Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Disastrous situation on the ground at DUB right now, all arrivals waiting on taxiways, some for hours...
    Not good

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

FR9944 ACE-ORK diverted to Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Turkish also using an A330 from Istanbul to Dublin this morning.

And this afternoon. https://www.flightradar24.com/THY6JD/1098ef24

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

EchoIndia wrote: »

Some good thinking there to clear the backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Locker10a wrote: »
    Disastrous situation on the ground at DUB right now, all arrivals waiting on taxiways, some for hours...
    Not good
    Is that because of lack of available stands or taxiways impassable?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Not good

The late startup of the EI and FR Dublin based fleets obviously means stand availability is at a premium.

So far of the EI short haul departures, only EI 158 has departed from what I can tell and eight FR flights.

That's a lot of aircraft still on stand. Clearly as they start to depart things will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Ek2501 enroute to dub
    At least 5 empty seats
    How's the conditions??

Kk2501 enroute to dub
    At least 5 empty seats I can see

How's the conditions on the runway in dub?
    Major delays (hours) after landing waiting for gates to become available right now. Hopefully this will improve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Whole series of delays, Etihad arrived, but there was another Etihad already on its stand, he taxis out but incoming not happy with surface

Qatar misses his slot, can't push back until a new slot is issued

Lufthansa send a A330

Add in a chunk of T2 gates are closed due ongoing works and you get a mess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Delta from JFK is daily at the minute?

Second 764 operating as DL9857 over Limerick at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

2 new Ryanair's on the way, over north Canada at he minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Qatar misses his slot, can't push back until a new slot is issued
    I was wondering about that myself , which slot was this, Eurocontrol ? Can DAA not beg Maastricht to expedite at the mo ?

masit wrote: »
    2 new Ryanair's on the way, over north Canada at he minute.
    A third one not long behind! GDY/GJD/GJE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Listening to the radio and watching FR24 it sounds like cars driving around a supermarket trying to find a parking spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

trellheim wrote: »
    I was wondering about that myself , which slot was this, Eurocontrol ? Can DAA not beg Maastricht to expedite at the mo ?

New slot was 60 minutes or so out from the first one so a stand blocked with a wide body

trellheim wrote: »

New slot was 60 minutes or so out from the first one so a stand blocked with a wide body
    Couldn’t they have just pushed to remote and cleared the stand

marno21 wrote: »
    A third one not long behind! GDY/GJD/GJE

Flightplanned to Shannon. https://flightaware.com/live/airport/EINN/enroute

EchoIndia wrote: »

Weird that. ADS-B data for all three shows route as KBFI-EIDW

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Etihad still waiting for gate.

I note Shannons flights are disastrous despite being fully operational, an Aer Lingus went to London this morning, but flew to Cork then causing the cancellation of the afternoon Lanzarote flight also, Ryanairs evening flights to London STN and LGW are cancelled, Norwegians Providence is cancelled, Birmingham is not cancelled but the flight is dependant on Stobart departing from Cork at 6:45, which is only happening now, 8 hours later.

Very very messy day today at all airports.

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Etihad still waiting for gate.

I note Shannons flights are disastrous despite being fully operational, an Aer Lingus went to London this morning, but flew to Cork then causing the cancellation of the afternoon Lanzarote flight also, Ryanairs evening flights to London STN and LGW are cancelled, Norwegians Providence is cancelled, Birmingham is not cancelled but the flight is dependant on Stobart departing from Cork at 6:45, which is only happening now, 8 hours later.

Very very messy day today at all airports.
    I don’t see how there won’t be a wave of cancellations this evening unless the airlines operate very late tonight and into the early hours and have crews within hours to do so

I don’t see how there won’t be a wave of cancellations this evening unless the airlines operate very late tonight and into the early hours and have crews within hours to do so

Can't see how BHX won't be cancelled tbh.

The cancellation of the Stansted flight perplexes me, as it's a Stansted based aircraft. Norwegians Providence cancellation is also strange as Shannon was open from 5am.

Back to schedule tomorrow hopefully, if not definitely by Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Flight plans are for DUB, correct, but they are diverting to SNN due to no capacity at DUB at the moment, place is bonkers! Might get one or two in but not all 3

The flight plan details on the Flightaware page for each flight show a MOMIN arrival to EINN. I imagine the potential for delays into Dublin would be a large part of the rationale for going to Shannon on this occasion.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Can't see how BHX won't be cancelled tbh.

Now cancelled, can't see why it wasn't done earlier but anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Jet2 B738 (LS755) (MAN-TFS) diverting to SNN at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

billie1b wrote: »
    Flight plans are for DUB, correct, but they are diverting to SNN due to no capacity at DUB at the moment, place is bonkers! Might get one or two in but not all 3

They dont seem to be on track for Shannon, they seem to be heading southeast from Donegal.

Comhra wrote: »
    Jet2 B738 (LS755) (MAN-TFS) diverting to SNN at present.

Medical.

I see Norwegian have a regular 737-800NG operation the SNN-PVD today

• Advertisement

I see Norwegian have a regular 737-800NG operation the SNN-PVD today

Inbound was cancelled so that was taken from DUB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement