Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Lost4Life wrote: »
    I was on the 10pm Aer Lingus from LHR. Very bumpy coming in. Was sure a go around was on the cards.

I arrived at 10.15 and it was bumpy but it was just as bad flying to London this morning and little wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lost4Life

FR8997 diverted

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭tb66

Lost4Life wrote: »
    FR8997 diverted

Gone to Manchester.
    FR1902 just said they going to try once more.Last one left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It's possible that the quote that was posted on Boards (Can't find it right now, it might have been in the weather forum) was not the original, but as posted here, the specific wording stated "BREAKING Action", and it should have been BRAKING action. It's a very common and thoroughly irritating error that gets made on a regular basis in places like the motoring forum, but in aviation, which has very clearly laid down standard words, to a pilot who does not have English as his primary language, breaking and breaking could mean 2 very different things, and possibly cause significant confusion.

I'd like to hope that the error in the report was due to a mis type here, but given the complexity of the report, I would be of the opinion that it was a cut and paste from the original report.

I pasted the snowtam in the Snow thread just before midnight on Tuesday.
    SNOWTAM
    16 JAN 2018 22:10
    T) RUNWAY 10/28 AND 100 PERCENT CONTAMINATED WITH SNOW. BREAKING ACTIONS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. RUNWAY SURFACE CONDITIONS ASSESSED BY DEPTH READINGS AND PILOT REPORTS. ALL AREAS CONTAMINATED WITH SNOW

I agree that these errors hold never occur, but I think in this case, given the context of a snowtam and the word "action" following it, there could really be no confusion by a trained pilot of any nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Gaoth Laidir is there more to that SNOWTAM?
    As for BREAKING and BRAKING, I'm sure that people could work it out.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Gaoth Laidir is there more to that SNOWTAM?

No, I think I copied it all at the time.

Thanks, but rather than focusing on breaking versus braking, what exactly is that SNOWTAM telling us. I would have expected something more specific that I can decode to have some meaning.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Thanks, but rather than focusing on breaking versus braking, what exactly is that SNOWTAM telling us. I would have expected something more specific that I can decode to have some meaning.
    SNOWTAM
    16 JAN 2018 22:10
    T) RUNWAY 10/28 AND 100 PERCENT CONTAMINATED WITH SNOW. BREAKING ACTIONS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. RUNWAY SURFACE CONDITIONS ASSESSED BY DEPTH READINGS AND PILOT REPORTS. ALL AREAS CONTAMINATED WITH SNOW

It was issued for Runway 10 at Dublin at 2210 on the 16th.

F) = contamination type over each third of the runway. 5 5 5 = "Wet Snow" over each third.

NIL - CLEAR AND DRY
    1 - DAMP
    2 - WET
    3 - RIME OR FROST
    4 - DRY SNOW
    5 - WET SNOW
    6 - SLUSH
    7 - ICE
    8 - COMPACTED SNOW
    9 - FROZEN RUTS OR RIDGES

G) = depth (mm) of contamination on each third of runway. 02 = 2 mm

T) Plain language text.

There's a full guide here.

Thank you, I'm more used to dealing with sand than snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Virgin G_VLIP diverting to DUB expected 10:30 approx.

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »

It's just passed over my house at FL100 but the noise from it was thunderous. Sounded more like it was just taking off at about 3000 ft overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Heard it too, D4.. knew it was something different, good old roar
    Any ideas when it heads back out?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's just passed over my house at FL100 but the noise from it was thunderous. Sounded more like it was just taking off at about 3000 ft overhead.
    Same as that, passed over my house in D8 at 3000ft, despite being indoors with the radio on it was LOUD!

Hadn't copped it was diverting to Dublin, and was wondering why it was so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Ryanair Learjet descending into Shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Where was it going to and coming from? Any flight number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Any ideas of take off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Any ideas of take off?

Pushing back any minute.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Where was it going to and coming from? Any flight number?

It was callsign 94L, Cancun-Gatwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

md323 wrote: »
    Ryanair Learjet descending into Shannon?

Bringing in a part for an aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

BA837 DUB-LHR diverted to LGW. Anyone have any info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Pushing back any minute.

Seen her take off....beautiful sight

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

BA837 DUB-LHR diverted to LGW. Anyone have any info

Heathrow holding very busy this evening. Diverted to LGW due to low fuel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

BZ wrote: »

Pretty pathetic that they wouldn't load enough fuel on board knowing what Heathrow is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Doltanian wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic that they wouldn't load enough fuel on board knowing what Heathrow is like.

How’s it ‘pathetic’? I’m sure they loaded enough fuel for a possible hold, how where they to know how long they’d be holding for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The Virgin 747 that diverted into DUB this morning later positioned LGW-MAN and is now approaching overhead Dublin as VIR77 MAN-BGI (Barbados).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

BZ wrote: »

Are you sure? Most aircraft were only doing 1-2 rounds, seems highly unusual to do those 2 rounds and then divert.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Are you sure? Most aircraft were only doing 1-2 rounds, seems highly unusual to do those 2 rounds and then divert.
    Very unusual, indeed.

The 10 or so Ryanairs that ultimately had to divert to Liverpool and Shannon the other evening due to DUB being closed were circling for ages before finally having to divert. Some had already come long distances.

Perhaps the BA had a sick passenger onboard that couldn't wait or maybe the crew would have been soon out of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

I hear Flight Calibration Services out and about tonight, had a look out the window there as they flew over at 1500 ft, the strobes on the Da62 look great at night!

now that I've seen it go over a few times, the lights, in general, look great! there actually circling the house at this point. it's actually quite cool watching a light twin banking etc this way and that so close to the airport

• Advertisement

I am scheduled to do a "splash and dash" in Shannon tomorrow morning, if anyone gets any photos I would appreciate a copy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement