Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

smurfjed wrote: »
    Did any of you get to track the drone that flew the atlantic today? 1st time that a drone was allowed to join with commercial traffic.

I didn't hear anything about it. You got a link to info on it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Drone N190TC showing up on FR24 south of Wexford. 27000ft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

They’ve been flying them Trans Atlantic above controlled airspace for years. We’ll often get a courtesy satphone call from someone in a hut in Arizona or somewhere just letting us know they’re there, they file flightplans and all. I gather this is noteworthy in that the drone will be at the same cruising levels as airliners.

• Advertisement

HTCOne wrote: »
    They’ve been flying them Trans Atlantic above controlled airspace for years. We’ll often get a courtesy satphone call from someone in a hut in Arizona or somewhere just letting us know they’re there, they file flightplans and all. I gather this is noteworthy in that the drone will be at the same cruising levels as airliners.

Interesting. I thought they were transported in C-17s etc and put together over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Interesting. I thought they were transported in C-17s etc and put together over there.

Most probably are. I think it’s the Global Hawk they ferry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

777 doing 650 knots at FL330 west of Ireland at the moment, way faster than all the others.

455573.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

UKL5076 is currently northbound along the east coast heading from Vigo to Prestwick. I can still just about hear it in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭xper

Trebor176 wrote: »
    UKL5076 is currently northbound along the easy coast heading from Vigo to Prestwick. I can still just about hear it in Clondalkin.
    Heard something propeller powered and what seemed to be low flying so clicked on to flightradar to find this yoke lumbering along at 26,000ft! Antanovs are loud.

Couldn't help noticing this particular aircraft revels in the registration UR-CNT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Heard it too here over north Dublin. Surprised an aircraft with that reg isn't overflying Trump.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Some noise off it

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Recliner

Any idea what this is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Similar to ones over dublin last week, my guess would be its a survey plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Recliner wrote: »
    Any idea what this is doing?

Its in the screenshot, look at the operator:
    http://bioflight.dk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,251 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Surprised an aircraft with that reg isn't overflying Trump.... :D

Unfortunately it left Prestwick this morning before Trump lands at Prestwick this evening

RYR7312 DUB to Zadar is squawking the 7's over west Germany and is descending

RYR7312 DUB to Zadar is squawking the 7's over west Germany and is descending

Reports indicate cabin pressure issue

http://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0714/978602-ryanair/

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Aer lingus on a missed approach in knock...holding now...reason unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

CVK7198 (AN-12, UR-CBG) is due into Belfast International Airport from Leipzig in the next while. It is currently over The Isle Of Man.

• Advertisement

Lockheed L382G Hercules [P4-LAE] after flying over here in Limerick on its way into Shannon. Operated by Lynden Air Cargo and coming from Athens. Fierce loud yoke altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

EXS051B,this plane left Bournemouth at 6:41 pm and has done a strange flight,off the West coast and back over Knock and is now nearing Liverpool,is it testing or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

ethical wrote: »
    EXS051B,this plane left Bournemouth at 6:41 pm and has done a strange flight,off the West coast and back over Knock and is now nearing Liverpool,is it testing or what?

A test flight...another jet2 out off Manchester now on a test flight too heading west over Louth at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

EI-FYE Dub to Newburgh turned back over Connemara. Currently circling off Wicklow coast. Coincidentally a second Norwegian has just landed in Dub from SNN. Replacement aircraft perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

must be dizzy at this stage!!!,going around in a little circle for past few hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

ethical wrote: »
    must be dizzy at this stage!!!,going around in a little circle for past few hours!

It's been flying for 3 hours now, hard to imagine it would need to burn off much more fuel. Some other technical problem they are trying to resolve perhaps?

Bird strike on departure burning fuel down to MLW.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Bird strike on departure burning fuel down to MLW.
    Sorry if this is ignorant but imagine as they passed over country Galway a passengers had a serious stroke or heart attack ? Would the same sceanario ensue, a 3+ hour wait to burn fuel while the passenger dies? Or could they use SNN as an alternative with its longer runway ?
    Not being funny but should an aircraft be allowed to take off so heavy that it literally can’t land again for a number of hours ?!
    I know there’s been debate here about “small haul” craft doing very long trips but this to me is pretty serious ? Can anyone enlighten me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Locker10a wrote: »
    Sorry if this is ignorant but imagine as they passed over country Galway a passengers had a serious stroke or heart attack ? Would the same sceanario ensue, a 3+ hour wait to burn fuel while the passenger dies? Or could they use SNN as an alternative with its longer runway ?
    Not being funny but should an aircraft be allowed to take off so heavy that it literally can’t land again for a number of hours ?!
    I know there’s been debate here about “small haul” craft doing very long trips but this to me is pretty serious ? Can anyone enlighten me?

In a life or death situation over Galway, the pilots would absolutely decide to land immediately at SNN (where the runway is longer than Dublin anyway). Being overweight is a riskier landing for the airframe and the passengers. An engine failure is not life or death, so the pilots would take the time to ensure the safest possible landing within their calculated limits. No need to take unnecessary risks in this scenario so it seems.

Looks like they've just departed the hold and are heading for the approach now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

A slightly different question.

The fact that the turnaround didn't happen til overhead Connemara suggests that maybe they were not aware of a bird strike until ATC maybe informed them of a carcass found on the runway after their departure.

Is it likely that, if they actually had an engine out, would they circle for 2 hours plus off the Wicklow Coast?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement