Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Locker10a wrote: »
    Is it just my Flightradar being glitchy or is a Voletea a319 EI-FZN operating the EI657 from FRA?

should be EI-FXN i think. EI-FZN is a RYR 737

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is it just my Flightradar being glitchy or is a Voletea a319 EI-FZN operating the EI657 from FRA?

Would appear to be the incorrect aircraft.

EI-FXN hasn't operated for Vueling since November 2017, randomly jumped around Europe 4 times (not on any particular course), and then is listed as having operated 4 Aer Lingus flights and 1 Ryanair flight periodically, without any positioning.

Fairly clear somethings not correct here.

If in doubt, check the aircrafts flight history.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

JCX BXC wrote: »

Would appear to be the incorrect aircraft.

EI-FXN hasn't operated for Vueling since November 2017, randomly jumped around Europe 4 times (not on any particular course), and then is listed as having operated 4 Aer Lingus flights and 1 Ryanair flight periodically, without any positioning.

Fairly clear somethings not correct here.

If in doubt, check the aircrafts flight history.
    Thanks, I thought something wasn’t right with it,very random glitch

Thanks, I thought something wasn’t right with it,very random glitch

I'd see it occasionally, my favourite was 'Sun-Air' seemingly operating Ryanair flights from Shannon on a Dornier 328. Wasn't actually happening of course but was funny to think about.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Flight was operated by A320 EI-EDP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭roadmaster

An air corps AW139 just coming back from Newcastle in the UK would it be a hospital; transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I was up early this morning as we had a student leaving the house at 4.30am.

A couple of planes went overhead.

I just figured they were the trans-atlantics coming in.
    But one of them was in from Cologne.
    That would be a bit unusual, right?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

lambayire wrote: »
    I was up early this morning as we had a student leaving the house at 4.30am.

A couple of planes went overhead.

I just figured they were the trans-atlantics coming in.
    But one of them was in from Cologne.
    That would be a bit unusual, right?

This was a cargo 767 that does nightly Cologne-Dublin-Shannon operated for UPS by Star Air (Maersk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

QF9, the first flight from Perth to Heathrow and the first regular service flight from Australia to Europe, is on the way.

The journey is scheduled to take 17-17.5 hours. That's a long time to be stuck in economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

17 hours, not bad. One could fly there for a day out and be home next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Veuling 8721 Dublin - Barcelona seems to have descended quite rapidly to 3000ft and is circling off Arklow, probably going to return

• Registered Users Posts: 21,523 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Here is an account of the Perth-London flight. Flying back in time, left at 6.50pm and lands at 5.03am. Another aviation milestone.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/mar/25/my-17-hour-qantas-odyssey-in-kangaroo-pyjamas

EI911 (EIN91W) LGW-NOC decided to divert to Shannon after a hold at Knock, and has now gone around on RWY06 at Shannon.

Having an issue with their ILS on board.

Norwegian are now using the NRS/Rednose callsign for long haul flights out of Gatwick beginning today, operated by their Norwegian Air UK subsidiary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

marno21 wrote: »
    Norwegian are now using the NRS/Rednose callsign for long haul flights out of Gatwick beginning today, operated by their Norwegian Air UK subsidiary.

I noted one yesterday so it must be as of the start of summer schedule.

EI-GJI, delivered only 2 days ago to Ryanair, has been clipped by a truck in Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

EI-GJI, delivered only 2 days ago to Ryanair, has been clipped by a truck in Dublin airport.

how do u know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

torrevieja wrote: »
    how do u know ?

I saw it on twitter....others maybe elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Clipped by an OCS truck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Virgin 747 on it's way from Gatwick to Belfast. Is this a positioning flight? I don't think it's diverting anyway.

• Advertisement

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Virgin 747 on it's way from Gatwick to Belfast. Is this a positioning flight? I don't think it's diverting anyway.

Yes it's a positioning flight to operate VS161 to Orlando at 14:10

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

BA 777 just coming into SNN now

BA 777 just coming into SNN now

Is there? From where?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Is there? From where?

Landed now and gone off FR24. I think it came from LGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Bit of a long trek for this.

Is there? From where?

G-VIIS landed as BAW9177 from LHR

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

marno21 wrote: »
    G-VIIS landed as BAW9177 from LHR

In to be fifted with a WIFI dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Significant holding going on around Dublin with a go around in the last while. Presume it's low visibility ops?

Significant holding going on around Dublin with a go around in the last while. Presume it's low visibility ops?

Nope, just RVO's however I notice that FR1445 (RYR787A) from Brussels has gone around, so that may change.

• Advertisement

Another go-around just now - Ryanair from Brussels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement