Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

moloner4 wrote: »
    Trnt11 test flight? Very odd flying pattern over the north sea.
    There are TARTAN21 (KC2 Voyager tanker) and DARK21 out of Lakenheath/Mildenhall off Norfolk right now. Might be of relevance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

tricky D wrote: »
    There are TARTAN21 (KC2 Voyager tanker) and DARK21 out of Lakenheath/Mildenhall off Norfolk right now. Might be of relevance.

Dark 21 is an f-15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I seen just there on FR 24 an aircraft that took off from waterford with a Reg p524 it disappeared over nass. According to google it appears to be the GASU defender. Would you usually see it on FR24?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

roadmaster wrote: »
    I seen just there on FR 24 an aircraft that took off from waterford with a Reg p524 it disappeared over nass. According to google it appears to be the GASU defender. Would you usually see it on FR24?

Would be P254.

Depends on altitude and FR24 coverage as I think it’s Mode S only, with no ADS-B

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/how-we-track-flights-with-mlat/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Latest Ryanair on the way in to Dublin now. EI-GDT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kevin711

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Cavok Air Antonov AN-12 (UR-KDM) just flew over my house in Clondalkin. It's flying from Shannon to an unknown destination. Some noise from it!
    Heard that this morning too, what a racket! - at 17,000ft it was louder than the ATRs that often pass over me on departure from DUB at around 7,000ft!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

5 mins ago over Clonmel..low flying jet of some type..nothing on Flightradar..sounded very odd..my husband actually thought it was going to crash..travelling pretty quickly..I didn't think it was in trouble just the fact that I couldn't find anything about it..possibly heading west but I could be totally wrong on that..no visibility with the weather here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cream of Irish business over the Irish Sea near Wexford. EI-DMG (C441) of Dawn Meats Group and N272NR (E55P) of Munster Joinery returning from a day in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Munster Joinery has a private jet?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah, made from alu-clad!! Fired by turf, from the bogs of North Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Munster Joinery has a private jet?!?

You've obviously never bought windows! I wouldn't be surprised if they have a fleet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

First went into the UK market over 20 years ago.
    Thanks Marno, had lost track of their progress there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

davo2001 wrote: »
    You've obviously never bought windows! I wouldn't be surprised if they have a fleet!

Ha ha ha, no, I actually haven't!

I knew they were a big outfit and I've seen their vans all over the place, just couldn't have imagined a window maker was in private jet territory! More power to them I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Involved in a couple of hotels too i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Why is the ATR from Manchester currenly circling off Howth?

Edit, Air France from Paris and Ryanair from Copenhagen also gone into a holding pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Why is the ATR from Manchester currenly circling off Howth?

All aircraft holding, appears to be vehicles on the runway now, unsure of the exact reason. Appears to be a runway inspection.

ILS not in service currently on RWY28, perhaps that was the issue?

Update: It seems that ILS has been withdrawn and they were having a lighting check, this in preparation for works beginning on runway treshold displacement. VOR-T approaches from now on. Ops resuming.

28/34 threshold closed for testing prior to resurfacing work commencing workers on site and now using shortened runway and VOR approach apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

EI779 incoming from Lanzarote has gone around at Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭g0g

Can anyone tell me what flight THIS is? Was wondering if it was like a northern lights viewer, but it's daytime! Something looking at icebergs with tourists? Googled MDT1 but didn't find any matches.

Ignore - just read pic of plane saying "pollution control" on the side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I just noticed on Flight radar the vast majority of West bound transatlantic flights are very South of their usual tracks, is this due to weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

kub wrote: »
    I just noticed on Flight radar the vast majority of West bound transatlantic flights are very South of their usual tracks, is this due to weather?

Could just be due to the jetstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

kub wrote: »

Today the westbound North Atlantic Tracks (NATs, white) are south of the jet (120 knots @ FL300, yellow).

440681.gif

The overnight Eastbounds are more north, in the jet, to get a nice tailwind home.

440685.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Thank you Gaoth Laidir, what are they calling 51 North, 15 West, these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

DINIM

BMR1508 holding at FL200 east of City of Derry airport.

EGAE 062050Z 28006KT 250V320 6000 SCT005 BKN022 01/01 Q1024 RESHSN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

RJA1136, Royal Jordanian A310(F) just passing the southwest tip of Ireland en route JFK to Amman. I see that the flight time for this service is between 10 and 11 hours - good going for an A310. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RJA1136

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

A Beech B200 Super King Air (Capital Air Ambulance), EGL09, departed Dublin Airport a while ago. It flew over my house, and thought it sounded unusual.

https://www.flightradar24.com/EGL09/105c463b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Noxegon

EI-RJX had a bad day today. Passengers apparently spent most of the day in Southend Airport.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-rjx#105dc13d

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

"MET 1",G-LUXE operating south east of Waterford at various levels. Built in 1981

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

"MET 1",G-LUXE operating south east of Waterford at various levels. Built in 1981

What has the aircraft's age got to do with it?. IIRC this is one of the BAe146 prototypes, stretched and modified over the course of its life. I recall looking over the fence at Hatfield in 1982 and seeing a couple of the first 146s which were engaged in the initial flight test programme.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement