Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

LHR - BHD BA1420 also diverted to DUB this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Carnacalla wrote: »
    VLM flight W26148 (Unsure of accuracy of this flight number)/VLM18LW from LTN-WAT appears to be diverting to Dublin, turning for approach at DUB now.

Wonder what that was all about

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What's happening here?
    FR200 from Dublin http://fr24.com/RYR200/8fcb6e2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

KoolKid wrote: »
    What's happening here?
    FR200 from Dublin http://fr24.com/RYR200/8fcb6e2

Training.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Antonov 124 just touched down in Shannon, any idea what its departure time is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

davo2001 wrote: »
    Antonov 124 just touched down in Shannon, any idea what its departure time is?

Around 6pm I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Airborne just now (6.15pm) Heading West.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fr336 wrote: »
    Wonder what that was all about

Was quite windy at that time, also I understand that the runway at WAT regularly pools with water so that could also be a reason too.

ElNino wrote: »
    Training.

The 700 doesn't do trainings anymore, hasn't done in a long time, it was out today cause it was due to position to CPH and then onto BRU but it got cancelled a bit after take-off

billie1b wrote: »
    The 700 doesn't do trainings anymore, hasn't done in a long time, it was out today cause it was due to position to CPH and then onto BRU but it got cancelled a bit after take-off

It took off, and immediately returned to DUB. A bit after take-off meaning during?

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    It took off, and immediately returned to DUB. A bit after take-off meaning during?

A bit, during, same difference to me really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Here's a nice flight path...

28f7e43cb3f2a176df975eae705f470b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

tom_k wrote: »
    Here's a nice flight path...

Interestingly, RAF Odiham is exactly at the centre of that circle...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

At a guess, there was some sort of check being done of the quality of the radar returns (primary and or SSR) at low level.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Looks like a perfect DME arc around the TACAN based at the field (Similar to a civilian VOR)

Lots of holding at DUB.

Switching to RWY34? Edit: doesn't look like it. Strong northerly wind.

Anyone know the reasons for the delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya they have switched...planes landing in over the city now as of the last 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

EIN583 and EIN52J almost piggybacking for the last few minutes at least? :eek::pac:

http://www.flightradar24.com/EIN52J/8ff0d89

Update: Uncoupled now - must have been embarassed when they saw me looking :p379405.JPG

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Looks like a perfect DME arc around the TACAN based at the field (Similar to a civilian VOR)

If that was hand flown, then it was some flying to get it that accurate, I don't know if the automation would be capable of flying a DME arc, on the older aircraft that I know better, there was no way to fly that automatically, it was a case of almost constant small heading changes to follow the line on the screen, which on a choppy day got "interesting". On a "steam" aircraft that didn't have a line on a screen to follow, it was a case of changing the heading to keep the DME distance at (or close to ;)) whatever the arc was at, and on older DME's where the display was in strange places on smaller aircraft, it played hell with the scan in IFR,:D

DME arcs were so rare then that there wasn't a formula for working out the heading change and how often to make them, I suspect that when they became more common, (and Dublin was festooned with the wretched things!), someone somewhere came up with a way to make it easier to follow them for the types that needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Our Honeywell FMS had the ability to fly a radius around a point, so you basically entered the point and the required distance and off it goes.

Alternatively a lot of airports have DME arc arrivals so the FMS will follow the required track, or you enter place/bearing/distance around a point and once again the FMS will follow the track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Defiantly not hand flown! Would have been set up in the FMS or Coupled GPS.

I thought I'd left DME arcs behind when I qualified but ended up doing them for 2 different operators into EIWF. One hand flown the other was coupled, using the NDB needle for reference was always easier than changing the VOR course bar and Heading. Unless you switched the "rabbit ears" over. The hardest part of the arc was alway the entry! Took a bit of experience and skill to turn 90 degrees and be exactly on the arc without significant correction.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Our Honeywell FMS had the ability to fly a radius around a point, so you basically entered the point and the required distance and off it goes.
    Growler!!! wrote: »
    Defiantly not hand flown! Would have been set up in the FMS or Coupled GPS.

I thought I'd left DME arcs behind when I qualified but ended up doing them for 2 different operators into EIWF. One hand flown the other was coupled, using the NDB needle for reference was always easier than changing the VOR course bar and Heading. Unless you switched the "rabbit ears" over. The hardest part of the arc was alway the entry! Took a bit of experience and skill to turn 90 degrees and be exactly on the arc without significant correction.

Thanks, I was expecting that the newer systems were more capable, I still remember trying very hard not to rock the cabin of the (then relatively new) Aer Lingus 320 sim too much when flying an arc, as there were about 10 (academic) visitors standing behind us, so it was important not to do anything too sudden, the plan was to demonstrate some of the warning systems, so we were flying at low level towards the Wicklow hills in order to trigger a GPWS terrain warning, but at that time, the automation didn't have any arc flying capability.

The PA39 was more tricky, the DME was old, and had rotating distance indicators, which were prone to some stiction, so they'd not always move as smoothly as was needed, so it was very easy to be half a mile out of position very easily, simply because the distance indicated was slow to change, and it was buried somewhere down around my left knee, so seeing the distance information accurately, (especially at night) was "interesting".

And yes, in different circumstances, if I could, I'd do it again at the blink of an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Anyone seen EI-ELA on flight radar lately? It's an A330-300 Aer Lingus. The last record I can find online was a flight to France last month on the 7th. I'm assuming it going through some sort of maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

jay93 wrote: »
    Anyone seen EI-ELA on flight radar lately? It's an A330-300 Aer Lingus. The last record I can find online was a flight to France last month on the 7th. I'm assuming it going through some sort of maintenance?

Correct. http://www.thelingussource.com/tag/ei-ela/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

jay93 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus schedule their A330 maintenance every year from Jan-Mar. Summer schedule kicks in the last weekend of March, should all be done by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

EI-ELA inbound to DUB right now

Tenger wrote: »
    Aer Lingus schedule their A330 maintenance every year from Jan-Mar. Summer schedule kicks in the last weekend of March, should all be done by then.

Cool thanks never knew that looks like it's back in DUB now.

EI-ELA inbound to DUB right now

Thanks :) wouldn't have noticed this myself , watched the replay of the flight from BOR to DUB since I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Ei123 seems to turning back :confused:

jq2e08.png

• Advertisement

Out of range glitch id say for the EI123

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement