Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Conditions can vary vastly over a few kilometers, and my experience with Cork is that the airports weather is often quite different from the city.

Where did you find out that it was the low cloud if you don't mind me asking, getting into airplane spotting and stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Where did you find out that it was the low cloud if you don't mind me asking, getting into airplane spotting and stuff :)

Air traffic control reported broken cloud at 100ft, 10pm METAR now states 200ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Belfast to Cork?

Perhaps it is a positioning flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

CX301 the inaugural HKG to DUB flight is just lining up for take off in Hong Kong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

CX301 the first HKG-DUB flight currently taxiing at Hong Kong Airport. Exciting times

ETA at Dublin is 06:45 (0545Z)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

marno21 wrote: »
    CX301 the first HKG-DUB flight currently taxiing at Hong Kong Airport. Exciting times

ETA at Dublin is 06:45 (0545Z)

Is that the first A350 to serve Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,691 ✭✭✭Trampas

Cloudio9 wrote: »

I think Qatar sent a 350 on the first journey here

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Trampas wrote: »
    Cloudio9 wrote: »

I think Qatar sent a 350 on the first journey here
    Correct but this will be full time A350

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ozzy jr wrote: »
    CX301 the inaugural HKG to DUB flight is just lining up for take off in Hong Kong.

Left 27 mins late, arrived 20 minutes early ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

vicwatson wrote: »
    Left 27 mins late, arrived 20 minutes early ;)

Is that based on the time it pushed back off stand and arrived on stand?

If it’s FR24 times, they do not reflect the timetable as they quote take off and landing times.

Airline timetables allow time for taxi to and from stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭roadmaster

An 124 just flying over the north of the country. A nice sound out if it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Does anyone know what airline carrier livery (its currently parked in Dublin) has a white body and an orange tail, with light orange and blue writing on the tail?

My eyesight cant make out the writing and havent got a camera that'll zoom enough to make it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

VW 1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what airline carrier livery (its currently parked in Dublin) has a white body and an orange tail, with light orange and blue writing on the tail?

My eyesight cant make out the writing and havent got a camera that'll zoom enough to make it out!

Is it one of these?

37096021586_50b194531e_c.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

VW 1 wrote: »

Likely C-FFPH of Sunwing, currently operating on behalf of TUI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

That's the one, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just experienced something really cool this morning. Was flying out of DUB to MAN in the first wave of departures this morning and we took off on RWY34 whilst an EI jet was taking off on 28.

Gotta admit this was really cool and didn't know Dublin had the potential to do dual departure operations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Yep happens every morning, wind dependant.

WW625 BCN-KEF turned around off the coast of Mayo and diverted to Shannon, landing around 2am. No reason yet for diversion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yep happens every morning, wind dependant.

I'd say not every morning, I've done it a few times and its kinda cool, but AFAIK from hearing on here, there are a surprisingly rare set of circumstances where it can be done, not limited to other taxiing aircraft, flow into the UK and a whole lot else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Comhrá

marno21 wrote: »
    WW625 BCN-KEF turned around off the coast of Mayo and diverted to Shannon, landing around 2am. No reason yet for diversion

I read elsewhere that it was due to weather in KEF. No other details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Comhra wrote: »

I was in Iceland recently and this comes as no surprise. There ain't no weather like Icelandic weather!

Comhra wrote: »
    METAR @ KEF at that time: BIKF 050100Z 05004KT 010V070 0200 R19/0500N FG VV001 05/05 Q1026

No wonder there was a diversion as Keflavik is notorious for issues if a diversion is required due to the lack of suitable airfields.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

This left Sligo Airport after 3.30pm today , rare to see a plane like that around. Possibly coincides with the stories of Prince Harry being around Mayo?

dav32cs wrote: »
    This left Sligo Airport after 3.30pm today , rare to see a plane like that around. Possibly coincides with the stories of Prince Harry being around Mayo?
    It was a Netjets operated plane anyway, it operated SXL-DUB a few weeks ago also. Someone in the region must have taken out a fractional ownership and is making use of Sligo Airport for his/her travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dassault Falcon N454AJ on the way into Kerry in the next 30 minutes

Dassault Falcon N454AJ on the way into Kerry in the next 30 minutes
    Spotted it on final approach there a few mins ago, nice out of hours cheque for the airport :)

Seems to have come from Nashville.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its heading over to Shannon now for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Snn to boston, due to take off at 12noon.
    On flightradar it says it took off at 11.03am...currently descending into Dublin?

• Advertisement

md323 wrote: »
    Snn to boston, due to take off at 12noon.
    On flightradar it says it took off at 11.03am...currently descending into Dublin?

That was EI-CJX you saw, positioned to Dublin as ABR752P. FR24 doesn't show that plane properly for some reason

EI-LBR positioned in the opposite direction as ABR753P to join EI-LBT at Shannon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement