Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

a very interesting return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Arciphel wrote: »
    I presume if it was an urgent emergency they would have landed at the closest suitable airport so flying three hours back to Dublin is hopefully just to minimise passenger inconvenience?
    and the airlines. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Arciphel wrote: »
    I presume if it was an urgent emergency they would have landed at the closest suitable airport so flying three hours back to Dublin is hopefully just to minimise passenger inconvenience?

Considering it just flew back three hours over water, this is likely to be to suit airline operations rather than passengers. Probably could’ve gone on to LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Landed ok it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Also Ei109 to jfk left 5 hours late. Bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

All that EU261 compensation. :eek:

Mebuntu wrote: »

That information appears to have been gleaned from reading online forums and Facebook pages as I have seen somewhat similar wording on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Mebuntu wrote: »
    The Omni 772's last showing on Fr24 is the flight back to Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport, TX yesterday following its stand-in for Aer Lingus yesterday. It operated EI123 DUB-Chicago but for some reason the return EI122 was cancelled.

Might be worth keeping an eye out later on Fr24 to see if it's on its way to LAX for the return LAX-DUB. Reg is N828AX
    Well, now, it is en route from Killeen to Shannon ETA 12.19. Flight No. OAE543. NOTE: NOT on EI Duty - see Aer Lingus Fleet Discussion thread

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

VS34 ANU-LGW landing at Shannon now on diversion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Dublin Toronto seems to be diverting back to dublin...Air Canada Ac 843

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

NASA DC8 just departed Palmdale for Kailua-Kona. Reg N817NA

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭john boye

chinwag wrote: »

That sounds like it could have gotten quite serious. Presumably coming from a bottle in someone's carry-on in the overhead bins?

john boye wrote: »
    That sounds like it could have gotten quite serious. Presumably coming from a bottle in someone's carry-on in the overhead bins?

I’ve had that happen before on a flight I was on, no obvious source, flight continued on as it was only a 40 minute flight. CC’s kept checking during the flight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

john boye wrote: »

I’ve had that happen before on a flight I was on, no obvious source, flight continued on as it was only a 40 minute flight. CC’s kept checking during the flight.

I’d have thought the wiring in those panels would be insulated for this very thing, pax drinks/duty free leaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

07/25

For any Cork plane viewers out there, How much is 07/25 used for take Off/Landings?

I happened to be by the Airport a few days ago and a Regional Aer Lingus came in over Douglas and landed on Runway 07/25. Winds weren't even that bad, just about on the limit. I've never seen that runway used before.

https://imgur.com/a/8kRmMLZ

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

flexcon wrote: »
    07/25

For any Cork plane viewers out there, How much is 07/25 used for take Off/Landings?

I happened to be by the Airport a few days ago and a Regional Aer Lingus came in over Douglas and landed on Runway 07/25. Winds weren't even that bad, just about on the limit. I've never seen that runway used before.

https://imgur.com/a/8kRmMLZ

RWY25 used quite often, if you look through some of the thread you'll probably see us reference it. Only used for Stobarts and other small aircraft, it is too short for jet aircraft. It's also not suitable for low visibility conditions.

RWY07 is used very infrequently, I think I've only ever seen it once. There's no approach lights to the runway and conditions making it favourable are rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Teebor15

JCX BXC wrote: »
    RWY25 used quite often, if you look through some of the thread you'll probably see us reference it. Only used for Stobarts and other small aircraft, it is too short for jet aircraft. It's also not suitable for low visibility conditions.

RWY07 is used very infrequently, I think I've only ever seen it once. There's no approach lights to the runway and conditions making it favourable are rare.

Watched an Aer Lingus B735 depart from runway 25 about 20 years ago...interesting sight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

JCX BXC wrote: »

I've landed on a Stobart flight on 25 before, and I think on a Air Southwest Dash some years ago - quite an interesting experience when you're used to the 'main' runway, looking out the window expecting to see Spur Hill and instead seeing Mahon Point shopping centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Aircraft Carrying Rapper Post Malone Blows out Two Tires Upon Takeoff, Will Attempt Emergency Landing

tI13vlI.jpg

A private aircraft blew out two of its tires upon takeoff from New Jersey’s Teterboro Airport (TEB).

Officials say that the plane was diverted to Massachusetts and will attempt to make an emergency landing at Westfield Barnes Regional Airport (BAF).

The Gulfstream Aerospace GLF-4 aircraft was carrying 16 people, including famous rapper Post Malone according to Pitchfork, when it took off for London Luton (LTN), at 10:50am ET on Tuesday. The pilot noticed during takeoff that the front tires of the landing gear blew out and requested an emergency landing at Teterboro.

The plane, however, was rerouted to Westfield Barnes (BAF) and was circling to burn off fuel in order to make a safer landing, as shown on the FlightRadar24 flight path, which you can use to track the plane here. TMZ reports that the plane had 3,700 gallons of fuel to burn.

The plane is currently still circling at 6,875 ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Think it's due to land in Stewart in 20 mins but not visible on Flightradar anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Think it's due to land in Stewart in 20 mins but not visible on Flightradar anymore

Landed safely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Not sure if we will show up, but I will have the pleasure of departing Luton today around 12 noon heading to the southeast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭travist

Any idea where N757HWB is going to from Dublin today?
    Seems to be 35 years old and has a strange propeller at front.

travist wrote: »
    Any idea where N757HWB is going to from Dublin today?
    Seems to be 35 years old and has a strange propeller at front.

Brno. It’s N757HW Honeywell’s 757 testbed. It’ll be back tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭travist

Brno. It’s N757HW Honeywell’s 757 testbed. It’ll be back tomorrow as well.
    Thanks. Interesting. What do they use it for? Why the propeller engine is on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Thanks. Interesting. What do they use it for? Why the propeller engine is on it?

I'd presume its a test engine

• Advertisement

It doesn’t have a prop engine on it. The aircraft is used as an engine test bed. The aircraft is currently being used to test inflight WiFi and it flies over large cities to see what interference the aircraft is getting while flying over them from all the signals below. They then apply that to their WiFi equipment to improve speeds and stability and then sell that tech to the airlines. The aircraft has also been trialling automated approach sequencing with other aircraft to see if more efficient approaches can be flown by computers versus humans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement