Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

EICVD wrote: »
    How’s it ‘pathetic’? I’m sure they loaded enough fuel for a possible hold, how where they to know how long they’d be holding for?

The explanation of "low fuel" doesn't really add up.

Heathrow is always very busy. That being said, they can accomodate more traffic by operating both runways in mixed mode. They generally avoid mixed mode due to noise agreements with local residents. It makes no sense that Heathrow ATC would refuse to prioritize an arriving aircraft with low fuel. They could have easily allowed it to come in as a "rogue arrival" on the departures runway.

Heathrow ATC: "Sorry lads, we are busy. You can't land here even though you are low on fuel. Why not try another extremely busy airport such as Gatwick that also happens to be further away" - it doesn't work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

smurfjed wrote: »
    I am scheduled to do a "splash and dash" in Shannon tomorrow morning, if anyone gets any photos I would appreciate a copy.

The Shannon Airport Plane spotters group on FB would be more than happy to help I'm sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/523154341104862

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I am scheduled to do a "splash and dash" in Shannon tomorrow morning, if anyone gets any photos I would appreciate a copy.

What aircraft or flight number? I'll be working so should be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Do you know when the antonov 12 is scheduled to depart?

KevR wrote: »
    The explanation of "low fuel" doesn't really add up.

Heathrow is always very busy. That being said, they can accomodate more traffic by operating both runways in mixed mode. They generally avoid mixed mode due to noise agreements with local residents. It makes no sense that Heathrow ATC would refuse to prioritize an arriving aircraft with low fuel. They could have easily allowed it to come in as a "rogue arrival" on the departures runway.

Heathrow ATC: "Sorry lads, we are busy. You can't land here even though you are low on fuel. Why not try another extremely busy airport such as Gatwick that also happens to be further away" - it doesn't work like that.

Actually it does KevR. Rules have changed.

• Advertisement

“Note 2.— Guidance on declaring minimum fuel is contained in the Fuel Planning Manual (Doc 9976). It should be noted that Pilots should not expect any form of priority handling as a result of a “MINIMUM FUEL” declaration. ATC will, however, advise the flight crew of any additional expected delays as well as coordinate when transferring control of the aeroplane to ensure other ATC units are aware of the flight’s fuel state.”

If ATC are unable to vector the aircraft from the hold in less than the amount of holding fuel remaining then the pilot will look at diverting to their alternate.

It is possible while diverting that the BA pilot declared “minimum fuel”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

When does it become a fuel emergency?

4.3.7.2.3 The pilot-in-command shall declare a situation of fuel emergency by broadcasting MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY, FUEL, when the calculated usable fuel predicted to be available upon landing at the nearest aerodrome where a safe landing can be made is less than the planned final reserve fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

We got delayed :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

We got delayed :(:(

If you ever want photos taken, shoot me a pm the day before. If I'm not working, I'm only 5 minutes away.

• Advertisement

Thanks, right now we are scheduled to pass through around 21z, but the winds might make us change that plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Thanks, right now we are scheduled to pass through around 21z, but the winds might make us change that plan.

The bad winds don't strike until around 11pm looking at the TAF, however I suppose there'll be a large crosswind component at 21Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The bad winds don't strike until around 11pm looking at the TAF, however I suppose there'll be a large crosswind component at 21Z.

It may not be the specific weather in SNN that changes the plans but the enroute weather due to the approaching storm. May result in a planned route further north or south of the country depending where he's going.

FR7095 (RYR19QC) MJV-DUB went around on RWY28, ops switched to RWY16 where they've landed successfully.

FR29 (RYR42MJ) BVA-DUB gone around RWY16 due windshear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

KC-10A, reg 85-0031, currently passing over Donegal. eastbound.

JCX BXC
    Thanks, Shannon happened to be exactly half way to JFK allowing us one stop, but with the winds that were forecast 23-35 knots crosswind, we decided to use Luton then Bangor.
    Unfortunately after two false starts, the flight got cancelled.
    @Growler, great to see you back :):) I was in your new city a few weeks ago for recurrent with CAE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Any info on the B777-2U8 (ER) just landing at SNN. The flight seems to have originated in eastern Saudi Arabia.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Any info on the B777-2U8 (ER) just landing at SNN. The flight seems to have originated in eastern Saudi Arabia.

N819AX operated by Omni Air International for American troop transport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Pity you didn't get to SNN Murph. I'm in the homeland on leave visiting the folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Keep an ear out. There's an AN-12 due into Shannon around 00:30.

https://www.flightradar24.com/UKL5006/103b922a

There's another AN-12 ahead of it, but its origin or destination are unknown.

https://www.flightradar24.com/103b9299

AN12's UR-CAK and UR-CAJ on the way to Shannon . UR-CAJ currently over Austria.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

AN12's UR-CAK and UR-CAJ on the way to Shannon . UR-CAJ currently over Austria.

Thanks for that. Hopefully they pass over Dublin, but I would say it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

It's in operation now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Crikey that was both quick and early! I drove home around 9:20 and R28 was still in use then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The wind is more northerly this evening. Previous nights this week it's been 16 in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Why does this never happen when I'm flying

And why is there still not a video on youtube of the view out of the left hand side of the plane while landing on 34? Every other combination of runway is on there somewhere!

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Hopefully they pass over Dublin, but I would say it's unlikely.

Should coast in over Wexford or there abouts. fairly clear night to for anyone trying to catch a glimpse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

And why is there still not a video on youtube of the view out of the left hand side of the plane while landing on 34? Every other combination of runway is on there somewhere!

It's dark when 34 is in use so the video wouldn't be great. Come May/June they might appear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement