Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Quick google yields a LIDAR equipped survey aircraft.

This was it parked at Weston yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jasT1981

First visit to Dublin? lol

http://www.flightradar24.com/U/9171df9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

jasT1981 wrote: »
    First visit to Dublin? lol

http://www.flightradar24.com/U/9171df9

It has just had a ID change. Was a Ground Vehicle, now it has turned into a B737-400.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Foggy43 wrote: »
    It has just had a ID change. Was a Ground Vehicle, now it has turned into a B737-400.
    Might be a Transformer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This thing was squawking 7700 a few minutes ago and descending very fast. It's stuck (no alt or speed updates) on FR24. It seemed to level off a bit after my screenshot. But the flight level figures were all over the place. Probably a FR24 error.

DBB10FA2-6AD3-4CEE-848E-07AC9836D5D9.png

http://fr24.com/918457e

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Not on FR24 but a USAF Sentry should coast-in over Balbriggan around 13:25 westbound as SHUCK 82.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Cobham doing the rounds for 34 approach or something in that region at the moment.

Or 6 nm eastern radial???

?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

tricky D wrote: »
    Cobham doing the rounds for 34 approach or something in that region at the moment.

Or 6 nm eastern radial???

?

Pretty sure it's a calibration of radar or similar, might even be checking VOR's or DME's, it will be something along those lines, and less disruptive to airline schedules if they do it at this time of the day.

From the CAA web site at https://www.caa.co.uk/Data-and-analysis/Approved-persons-and-organisations/Datasets/Lists-of-approved-persons-and-organisations/Approved-flight-inspection-organisations/
    Cobham Flight Inspection Ltd are approved to flight inspect the following Navigation facilities:
    • Instrument Landing Systems (ILS) CAT I, CAT II and CAT III
    • Microwave Landing Systems (MLS)
    • Distance Measuring Equipment (DME)
    • VHF Marker Beacons
    • VHF Omnidirectional Radio Range (VOR)
    • Non-Directional Beacons

They will be operating on some sort of contract to the IAA if they are operating here, most of the navaids have to be checked on a regular schedule, the DA42 is a regular visitor to Dublin and Shannon, and I suspect Cork also.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

G-VIIO B777 of BA, approaching the Mayo coast now enroute from Victorville to Cardiff... This is the 777 that attempted to barbeque itself on the runway in Las Vegas a few months back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

G-VIIO B777 of BA, approaching the Mayo coast now enroute from Victorville to Cardiff... This is the 777 that attempted to barbeque itself on the runway in Las Vegas a few months back...

Yep heading to Cardiff for a C check before it enters back into service with BA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

I assumed that that was going to be broken up in Victorville. :confused:

I assumed that that was going to be broken up in Victorville. :confused:

No, it was repaired in Vegas by Boeing engineers and flew to Victorville to be repainted.

Fr5771 Glasgow to dub squawking 7700 after taking off from Glasgow. Descending and looks like it's returning to Glasgow.

This was it parked at Weston yesterday.

You might want to resize your photo, it doing something weird to the topic when replying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

January wrote: »
    Fr5771 Glasgow to dub squawking 7700 after taking off from Glasgow. Descending and looks like it's returning to Glasgow.

Looks like he's down now in GLA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Looks like he's down now in GLA

Medical emergency ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    You might want to resize your photo, it doing something weird to the topic when replying. :)

Oops, sorry, I posted it on my phone so it comes up fine there.

Oops, sorry, I posted it on my phone so it comes up fine there.

You might want to also resize the Dolly Grove screen grab photo you posted this morning http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99093110&postcount=14 its massive :eek: :)

I notice that the Photography forum ask people when posting photos not to make the longer than 800 on any side which seem to work very well for the Boards set up. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057503240

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

EI486 DUB - LIS returning now just short of Wexford. EI-CPE, one of the aul A321s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

THY33 B777-300 TC-JJL about 20 miles out from Dublin, descending to 3,000ft for runway 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

I might be wrong but is TK33 making an unscheduled stop in Dublin? No 7700 - but currently at 4000ft over Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Medical diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Fire service in attendance

Ugh, another overhaul of FR24's UI. Why.

Slow as molasses when I click on an aircraft. Used to snap-in the side panel immediately.

And the floating aircraft labels aren't showing.

BEE801P DH8D G-JECK passed east of Belfast 17:30 heading NE out of Dublin. Odd.

Looks like it operated BEE7YA from Edinburgh to Dublin earlier this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

BA2153 (777-200) Gatwick-Bridgetown diverted to SNN earlier at 16:20.

RAF KC 2 TARTN42 on station over the North Sea for over 90mins. I wonder are the Russians out and about? iHAmKe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

RAF KC 2 TARTN42 on station over the North Sea for over 90mins. I wonder are the Russians out and about? iHAmKe.png

There's a large training area there so more than likely that.

There's a large training area there so more than likely that.

Typical military life, 98% training and preperation, 2% of complete bedlam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Typical military life, 98% training and preperation, 2% of complete bedlam.

Be glad of it too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement