Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Boeing 777. It’s the second Air India I’ve noticed low this week. Just wondering why one airline would travel so low compared to others in the same area.

Purely coincidental I'd imagine. They'd probably be quite heavy compared to a speedbird going LHR-JFK or similar - maybe that has something to do with it as crossing the FIR they'll be relatively heavy if they're going eastbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭tom_k

Lockheed WP-3D Orion (NOAA42 )just overflew South Mayo at 8000 ft. Heading south. Unusual I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

tom_k wrote: »
    Lockheed WP-3D Orion (NOAA42 )just overflew South Mayo at 8000 ft. Heading south. Unusual I thought...

Based in Shannon for a month, flying weather research flights over the Atlantic.

https://www.omao.noaa.gov/learn/aircraft-operations/about/hurricane-hunters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

FR117 from Gatwick to Dublin with Ryanair makes its fastest crossing in the past year at 48 minutes. Pilot said flight time would be just over an hour but there you go. Pretty much a direct routing. The only reason I am posting it is because I was on that flight and I am a nerd. It felt ridiculously quick for a LGW - DUB sector but I wasn't complaining!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/fr117#10761ce8

Edit: FR119 did a 46 minute later that night, also the fastest in a year according to my FlightRadar Gold subsciption. Must be some seriously favourable wind conditions or ATC routing to knock 15-20 minutes off the average for such a short sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Looks like it’s because they can take the direct route across wales which they normally have to avoid due to military activity.

And going in the Dublin direction there’s usually no holding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Theres a Norwegian aircraft heading out of shannon for dublin would it off being in for maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

roadmaster wrote: »
    Theres a Norwegian aircraft heading out of shannon for dublin would it off being in for maintenance

Went tech in Shannon, I assume it's just positioning for a flight tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Looks like it’s because they can take the direct route across wales which they normally have to avoid due to military activity.

And going in the Dublin direction there’s usually no holding

Nah this is different, there are a few from last week that took exactly the same routing as I did but took ten minutes longer with no holding.

Interesting, in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭boccy23

https://www.flightradar24.com/DLH400/107f1464

Seems to be turning for home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

boccy23 wrote: »
    https://www.flightradar24.com/DLH400/107f1464

Seems to be turning for home.

yeah .. spotted the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭boccy23

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Boeing 777. It’s the second Air India I’ve noticed low this week. Just wondering why one airline would travel so low compared to others in the same area.

They’re full to the gills with fuel on departure, only about a third of the way through the flight when in Irish airspace

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

We are supposed to be blocked on plane trackers, departing LTN tomorrow around 18:00. If anyone manages to track us, would you please let me know 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

smurfjed wrote: »
    We are supposed to be blocked on plane trackers, departing LTN tomorrow around 18:00. If anyone manages to track us, would you please let me know ��

How could we track you if the flight is blocked on flight tracking websites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭space2ground1

HTCOne wrote: »
    They’re full to the gills with fuel on departure, only about a third of the way through the flight when in Irish airspace

Interesting! Why would that cause a lower altitude to be set?

We are supposed to be blocked on plane trackers, departing LTN tomorrow around 18:00. If anyone manages to track us, would you please let me know ��

Since aircraft have the option of not being shown on FR24 how come some are shown as blocked? If they don't want to be known would they not just remove them selfs completely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Interesting! Why would that cause a lower altitude to be set?

I found this article to be a good explanation of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step_climb

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Irish Government Jet 258 on descent into Naples: https://www.flightradar24.com/LJ45/1085d62e

Departed Baldonnell after dropping Leo home from Brussels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Fuel stop on way to pick up President from Greece?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

AGC wrote: »
    258 airbone again ex Naples heading south east, looks like you could be right.

Edit: now on descent over southern Greece - landed at Athens

Since aircraft have the option of not being shown on FR24 how come some are shown as blocked? If they don't want to be known would they not just remove them selfs completely ?
    FR24 are quite responsive when asked to block an aircraft, they remove the data associated with the aircraft, however the aircraft will still be shown. I was wondering how easy it was for people to link the blocked aircraft to its data.

FR24 are quite responsive when asked to block an aircraft, they remove the data associated with the aircraft, however the aircraft will still be shown. I was wondering how easy it was for people to link the blocked aircraft to its data.

That's where I am probably getting confused I asked here before about aircraft you could see in the sky but not on FR24. I think one of the replys was they where some military aircraft but mostly private jets that have asked FR24 remove them completely . So I was just wondering why go with blocked if you can be gone completely

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

marno21 wrote: »
    AGC wrote: »
    258 airbone again ex Naples heading south east, looks like you could be right.

Edit: now on descent over southern Greece - landed at Athens
    Why the stop in NAP? Can the Learjet not do Dublin- Athens non stop ?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Why the stop in NAP? Can the Learjet not do Dublin- Athens non stop ?

Don’t think so

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learjet_45 (Range: 1,968 mi (1,710 nmi, 3,167 km) (4 passengers))

Jeppesen shows EIME LGAV as 1558 nms great circle, so depending on the winds, payload and alternates, it might be outside the range.

258 is just after taking off from Naples after a stopover on its way home from Athens.

Perhaps some other reason for stopping there

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    258 is just after taking off from Naples after a stopover on its way home from Athens.

Perhaps some other reason for stopping there

There wouldn’t.

Would be a enough paperwork and work for the Italian authorities as is having a head of state stopover even for a drop of juice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement