Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭roadmaster

N752TX currently blocking the runway at Cork with a burst nose tyre. All fights diverting to Shannon at the moment.

There's a private jet circling off waterford is he taking his chances and waiting to land in cork rather than divert to Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BZ

N752TX currently blocking the runway at Cork with a burst nose tyre. All fights diverting to Shannon at the moment.

Picture from the Irish examiner it looks like a nose gear collapse. Also says the aircraft will have to be lifted off the runway by crane.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/flightes-delayed-at-cork-airport-after-private-jet-suffers-burst-wheel-856928.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

roadmaster wrote: »
    There's a private jet circling off waterford is he taking his chances and waiting to land in cork rather than divert to Shannon

They have an ETA of around 1730Z (18:30 local) for reopening, but I think that bombardier may chance RWY25 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

A plane just flew over the house, from Maastricht inbound for Cork, because of the heavy atmosphere it was spectacularly loud, so I went on to Flightradar to see what it was. It was only a Bombardier Challenger 850 not an AN-225 like it sounded. But the thing I'm curious about is that the map shows that it did four big loops off the Cork/Waterford coast before coming in. Does this mean they had to wait for landing permission or were the just being indecisive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

DOH!
    I've just read the posts above, now I have a better idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭IQO

EI104 JFK-DUB with an unusual departure routing from New York today.

https://twitter.com/AirlineFlyer/status/1021168481910382593

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

were the just being indecisive?
    [size][font]

Indecisive about what?[/font][/size]
      [*]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

IQO wrote: »
      EI104 JFK-DUB with an unusual departure routing from New York today.

https://twitter.com/AirlineFlyer/status/1021168481910382593?s=19

Jesus that controller goes from nothing to raging in seconds. Fair play to pilots for saying no to something they weren't happy with.

The audio quality of the EI transmissions are terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1r3XZQc4Zo

A bit of a mess.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iancm25

Noxegon wrote: »
      Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1r3XZQc4Zo

A bit of a mess.

Anyone here with some inside knowledge know what happens next in terms of process between EI & ATC?

Clearly safety is everyone's priority and there's no point playing the blame game but it sounds like there was a better way to handle all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Fair fux to the Shamrock there. The ATC was an asshole. The pilot has the last say when it comes to the safety of the aircraft and if he sees weather then he avoids. A pilot does NOT have to follow an ATC instruction if he believes it puts him in danger. I hope the controller gets a rollicking for his behaviour.

hope the controller gets a rollicking for his behaviour.

Doubt it. Bosses will play back his screen and it’ll show what he saw and he will say “see, I don’t understand why he wouldn’t take the turn”.

Plenty of clips showing the generally unprofessional attitude of JFK controllers towards perceived “slow” pilots in the New York area, so I doubt they’ll say anything about his dressing down of the pilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Comhra wrote: »

On this, anyone else find PPRuNe completely unsusable today?

Working fine for me - no issues.

Comhra wrote: »
      Working fine for me - no issues.

Ah okay, format for me is completely wrong and pages take in excess of 1 minute to load. They've the same DDOS protection active that boards had during their troubles.

They've the same DDOS protection active that boards had during their troubles.
      I got the DDOS warning this evening on PPRuNe too, but it only lasted about 2 seconds and loaded normally.

As far as i understand it, there is one exit point, GREKI that is shared by [font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]EWR, LGA, JFK, HPN, TEB and MMU[/font], once the EI stated that he couldn't turn towards that point, he missed his "gap", so he get held until there was another "gap" that he could cross GREKI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Looking at the flightpath of air corps 276 along the north east of the country someone is out doing there driving test!

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

DC3 over Navan .. nice sound

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hansanter

276... I was following it earlier on FR24, it left BAL for the Phoenix Park, presumably to pick up pax at the Army Grounds. Then headed east until clear of Howth Head to the left then turned north. Looked like it was doing a tour/recce of the eastern half of the border. Then back to the park to return pax and back to BAL for tea and medals.
      H./

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Jet2 on a missed approach at Belfast now...thunderstorm at the airport

eastmayo wrote: »
      Jet2 on a missed approach at Belfast now...thunderstorm at the airport

A ryanair diverted to Dublin earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

JCX BXC wrote: »
      A ryanair diverted to Dublin earlier.

Looks to be heading back to Belfast now as RYR78

Looks to be heading back to Belfast now as RYR78

Meanwhile LS362 (EXS362) PMI-BFS is diverting to Dublin.

At 14:20 aldergrove is reporting heavy rain with 600m vis. Should be some high totals there by this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

..and the Jet2 diverting to Dublin while another Jet2 still heading for BFS with the Ryanair beside it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Very low very fast jet went over the house about 5 mins ago following the path of the shannon estuary heading in the direction of Limerick

can't see what it was on flight radar as only thought to check it now.. any way to go back and look what was there at an earlier time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Very low very fast jet went over the house about 5 mins ago following the path of the shannon estuary heading in the direction of Limerick

can't see what it was on flight radar as only thought to check it now.. any way to go back and look what was there at an earlier time?
      Well the Viggen and the Fougas were the only jets at Foynes so it was more than likely one of those. The Viggen was the first act and it finished its display about 2 and a half hours ago and the Fougas were last and finished an hour ago. Would you be able to distinguish them by the sound?

I realise i didn't answer your question. Yes there is a play back option

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Don’t know if playback is only available with a paid account, but good chance they weren’t on FR if they’re that low.

There were also 2 strikemasters at the display which left Shannon not long ago, I’d say it was them.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement