Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Keep an ear out. There's an AN-12 due into Shannon around 00:30.

https://www.flightradar24.com/UKL5006/103b922a

There's another AN-12 ahead of it, but its origin or destination are unknown.

https://www.flightradar24.com/103b9299

Both left Shannon just before 03:00 as I was leaving office. The sound of both taxiing down the runway together was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

Lockheed WP-3D Orion NOAA42
    just coming into Shannon. I guess more storms on the way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

SAM18 B752 inbound Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Whats going on with that Ryanair flight around Shannon right now?

Doesn't looking like a holding pattern,

Flight test?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

flexcon wrote: »
    Whats going on with that Ryanair flight around Shannon right now?

Doesn't looking like a holding pattern,

Flight test?

Training flights done on the 737-700, been there quite often recently

• Advertisement

N541Z, private aircraft, Dassault Falcon has U turned over the Atlantic and seems to be returning towards Shannon. Still at 39,000ft

Edit now descending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

marno21 wrote: »
    Training flights done on the 737-700, been there quite often recently

Pretty cool to see and listen in this. First time I have seen this live. I suppose Shannon would be ideal for this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Oops!

Another AN-12 on it's way to Shannon now? Just over Wexford.

LJ45 on Flightradar24 currently over Bristol area is the Irish government jet 258, bringing Leo and the boys home from the World Economic Forum in Davos

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭IQO

Just landed myself on ei611 from Amsterdam. After landing we saw the fr160 behind us from Copenhagen flying over the runway landing behind us, so went around. Not sure what the reason could be, we didn't feel much turbulence or wind just minutes before..Smooth landing on the Airbus.

Edit: perhaps the small plane taking off just before us didn't leave the runway on time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I see the Orion that was in shannon is coming down over Donegal , is it temporarily based in Shannon at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

roadmaster wrote: »
    I see the Orion that was in shannon is coming down over Donegal , is it temporarily based in Shannon at the moment?

Yes, for about a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

IQO wrote: »
    Just landed myself on ei611 from Amsterdam. After landing we saw the fr160 behind us from Copenhagen flying over the runway landing behind us, so went around. Not sure what the reason could be, we didn't feel much turbulence or wind just minutes before..Smooth landing on the Airbus.

Edit: perhaps the small plane taking off just before us didn't leave the runway on time.

ASL A330 was cleared to line up runway 28 and wouldn't respond to ATC's transmission when they were cleared to take off numerous times. FR 737 instructed to go around and track north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

b757 wrote: »
    ASL A330 was cleared to line up runway 28 and wouldn't respond to ATC's transmission when they were cleared to take off numerous times. FR 737 instructed to go around and track north.

I assume if not a radio problem, then questions will be asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Some kind of medical emergency from this aircraft... time 1:40am... India fox alpha 2029 'red angel' aircraft. Does anyone know what kind of military aircraft this is ?. It just landed in Dublin airport.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Some kind of medical emergency from this aircraft... time 1:40am... India fox alpha 2029 'red angel' aircraft. Does anyone know what kind of military aircraft this is ?. It just landed in Dublin airport.

Not actually military, just military-sounding callsign:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAI_rent-a-jet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Aer lingus A330 EI EDY seems to be off for a bit of winter R&R this morning.

Think they usually go to Bordeaux for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Based in the North East. Wondering if anyone could help? At 2.50am this morning, a tremendous noise which only could have been aircraft could be heard over my house which is very unusual. It woke everyone up including my neighbour. I went outside and couldn't see anything. The last time I heard anything this loud was the presidential visit of Bill Clinton to Northern Ireland in the late 90's . Any suggestions to what it was? Thanks and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Based in the North East. Wondering if anyone could help? At 2.50am this morning, a tremendous noise which only could have been aircraft could be heard over my house which is very unusual. It woke everyone up including my neighbour. I went outside and couldn't see anything. The last time I heard anything this loud was the presidential visit of Bill Clinton to Northern Ireland in the late 90's . Any suggestions to what it was? Thanks and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

A coastguard SAR chopper passed over Dundalk area at that time - I think I saw a post from them on Facebook that they were called out to Castleblayney (may not have been the same call though) - could that have been it?

ETA - yep, here ya go https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27336624_2033273973618624_4448565625988624700_n.jpg?oh=8803b13e620edc998b44e50e76433c1a&oe=5B1A78F1 (hope that works!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N776ML , MD-11 , is currently north west of Jeddah en route to Shannon for about 5pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

A coastguard SAR chopper passed over Dundalk area at that time - I think I saw a post from them on Facebook that they were called out to Castleblayney (may not have been the same call though) - could that have been it?

ETA - yep, here ya go https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27336624_2033273973618624_4448565625988624700_n.jpg?oh=8803b13e620edc998b44e50e76433c1a&oe=5B1A78F1 (hope that works!)

What's their Facebook address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What's their Facebook address?
    Rescue 116

Each of the Rescue numbers has their own page, as does the coastguard (Irish Coast Guard)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭IQO

b757 wrote: »

Thanks for the information! Interesting to see the go-around happening this close from the ground. I'm sure I was the only one who noticed this in our plane though (at least around me) :)

MD-11F N776ML (ex N90178, HZ-ANC) approaching Wexford now inbound Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

IQO wrote: »

Yeah I was on that the last minite or 2 the pilots had started to rev it up then off we went. Lots of people were rubber necking out the windows all nervy .........funny to watch. It was boring flight up until that. They banged it on shorthly after. Ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

MD-11F N776ML (ex N90178, HZ-ANC) approaching Wexford now inbound Shannon.

The first of four, apparently.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    The first of four, apparently.

Yep. Then from Shannon to Victorville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Yep. Then from Shannon to Victorville

That sad final flight for these grand old jets. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Cavok Air Antonov AN-12 (UR-KDM) just flew over my house in Clondalkin. It's flying from Shannon to an unknown destination. Some noise from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Cavok Air Antonov AN-12 (UR-KDM) just flew over my house in Clondalkin. It's flying from Shannon to an unknown destination. Some noise from it!

It’s heading for Riga.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement