Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR6673 (RYR25GL) LPL-NOC holding at Knock for the past while, likely due snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

JCX BXC wrote: »
    FR6673 (RYR25GL) LPL-NOC holding at Knock for the past while, likely due snow.

Diverted to Shannon. The second one diverted west of Dublin to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

EchoIndia wrote:
    What has the aircraft's age got to do with it?. IIRC this is one of the BAe146 prototypes, stretched and modified over the course of its life. I recall looking over the fence at Hatfield in 1982 and seeing a couple of the first 146s which were engaged in the initial flight test programme.

Jaysus, touchy!! Maybe he thought some people would be interested in it as it's an older aircraft and something a bit different. It piqued my curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

EchoIndia wrote: »
    What has the aircraft's age got to do with it :) ? IIRC this is one of the BAe146 prototypes, stretched and modified over the course of its life. I recall looking over the fence at Hatfield in 1982 and seeing a couple of the first 146s which were engaged in the initial flight test programme.

Now wouldn't that have been nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

"MET 1",G-LUXE operating south east of Waterford at various levels. Built in 1981

Great to see her still working. Saying her age really piqued my interest. Thank you. Little oddities of info like that are useful. Don't mind the begrudger!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Fun and games at Knock right now, 4 aircraft on the ground and 3 parking stands……

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

BA213 LHR - BOS B777 diverting to SNN with looks like a medical emergency.

BZ wrote: »

I don't know but I don't think so, they've declared Pan Pan Pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

BZ wrote: »

Think its an issue with smoke. Stopping rw for inspection on landing.

*Smoke in cockpit and cabin. Dissipated on landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Pan?
    I thought they would say "we are in an emergency" like on the tv programs? Do they say the pan thing on their radio connection set? Who would they tell? How did you hear it have you a aircraft walkiy talkiy

• Advertisement

mikel97 wrote: »
    Pan?
    I thought they would say "we are in an emergency" like on the tv programs? Do they say the pan thing on their radio connection set? Who would they tell? How did you hear it have you a aircraft walkiy talkiy

0 marks for attempt :)

Seriously though my point was that they issued a pan pan pan, and iirc you don't issue them for medical emergencies.

mikel97 wrote: »

Pan?
    Sarcasm, or not?? I can’t tell…… so yes pan pan pan is the required declaration you’d make to air traffic control for an emergency it’s a grade below “mayday” used for a critical emergency.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There's a replacement 772, G-VIIM, inbound from LHR at present over the Irish Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

0 marks for attempt :)

Seriously though my point was that they issued a pan pan pan, and iirc you don't issue them for medical emergencies.

They can call pan pan or mayday for medical emergencies, I’ve experienced both.

HTCOne wrote: »
    They can call pan pan or mayday for medical emergencies, I’ve experienced both.

Was wrong then! Was sure it wasn't something done around this part of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Was wrong then! Was sure it wasn't something done around this part of the world!

You’re right in a way in that MOST airlines will just declare a medical emergency. BA tend to say PAN PAN as you need to declare it to get priority at LHR I believe. The yanks tend to just declare an emergency for everything really.

Only non BA mayday for a medical I’ve had that I can think of off the top of my head was an EL AL 747 with a severely ill baby, he came off the ocean at Mach .90

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

If distress, MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAY-DAY; if urgency, PAN-PAN, PAN-PAN, PAN-PAN.
    As per our book.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

ATR42-600 EI-GEV arrived in Dublin this afternoon following painting in Shannon. The end is near for EI-EHH and EI-CBK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Comhrá

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Jaysus, touchy!! Maybe he thought some people would be interested in it as it's an older aircraft and something a bit different. It piqued my curiosity.

Here it is at Fairford a few years ago.
    14506827497_30ea9cceff_b.jpgG-LUXE BAe146-300 by Irish251, on Flickr

Much-modified for atmospheric research, this machine was the first BAe146 built (as G-SSSH, a series 100), being converted in 1987 to become the first series 300 variant. It now flies for the FAAM (Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements). FAAM is the result of a collaboration between the Met Office and the Natural Environment Research Council and has been established as part of the National Centre for Atmospheric Sciences to provide an aircraft measurement platform for use by all the UK atmospheric research community on campaigns throughout the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Ok E I!! You are on the road to redemption!!!!����

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

EI-EBA returned to Bucharest Airport after takeoff on OTP-DUB flight. From FR24 data it looks like an intersection takeoff although the runway is 3,500m long

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-eba#1061ed49

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

marno21 wrote: »
    EI-EBA returned to Bucharest Airport after takeoff on OTP-DUB flight. From FR24 data it looks like an intersection takeoff although the runway is 3,500m long

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-eba#1061ed49

Possible tail strike on take off

The Ryanair private jet currently landing at Knock, presumably with engineers on board to fix EI-DPN which seems to have gone tech there this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Locker10a wrote:
    The Ryanair private jet currently landing at Knock, presumably with engineers on board to fix EI-DPN which seems to have gone tech there this morning

I wonder is the inside of that plane decked out like a typical mechanics rest area, pictures of page 3 girls on the walls, dirty mugs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

kub wrote: »
    I wonder is the inside of that plane decked out like a typical mechanics rest area, pictures of page 3 girls on the walls, dirty mugs etc?

Probably still got the plastic on everything, lest they get oil stains on the leather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Anyone know where OE-IEG is headed?

Took off from DUB this afternoon, currently over Kazakhstan.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Anyone know where OE-IEG is headed?

Took off from DUB this afternoon, currently over Kazakhstan.
    Off to Hong Kong Airlines to become B-LHA

FR1183 (RYR76VP) LGW-SNN gone around at Shannon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Still flying as a Head of State aircraft and its 40 years old, its sister ship is 36 years old.

hz-hm1b-saudi-arabian-government-boeing-747sp-68?sid=bd9cbdc6fcb95dd1348fe56b95c5db6a&sc=2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement