finals at the moment.

Was a bit of fog disruption at Cork this morning, one private jet diverted to Shannon, others landed with delays.

Manchester has also had fog all day with a few diversions this morning, delays all day and fog thickening again.

In Liverpool at the moment I note FR446/RYR446 DUB-LPL and FR6337/RYR13XE SOF-LPL holding, with FR9203/RYR74DW OPO-LPL diverting. Latest weather suggests an RVR of 125m on R27

And on a final note, I notice that the web version of FR24 now offers METAR's going back 72 hours, quite a handy feature as my app Aeroweather only goes back 5 METAR's and it's often a bit of hassle going to OGIMET. On the flip side they are rather slow to be added, often waiting over 25 minutes for the latest issued weather, compared to 3/4 minutes on Aeroweather.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

https://www.flightradar24.com/SZS118/fe1ef0c
    A brand new A 320 out of SNN operated by SAS Ireland....? No destination showing. Registration EI-SIA; is this a new development?

BarryM wrote: »
    https://www.flightradar24.com/SZS118/fe1ef0c
    A brand new A 320 out of SNN operated by SAS Ireland....? No destination showing. Registration EI-SIA; is this a new development?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but SAS have set up an Irish subsidiary and are registering planes with Irish Reg's.

Planes won't be based in Ireland though, it's service as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

It’s quite probably crew training flights. Was bouncing back and forth between Shannon and Dublin yesterday. Noticed it listed on the arrivals board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

It’s quite probably crew training flights. Was bouncing back and forth between Shannon and Dublin yesterday. Noticed it listed on the arrivals board.

It’s been coming and going from SNN and DUB the last few days. Performing proving flights and crew training.

EI911 LGW-NOC gone around at NOC.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    EI911 LGW-NOC gone around at NOC.

Diverting to DUB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looking through some departures on FR24, I saw that supposedly EI-GAL, an Aer Lingus A320 operated a very late FR671 on Thursday? Is that an error?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

dfx- wrote: »
    Looking through some departures on FR24, I saw that supposedly EI-GAL, an Aer Lingus A320 operated a very late FR671 on Thursday? Is that an error?

Has to be an error. GAL operated the EI 266/267 rotation to Birmingham that afternoon, arriving back into Dublin at 2:30. There’s no way they turned the aircraft around for that run, never mind dropping it onto another airline for cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

EI-GDO operated the outbound FR670, so presumably also operated FR671, as it then operated later flights ex-Dublin.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

BY6551 TFS-BRS currently circulating at 38,000ft over Cardiff. Low vis at Bristol

BY6551 TFS-BRS currently circulating at 38,000ft over Cardiff. Low vis at Bristol

Be careful with assumptions, a BMI regional E145 left the runway just before midday and it's been closed since. I assume BY6551 are waiting to see if BRS will reopen.

Bristol has CAT III ILS so it's not a problem for most aircraft.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Be careful with assumptions, a BMI regional E145 left the runway just before midday and it's been closed since. I assume BY6551 are waiting to see if BRS will reopen.

Bristol has CAT III ILS so it's not a problem for most aircraft.
    Didn't realise there was a runway incident, thought it was weather related.. thanks for updating.

• Advertisement

Didn't realise there was a runway incident, thought it was weather related.. thanks for updating.

That flight ultimately diverted after an hour hold.

Aircraft returning to Bristol from BHX now, runway has reopened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement