Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Etihad ETD75X incoming from Abu Dhabi to Dublin went around a few minutes ago. Passed overhead here at 3000ft. Looked and sounded impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Is this a common occurance? It seem to be operating for Stobart Air.

https://www.flightradar24.com/STK8DS/1005bc71

EI-FMJ (Flybe) operated Manchester to Southend as well, also apparently Stobart Air?

Sorry, I'm not quite the expert with these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Stobart Air operate for Flybe as well as Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Stobart Air operate for Flybe as well as Aer Lingus.

Thanks for that :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This evenings Shannon-Birmingham was late and the following EI3709 to Cork was cancelled, however the aircraft is now positioning to Cork as RE302P. Odd that the passengers couldn't be brought along.

Appeared to have trouble during first approach so on 2nd attempt now

Edit: down on 2nd attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Quite windy out in Cork. Norwegian's Providence-Cork (IBK1820) appears to be in a holding pattern. EI to Amsterdam and Malaga haven't taken off either yet although Stobart got away, suggests just outside limits for the larger planes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Quite windy out in Cork. Norwegian's Providence-Cork (IBK1820) appears to be in a holding pattern. EI to Amsterdam and Malaga haven't taken off either yet although Stobart got away, suggests just outside limits for the larger planes.

3 Stobart's made it up off the crosswind runway which is facing directly into the wind.

D81764 made it down at Shannon where the main runway isn't at a 90 degree angle to the prevailing winds. Looks like D81820 might be headed for shannon

D81820 went off to Shannon, FR9895 in the hold now.

3 Shamrock A320s and 1 Ryanair waiting to take off

marno21 wrote: »
    D81820 went off to Shannon, FR9895 in the hold now.

3 Shamrock A320s and 1 Ryanair waiting to take off

Bright and early (or dark and early!) Marno!

I note FR9895 from Liverpool is holding outside the normal hold and at 20,000ft, I don't think they plan for the winds to abate any time soon. Can't listen in as the cork feed is down yet again, however I'd imagine one could hear transmissions from FR9895 on the Shannon Approach frequency.

Wind per the 7:30 METAR is 240 ° 28kts G 41kts. Direction forecast to change to 310° between 8-10am, which may help somewhat.

I also note EI138 (EIN13J ) BOS-DUB went around on RWY10 at DUB and they're changing to RWY28 now.

• Advertisement

EI882 to Malaga is up and away

EI840/841 to and from Amsterdam have been cancelled

Wind 38kts gusting to 50kts according to Shannon Approach.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I note FR9895 from Liverpool is holding outside the normal hold and at 20,000ft

And off to Shannon.

Update: Wind out of limits at Shannon now, requesting hold now at present position. Knock in limits but closed until 9am. Kerry is in limits however.

Final Update: Off to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BA183 LHR-JFK making a u turn off Mayo and going dumping fuel now. Returning to LHR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

BA183 LHR-JFK making a u turn off Mayo and returning to London due to the bad weather in New York

Virgin just ahead of him seems to be carrying on also to JFK!

Skuxx wrote: »

BA183 LHR-JFK making a u turn off Mayo and going dumping fuel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

BA cancelled most of todays flights to New York and Boston due to impending weather. I suspect BA183 is returning to LHR.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Skuxx wrote: »

BA183 LHR-JFK making a u turn off Mayo and going dumping fuel now.
    Looks more like returning to LHR. No sign of descent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Scheduled to return to LHR at 2300hrs. Reason - Delayed significantly.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

I suppose they cant get everything right. They were hoping for some clearing by the time BA183 would arrive.

I think its a wise move from BA183 ,KJFK 042151Z 31026G44KT 2SM R04R/5500VP6000FT -SN BLSN BKN021 OVC040 M04/M07 A2931 RMK AO2 PK WND 33044/2147 TWR VIS 2 1/2 SLP923 P0000 T10441067. will be interesting to see how long the Virgin(VS25) which was just ahead of them and has continued on will end up holding for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

JFK is closed until tomorrow morning. It had been expected to open by early evening. I guess they turned back when jfk status was updated.

VS25 currently holding over Cardiff, after leaving LHR 7 hours ago bound for JFK, and U turning south of Greenland.

Presumably waiting for LHR to open again

DY7019 just passed overhead after doing something similar en route CDG-JFK.

I understand JFK announced a prolonged closure so many transatlantic flights decided to return to base. Before this it was expected to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Airbridge cargo 747 (RU502) due into Dublin around 15:40

jimbis wrote: »
    Airbridge cargo 747 (RU502) due into Dublin around 15:40

Cancelled now going to Liege

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

VQBSK keeps flying over my house

https://www.flightradar24.com/VQBSK/100967ac

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

Watching this but have to go to work now. Thought it was down a few mins ago.

• Advertisement

Crew currency, I guess the boss isn’t flying that much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement