Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Yes. Strike on at the moment.
    Thought so, all flights to/from that direction Spain, Portugal etc all seem to be at least an hour late if not more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

roadmaster wrote: »
    A aircraft currently doing circuits over connuaght out of dublin. According to google it belongs to Jet2, would it be out for test run after maintance?

Jet 2's G-DRTD,it was Transaero's EI-RUI before that and EC-HJQ with Air Europa

TOM89D,G-TUIC,Boeing 787-8 just passing Wicklow now on the way into Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭VG31

Anyone know what the TUI 787 is doing operating the PMI flight to DUB? According to FR it is nearly 12 hours late. Is it covering for a cancelled flight maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Looks like there is the equivalent of a tractor run for Socata TBM700N over the country at the moment there seams to be at least 5 up in the air

4 TBM-910's out of Shannon together now heading Lands End initially, N930VT,N900JV,N910RW and N910XX

Couple of aerial surveys taking advantage of the fine weather also.PH-RVS operating north of Waterford and G-MAPY east of Sligo. EI-WMN is also about under the callsign Emerald 024.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 willier

UA17 United Airlines from London to New York just passed over my house dumping fuel and is currently circling over Lough Derg presumably waiting to land at Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭boccy23

willier wrote: »
    UA17 United Airlines from London to New York just passed over my house dumping fuel and is currently circling over Lough Derg presumably waiting to land at Shannon.

As a matter of interest, how do you know it was dumping fuel? Does it simply vapourise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

boccy23 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how do you know it was dumping fuel? Does it simply vapourise?

There's no way it would land with full tanks. It was LHR - EWR so would be full to the gills with fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 willier

I saw it approaching at an unusual height (8000ft according to fr24) and the contrails were unusual at that altitude and also not coming from the engines.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There's no way it would land with full tanks. It was LHR - EWR so would be full to the gills with fuel.

Unlikely to have been "full to the gills", a 767 ER can go a lot further than from London to the East Coast. They'd still have been over max landing weight, so that's why they'd have been dumping fuel, to avoid having to do extra inspections and checks after landing and before continuing in service.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

No, I was just querying what a fuel dump looks like.

No, I was just querying what a fuel dump looks like.

Oh apologies.
    At that level it would look similar to contrails.

Oh apologies.
    At that level it would look similar to contrails.

Thanks. Was there not something about making fuel dumps illegal or did I imagine that!?

Thanks. Was there not something about making fuel dumps illegal or did I imagine that!?

Never heard of that. Unfortunately it has to be done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

There's no way it would land with full tanks

Why not?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Why not?

It could damage the aircraft.

• Advertisement

Why do you say that? You do realise that aircraft must be certified to land at their maximum TAKEOFF weight (minus some fuel)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I see the now regular 10/28 runway shift has just taken place yet again at Dublin Airport.

So many changes in runway direction the past week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

lambayire wrote: »
    I see the now regular 10/28 runway shift has just taken place yet again at Dublin Airport.

So many changes in runway direction the past week or so.

They’re not doing it for the sake of it.

The wind does change direction you know! Aircraft land/take off into the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

LXFlyer wrote: »
    They’re not doing it for the sake of it.

The wind does change direction you know! Aircraft land/take off into the wind.

I know that. The winds have been remarkably shifty the past few weeks!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

lambayire wrote: »
    I know that. The winds have been remarkably shifty the past few weeks!!:)

You would be surprised how many people don’t!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

smurfjed wrote: »
    Why do you say that? You do realise that aircraft must be certified to land at their maximum TAKEOFF weight (minus some fuel)

True, and in certain emergencies, they would just get on the ground ASAP. However AFAIK if they land over weight, they require an extra inspection, which is costly and time consuming. Better to burn or dump fuel.

Boeing Airliner had a very interesting article about this...

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_3_07/AERO_Q307_article3.pdf

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Learjet on approach to Dublin is LX-ONE, Luxembourg Air Rescue (DUK1AMB)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Stobart 3866 Cork-Newcastle currently overflying Dublin in the cruise at only FL150. Why so low for a 1hr 25 min flight? Winds aloft are calm, so headwinds not the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement