Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Don’t know if playback is only available with a paid account, but good chance they weren’t on FR if they’re that low.

There were also 2 strikemasters at the display which left Shannon not long ago, I’d say it was them.

Oh yeah forgot about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Well the Viggen and the Fougas were the only jets at Foynes so it was more than likely one of those. The Viggen was the first act and it finished its display about 2 and a half hours ago and the Fougas were last and finished an hour ago. Would you be able to distinguish them by the sound?

I realise i didn't answer your question. Yes there is a play back option
    I've listened to a few flyby videos on youtube and this was more cotton tearing sounding than both but tbh I was so busy jumping up trying to get a look out the window I could have missed the proper sound
    faoiarvok wrote: »
    Don’t know if playback is only available with a paid account, but good chance they weren’t on FR if they’re that low.

There were also 2 strikemasters at the display which left Shannon not long ago, I’d say it was them.
    I found the playback option but couldn't see anything for around that time. I didn't see if it was more than one, so it could have been that, the sound was unreal. Lasted probably 6 or 7 seconds from first hearing to not hearing in the distance at all such was the speed / low altitude :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Something VERY loud just flew over my house in D8..... FR24 shows only a 787 having just taken off from Dublin Airport flying over the Phoenix Park, but I think I'd have seen that, and planes on that route aren't usually that loud .....anyone know was that it, or was it something airshow related?

I couldn't get out in time to see the whole sky as it flew over.

ETA - ah bollix, a tweet I've just seen leads me to believe I just missed the Red Arrows flying over :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Something VERY loud just flew over my house in D8..... FR24 shows only a 787 having just taken off from Dublin Airport flying over the Phoenix Park, but I think I'd have seen that, and planes on that route aren't usually that loud .....anyone know was that it, or was it something airshow related?

I couldn't get out in time to see the whole sky as it flew over.

ETA - ah bollix, a tweet I've just seen leads me to believe I just missed the Red Arrows flying over :mad:

Was it the red arrows?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The Red Arrows have just flown up the Liffey and landed at Baldonnel in the past few minutes. There were 11 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

An AN-12 is due into Shannon in the next while from Luxembourg. It just flew over Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Trebor176 wrote: »
    An AN-12 is due into Shannon in the next while from Luxembourg. It just flew over Clondalkin.

Heard that distinctive droning engine sounds earlier overhead near Liffey Valley, thought it was lower than the 21000 ft on flightradar when I checked. Must be a noisy, smoky beast up close...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

I checked a flight departure time on DAA website and it showed a one minute difference to scheduled time. However, when I tracked the flight on FR it showed a 20 minute delay in departure time.
    Which one is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

chinwag wrote: »
    I checked a flight departure time on DAA website and it showed a one minute difference to scheduled time. However, when I tracked the flight on FR it showed a 20 minute delay in departure time.
    Which one is correct?

DAA would show the push time when aircraft departed from the gate. FR would show the airborne time when the aircraft took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭VG31

chinwag wrote: »
    Which one is correct?

FR uses takeoff and landing times rather than actual departure and arrival times, which are pushback and doors open on stand respectively. The time on the airport's website is the correct time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Flight radar Twitter feed is referring to probable incident with an AeroMexico Embrear E190 on a flight from Durango to Mexico City.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1024410645872173058?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Anybody have any info regarding the Titan 767 that left Dublin for Lagos at 3am this morning??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

DOJ deportation flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

DOJ deportation flight?

Possibly, it flew from Lagos to Accra in Ghana. Currency en-route back to the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

AN124 UR-82073 about to depart Bangor for SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I have seen the Malaysian A380's over the last week operating Hajj Flights, is this all that they are used for these days or are they still doing normal scheduled services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

smurfjed wrote: »
    I have seen the Malaysian A380's over the last week operating Hajj Flights, is this all that they are used for these days or are they still doing normal scheduled services?

I think they still do the Heathrow flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭john boye

ozzy jr wrote: »

They still appear infrequently on the Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney routes too but I'm not sure for how much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Just landed in Heathrow and passed one parked up here.

• Advertisement

The Hi fly A380 is currently coming down the SE coast of England on its way to LGW to operate for Norwegian. Will be with them for the next 3 weeks apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

john boye wrote: »
    The Hi fly A380 is currently coming down the SE coast of England on its way to LGW to operate for Norwegian. Will be with them for the next 3 weeks apparently.

It's westbound now as NRS7015 - just leaving the Devon coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I thought that the Hi Fly A380 was a typo and googled it.... WOW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A lot of aircraft for an airline like Norwegian, what's the logic I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Interesting article about it here:

https://airlinegeeks.com/2018/08/03/norwegian-turns-to-hi-flys-a380-to-meet-demands-on-top-route/

.......Norwegian confirmed that despite the substantial upgrade to its premium cabin, premium passengers will not have to pay more. However, selecting a first class suite won’t be possible, as passengers will be randomly selected to sit in the ultra-luxurious suites. In addition, while the seat itself may be luxurious, passengers shouldn’t expect more than Norwegian’s standard premium product, as AirlineGeeks experienced in January on the same flight that is now being operated by the A380.

The airline said in a statement: “Norwegian has contracted a Hi-Fly A380 aircraft to operate our evening London-New York and overnight New York-London services for several weeks in August as continued issues with a specific Rolls Royce engine type affecting our 787 Dreamliner fleet has reduced our aircraft availability. This is in line with other airlines that have been affected by similar problems. We are pleased to be able to offer this solution to our customers to ensure that their journeys remain unaffected, and the A380 superjumbo offers a high-quality experience between London and New York courtesy of Norwegian.”

It’s unknown whether or not the low-cost airline specifically chose the A380 to shake off its reputation for using older wet-leased aircraft. However, an airline spokesperson told AirlineGeeks that it doesn’t consider the aircraft to be an upgrade to previous wet-leases, it is just what is available to the airline at present and suitable for the route.

Additional concerns about the aircraft on the route have been brought up by curious onlookers, paramount being the use of the A380 at JFK’s tight Terminal 1. The terminal, owned by a consortium of airlines including Air France, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa and Korean Air, is already close to capacity with numerous airlines already operating Airbus A380s.

With the constraints on the terminal and the needs of the A380, it’s unsure whether or not the aircraft will help the airline regain its reputation or if it will contribute to more delays. The airline couldn’t say what assurances, if any, the terminal has given them to mitigate delays with the aircraft, but with the tight alleyways and the congestion commonly seen at the all-international terminal dominated by widebodies ranging from A330s to A380s and nearly everything in between, it’s a legitimate concern.

Case in point, the first flight with the aircraft is scheduled for Friday night and has already been delayed for 4 hours at the time of writing. The airline cited airport regulations at JFK as the reason for the delay and hasn’t speculated further. With Air France’s evening A380 service to Paris and Korean Air’s A380 service to Seoul operating in close time proximity to Norwegian’s planned service, it’s likely that 3 A380s are too much for the terminal to handle at once.

The aircraft will most likely be flying on the route until August 23, reports indicate, and will be the first scheduled A380 service between New York and London, one of the.....

JCX BXC wrote: »

I initially assumed it would be combining multiple departures into 1 but I'm not sure if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Privilege 767 heading south Portugal, Spain, canaries direction from Dub with an Aer Lingus call sign. Did a plane go tech somewhere today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

masit wrote: »
    Privilege 767 heading south Portugal, Spain, canaries direction from Dub with an Aer Lingus call sign. Did a plane go tech somewhere today?

Operated into Dublin for EI on Friday evening, overnighted and positioned back to MAD (hence EI99* callsign).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

UA127 to Washington is currently circling out over the Atlantic, beyond the Donegal coast. Could be returning to Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

UA127 to Washington is currently circling out over the Atlantic, beyond the Donegal coast. Could be returning to Dublin?

Oh No ........ The Bf is on it and I was looking forward to a few days peace and quiet blah

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement