Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Embraer Legacy 500 inbound Dublin has registration D-BEER. Easy to know what the occupant's weekend plans are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

marno21 wrote: »
    Embraer Legacy 500 inbound Dublin has registration D-BEER. Easy to know what the occupant's weekend plans are :)

Diamond sales? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

davo2001 wrote: »
    Based at Shannon for a month for weather research, now has a different livery then what is pictured on FR.

Was a bit of interest here about NOAA42 while it was here, interview with crew here:

http://www.clare.fm/podcasts/hurricane-hunters-visit-shannon-airport/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR6673 (RYR25GL) LPL-NOC and FR805 (RYR7ZW) STN-NOC diverting to Shannon due to low cloud and an easterly wind at Knock.

Landing just ahead of them in Shannon is UA25 from Newark, resuming after it's first winter break in over a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Antonov An-26 over Dublin now some noise out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

roadmaster wrote: »
    Antonov An-26 over Dublin now some noise out of it

So, That's what it was. I thought it was an An-12 from the noise, until I checked FR24. It looks like It's Shannon-bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭roadmaster

There is two Dassualt Falcons doing circuits of the north east of england according to FR24. Would these really be fighter jets instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

There is two Dassualt Falcons doing circuits of the north east of england according to FR24. Would these really be fighter jets instead?

Cobham operates some Falcons on RAF contracts, they’re used as target aircraft for interception training and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

They are converted executive jets, like these ones.
    3278649720_dcac3452a3_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Trebor176 wrote: »
    So, That's what it was. I thought it was an An-12 from the noise, until I checked FR24. It looks like It's Shannon-bound.

Just heard it go over Tallaght there. Some sound from it.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Just heard it go over Tallaght there. Some sound from it.

Its unmistakeable

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just heard that Antonov go over from D4..... hard to believe it was at nearly 20,000ft :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Nice sound from it again. It surprised my Dad too.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just heard that Antonov go over from D4..... hard to believe it was at nearly 20,000ft :eek:

15,000ft going east

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

15,000ft going east

FL190 actually.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

LS746 FUE-EDI 738 squawking 7700 near Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

https://www.flightradar24.com/FDX9145/10b3992a

Fedex B757 on approach to DUB from HEL. A rare sight from what I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

AIB94TN the new A330neo is on its way to SNN to perform touch and go’s in the strong crosswinds.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

BZ wrote: »
    AIB94TN the new A330neo is on its way to SNN to perform touch and go’s in the strong crosswinds.
    A long runway and sporty weather makes Shannon a great testing/training location.
    Can we count a touch ‘n’ go as the 1st visit to Ireland? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Tenger wrote: »
    A long runway and sporty weather makes Shannon a great testing/training location.
    Can we count a touch ‘n’ go as the 1st visit to Ireland? ��

There is the possibility of the aircraft doing a full stop and taxi through for crew change so I would say yes.

• Advertisement

FR4776 (RYR26ZV) MAN-SNN holding at SNN due to wind.

Edit: Diverting to Dublin.

FR7329 (RYR8TM) LIS-DUB on finals at Liverpool following 2 Go-Arounds at DUB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Saw an A330 fly into Cork there amazing.

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Saw an A330 fly into Cork there amazing.

Very ususual sight! Brand new A330-900! Didn't land however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Very ususual sight! Brand new A330-900! Didn't land however.

Its doing Touch and Go's i presume saw it a second time unusual for Cork Airport to have the honours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Its doing Touch and Go's i presume saw it a second time unusual for Cork Airport to have the honours?

Yup, the airbus guys are probably looking for crosswind situations to do the max demonstrated crosswind demonstration as the NEO has a reprofiled wing/winglet

Cork is a good choice, little or no other traffic, Shannon is always first choice as it has a massive runway

Was at Shannon all afternoon, then did 2 go's at Cork on it's way back to Toulouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Horse84

It was a class sight especially as I wasn’t expecting it. It was bloody windy today so they got their money’s worth lol.
    Did the air corps casa visit cork today too does anyone know? Was sure I saw it on finals but I just caught a glance

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

Hearing on the feed something about a shorter runway for this evening? Setting up lights for it? Anyone have any info on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Razor44 wrote: »
    Hearing on the feed something about a shorter runway for this evening? Setting up lights for it? Anyone have any info on this
    Just caught it myself. Seems like construction work on the runway threshold requiring all lights to be turned off! Heard the tower, in response from a pilot asking for an estimate on the delay, saying that this is "the first night of this" so an estimate was going to be a bit difficult. This isn't going to be a once-off occurrance so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement