Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

billie1b wrote: »
    Pegasus 738 with an overrun just a few minutes ago at Trabzon airport, Turkey.

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-pegasus-flight-pc8622-overran-the-runway-at-trabzon-airport-turkey/

Lucky escape indeed.

AVHerald reported that available data suggests landing speeds were normal.

The photos published show evidence of very high rainfall. The terrain away from the prepared surface looks very muddy and waterlogged

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BE653 holding a knock. They cant select enough flap . ATC talking to company ops and want them to divert to Aldergrove as it will require maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Diverting to Aldergrove to use longer runway for the landing. They were asked could they do Belfast city.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Diverting to Aldergrove to use longer runway for the landing. They were asked could they do Belfast city.

Squawking 7700 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Lucky escape indeed.

AVHerald reported that available data suggests landing speeds were normal.

The photos published show evidence of very high rainfall. The terrain away from the prepared surface looks very muddy and waterlogged

I know that if it was my car dropping the left wheels in that grass / muck at landing speed I would be swimming home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Dub just did a go around. right over city centre very low indeed. screenshot fro flightradar which i will upload later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

barrier86 wrote: »
    Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Dub just did a go around. right over city centre very low indeed. screenshot fro flightradar which i will upload later
    Stobart Incomings from Aberdeen and Edinburgh also went around. The wind out there seems very gusty at the mo so perhaps due to that. Seems to be a bit of holding going on too

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Changing to RWY16 now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Another night of serious tailwinds at high levels over the Atlantic. Silk Way B748 approaching Kerry with a ground speed of 680kn/Mach 1.02.

Air India 102 JFK-DEL was overflying London 4h30 after departure earlier.

A nice time to be flying east

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I’m sure that you realize that a ground speed isn’t measured in Mach. So he wasn’t breaking the sound barrier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

smurfjed wrote: »
    I’m sure that you realize that a ground speed isn’t measured in Mach. So he wasn’t breaking the sound barrier.

Yes, I didn't lose any windows :)

Was using it for comparative purposes, maybe I should have made it more clear

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Is “speed over the ground” a better term?

Tenger wrote: »
    Is “speed over the ground” a better term?

Ground speed

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ground speed

That’s the term I’m going see to seeing. Was wondering about it’s ‘correctness’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

If FR24 is accurate, Dawn Meats' Cessna 441 out of Waterford is managing a GS of 437kt at FL230 eastbound towards Strumble. Its True Air Speed (TAS) is 205kt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

First time in watching this morning at @Dublin.

Really busy, plenty of holding patterns, Right now 5 in total around wicklow. Haven't seen the space congested like this in years.

szrAJ8d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That's very common, it gets much busier than that in poor weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Not one I have seen before, an Orenair 777 flying towards EIDW/

https://www.flightradar24.com/00000000/102452a0

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

I belive it's in for painting, also, it's taken a very unusual approach to dublin. Well one I haven't seen before

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

EI771 FUE-DUB diverting for the UK. Was in the hold for a few circuits then headed onwards.

• Advertisement

BZ wrote: »
    EI771 FUE-DUB diverting for the UK. Was in the hold for a few circuits then headed onwards.

Will be several more diversions, airport closed until 00:20 due to snow. Many electing Liverpool, Manchester is full.

Update: 23:58: Only 2 more so far, still closed untill 00:20.

EI771 (EIN71XW) FUE-DUB diverted to MAN
    FR7095 (RYR19QC) MJV-DUB diverted to LPL
    FR7127 (RYR2SA) LPA-DUB diverted to LPL

Other aircraft asking for weather for Shannon and Liverpool

Runway must be swept again, earliest opening time is 00:35, expecting more diversions.

FR175 (RYR7NU) NCL-DUB diverting to LPL
    FR29 (RYR42MJ) BVA-DUB diverting to LPL
    FR7123 (RYR65BX) TFS-DUB diverting to LPL
    FR449 (RYR8PJ) LPL-DUB diverting back to LPL
    FR6394 (RYR8SB) BCN-DUB diverting to LPL

LPL taking no more.

LPL taking no more.

Not necessarily, seems it's the IOM sector struggling with the traffic.

LPL taking no more.

And to update from this, after taking 2 more they are now full (edit 00:34, they can still take one more, quickly snatched, now it's full), however due to computer issues Isle of Man ATC are very hard to get through to and are struggling themselves. Aircraft diverting to Shannon now

FR4845 (RYR93QV) BGY-DUB diverting to SNN
    FR7157 (RYR8ZP) MAD-DUB diverting to SNN
    FR271 (RYR83HK) STN-SUB diverting to LPL

Runway opening pushed out to 01:00

Edit 00:38: Liverpool can now take another 2 :O

closed to 01:00 all diverts to SNN

closed to 01:00 all diverts to SNN

Nope, Liverpool can now take more and FR1902 (RYR5MQ) KRK-DUB diverting to LPL too!

Latest time pushed out until 01:15, FR1977 (RYR8XD) RIX-DUB diverting to LPL.

Bizzare, there's been no snow since the first estimate of 00:20, yet it's been continually pushed back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

A dusting of snow and the place closes down......

Opening time pushed later than 01:15.

And finally, the last aircraft of the evening, FR9435 (RYR5DB) CIA-DUB, is now diverting to Shannon.

Spectacular, over an hour and a half since the last lander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Opening time pushed later than 01:15.

And finally, the last aircraft of the evening, FR9435 (RYR5DB) CIA-DUB, is now diverting to Shannon.

Spectacular, over an hour and a half since the last lander.

5DB heading back to Dublin. Levelling off FL112.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement