Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lots of disruption in the canaries today, currently both Tenerife airports and Lanzarote have no aircraft successfully landing, and I doubt that Fuerteventura and Las Palmas have much capacity left. Some aircraft look like they may be diverting all the way to Maderia.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

JCX BXC wrote:
    Lots of disruption in the canaries today, currently both Tenerife airports and Lanzarote have no aircraft successfully landing, and I doubt that Fuerteventura and Las Palmas have much capacity left. Some aircraft look like they may be diverting all the way to Maderia.

Presumably that's wind related?

rushfan wrote: »
    Presumably that's wind related?

Plus rain and cloud.

Rain is a rarity there, especially in Lanzarote. Lanzarote is having some landers now, still a few go around though. Looks like some aircraft heading to Agadir in Morocco, and some aircraft about to land in Porto Santo, the island beside Maderia.

EI778 Dublin-Lanzarote diverting to Faro and another TUI from Amsterdam turning back just south of Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'm open to correction on this but I'm pretty sure pilots have to have undergone special training to fly the approach into Madeira. Therefore it may not be a divert option for some because of this.

• Advertisement

I'm open to correction on this but I'm pretty sure pilots have to have undergone special training to fly the approach into Madeira. Therefore it may not be a divert option for some because of this.

Yeah, they went to Porto Santo not Maderia, I meant to say it above.

I actually knew that special training, however just assumed that these aircraft were able to fly that approach (considering more went to Agadir instead.)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

What a day for the Ryanair crew (and passangers) on the morning flight from Bristol to Lanzarote on FR4755. They left Bristol just before 9am, never got into Lanzarote, diverted to fuerteventura. After staying there a while, refuelling etc, they took off to go back to Lanzarote, as FR475. However, they made 3 go-arounds in Lanzarote, diverted back to Fuerteventura again and have just landed there again now. 9 hours after leaving Bristol, still not in Lanzarote, but fair dues to the crew for giving it 3 approaches to Lanzarote before re-diverting back to FVE.

On a seperate note, but connected by the GCRR weather, EI778 Dublin to Lanzarote diverted to Faro on the way down. Stayed there a while, but is now on its way coming back up, presumably back to Dublin.

The Shannon-Lanzarote Ryanair flight diverted to FUE this morning, went back to Lanzarote after a few hours and left Lanzarote heading back to Shannon with a 4 hour delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

What a day for the Ryanair crew (and passangers) on the morning flight from Bristol to Lanzarote on FR4755. They left Bristol just before 9am, never got into Lanzarote, diverted to fuerteventura. After staying there a while, refuelling etc, they took off to go back to Lanzarote, as FR475. However, they made 3 go-arounds in Lanzarote, diverted back to Fuerteventura again and have just landed there again now. 9 hours after leaving Bristol, still not in Lanzarote, but fair dues to the crew for giving it 3 approaches to Lanzarote before re-diverting back to FVE.

Did I read somewhere that best practice suggests that no more than two go arounds should be performed...... (I think it was the report into the turbo prop accident in Cork a few years ago??)

Minister wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that best practice suggests that no more than two go arounds should be performed...... (I think it was the report into the turbo prop accident in Cork a few years ago??)

It's common practice, however three go arounds is not unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Minister wrote: »

I believe some airlines forbid a third go around as company policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It would appear that both ETH500 and ETH502 are currently returning to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Why did QR730 Dallas-Doha just divert into Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Why did QR730 Dallas-Doha just divert into Dublin?

Medical emergency on board

Edinburgh was temporarily closed due to snow, looks like things getting back going again.

Edinburgh was temporarily closed due to snow, looks like things getting back going again.

All aircraft holding at the moment.

Does anyone know what EI723 is doing?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Does anyone know what EI723 is doing?

Deviating due to weather. Unsure of intentions as snow is beginning to stick on the runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Multiple flights bound for Dublin diverting to Shannon.

colbarr wrote: »
    Multiple flights bound for Dublin diverting to Shannon.
    I’m surprised they haven’t the runway cleared as there’s no traffic this hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Due to a severe, heavy downfall of snow overnight runway ops have been suspended @DublinAirport. Contact your airline directly for latest travel updates before coming to the airport today. Our snow teams are working to clear the airfield.
    Dublin Airport just tweeted this.

colbarr wrote: »
    Due to a severe, heavy downfall of snow overnight runway ops have been suspended @DublinAirport. Contact your airline directly for latest travel updates before coming to the airport today. Our snow teams are working to clear the airfield.
    Dublin Airport just tweeted this.
    Hmm I wonder will they have it cleared for the early rush hour

Looking like EI104 & 130 both heading for SNN too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Locker10a wrote: »
    I’m surprised they haven’t the runway cleared as there’s no traffic this hour

No point trying to clear it at 3:30am for 4 or 5 arrivals due between 4-5am and having it covered again by the time rush hour begins at 6.

ET504 heading for Shannon, no attempt at Dublin, EY45 from Abu Dhabi is holding near DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

ET504 heading for Shannon, no attempt at Dublin, EY45 from Abu Dhabi is holding near DUB.

ET504 needs to refuel before heading on to LAX, so may as well do that in SNN while runwa closed..

jd wrote: »
    ET504 needs to refuel before heading on to LAX, so may as well do that in SNN while runwa closed..

Yes, but it also serves passengers in Dublin coming from Addis Ababa and going to LAX.

ATC informing one of the ground crew that they may get a job as a rally driver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Poor Ethiad. In the hold for the past while and finally decided to go to Edinburgh, who told them no. Capacity isssues there so no joy. Ethiad sadly returns to the hold with “You sure you’re not open until 8? :(

ETA: Looks like they’ll be able to land in Dublin BUT they’re checking the runway and they have to wait. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

bronn wrote: »
    Poor Ethiad. In the hold for the past while and finally decided to go to Edinburgh, who told them no. Capacity isssues there so no joy. Ethiad sadly returns to the hold with “You sure you’re not open until 8? :(

ETA: Looks like they’ll be able to land in Dublin BUT they’re checking the runway and they have to wait. Again.

Any reason why they would go to EDI over SNN? I guess they have agents in EDI but surely better for pax to be on the island?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

ETH500 climbing out of SNN so relief crew must have been organised for there in good time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement