Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I heard today from a lad who claims to know everything that a Boeing 747 landed in Farranfore today as a diversion due to the snow in Dublin? I don't think Kerry would be capable of handing a 747 surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Doltanian wrote: »
    I heard today from a lad who claims to know everything that a Boeing 747 landed in Farranfore today as a diversion due to the snow in Dublin? I don't think Kerry would be capable of handing a 747 surely?

Where would a 747 come from? None operate to Ireland.

A 747 most certainly did not land in Kerry today, nothing bigger than a 737.

2 Aer Lingus diversions to Shannon from this morning making their way back to Dublin, the first of the 2 is in a hold at Dublin waiting for the runway to reopen.

Some serious disruption all evening at both Cork and Dublin airport, and does not look any better for tomorrow afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

JCX BXC wrote: »
    2 Aer Lingus diversions to Shannon from this morning making their way back to Dublin, the first of the 2 is in a hold at Dublin waiting for the runway to reopen.

Some serious disruption all evening at both Cork and Dublin airport, and does not look any better for tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Shamrock 124A reporting turbulence in the hold pattern at 15,000 and "much livelier below 10,000"

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

The 2 diversions from Cork to Shannon are still on the ground with passengers

• Advertisement

lfc200 wrote: »
    The 2 diversions from Cork to Shannon are still on the ground with passengers

The snows only stopped in Cork, being honest I'm doubtful that Cork will be open anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The snows only stopped in Cork, being honest I'm doubtful that Cork will be open anytime soon.

Also doubtful, airport closed till 1 at the moment.
    Hoping to conduct friction tests shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Shamrock 124A reporting turbulence in the hold pattern at 15,000 and "much livelier below 10,000"

How do you know this? From flight radar24?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Prob the LiveATC app or handheld scanner

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Prob the LiveATC app or handheld scanner

Confirmed. I assumed everyone uses Flightradar in conjunction with ATC otherwise like watching a tv on mute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

https://www.flightradar24.com/TOM174/1093cdd6

Thomson #BY174 from Manchester to Cancun is diverting to London Gatwick due to a shattered flight deck window

Diverted whilst over Dublin

Not one flight operating to or from Cork airport today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

DUB closing from 3pm today until Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Do we think they'll accept inbound flights due around 4-30?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    DUB closing from 3pm today until Saturday

From their Twitter account:
    No the airport is not closing. Airlines are suspending operations given the very extreme weather that is forecast.
    Dublin Airport (@DublinAirport) March 1, 2018

Several inbound flights circling around Co Meath and Co Wicklow for the past while and the Washington flight still hasn't taken off although it's status is "departed" since 1.30. I'm glad I'm not flying today.

Update - E1 119 to Washington has actually just taken off now.

faoiarvok wrote: »
    From their Twitter account:

Its a technicality, the DAA don’t like saying that it’s closed even though it basically is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

Plenty seems to be getting in and out of the airport at the moment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JP McManus EI-JSK on approach to Shannon over Clonmel at the minute. couldn't miss out on this snowstorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Still a few flights operating in and out of Dublin currently.

Kerry closed til Saturday morning:
    AERODROME CLOSED

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Are they likely to try and keep the Shannon runway open in case of trans Atlantic emergencies or is it a case of if the airport is closed, the runway is closed?

Dublin Airport Airfield is now in the possession of the DAA. No more incoming out outgoing flights and ATC is shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

EI 139 just departed. Last movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

ETH505 is en route LAX-DUB but will presumably divert, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

SNN is closed, it won't get in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Is belfast open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

What's the chance of reopening by Saturday?
    Emirates have me holed up in a hotel in Dubai and are saying I'll fly out Saturday

• Advertisement

What's the chance of reopening by Saturday?
    Emirates have me holed up in a hotel in Dubai and are saying I'll fly out Saturday

Fairly good
    Is belfast open?

Currently it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement