Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

RubyK wrote: »
    Sat in Rhodes airport waiting on a TUI flight to Dublin. Should be landing at 17.25 hrs. Is it calming down yet?

Not yet. Some aircraft still struggling to get in. Lots circling over the Irish sea.
    It should calm down by then but you'd assume delays will be there for the day with aircraft out of position and behind time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Heard someone asking for runway 13/31 in Shannon earlier

Now that would have been an interesting landing!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

WOW! Airlines A320 straight in on the first attempt. Business as usual for the Icelandics :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

FR8995 from Munich to Dublin https://fr24.com/RYR49RK/1deaec9d

Going around

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

NCGx3bH.png

Cityjet WX113 giving up after two attempts and making its way back to the UK now.

The Aer Lingus A320's seem to fare better now than the Ryanair attempts. [edit: too quick here, EI155 also going around now].

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

And Liverpool has closed-up shop with Scottish airports the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Dub ground having the craic there "That's way above my pay grade"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

Max gust at 33kts just reported there, a decent drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Big issue now seems to be turning the planes around. Dublin tower mentioning very few departures, cant open cargo doors etc, backlog of anything landing waiting for a stand

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

United 126 gone around because Shamrock 147 abandoned its take off. Could not hear the reason why it stoped its takeoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

no.8 wrote: »
    WOW! Airlines A320 straight in on the first attempt. Business as usual for the Icelandics :)

Maybe not so much business as usual. Icelandair 757 TF-FIT has gone around on its first attempt. It has a lot to do with wind shear, if you get that warning, you have to go-around!

Well done to all crews operating today, it's not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Anyone hear the reason for the EI147s rejected takeoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Anyone hear where ICE416 is going? Still climbing overhead Fishguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

The Qatar 787 from Doha currently FL32 over Leeds after one missed approach to Dublin - where is it heading now?

Hmm, currently descending over the Lake District. Wrong approach for MAN, maybe heading to Glasgow? Seems to be holding - maybe for MAN, it looks like it was heading there after diverting.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

b318isp wrote: »
    Hmm, currently descending over the Lake District. Wrong approach for MAN, maybe heading to Glasgow? Seems to be holding - maybe for MAN, it looks like it was heading there after diverting.

Headed towards MAN now

ICE416 now descending over Dover! Maybe headed for Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Headed towards MAN now

Yep - Manchester must be bursting at the seams today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

AFR1716 seems to be heading towards Cork Airport after looping around Dublin.

Has me wondering though why more flights weren't diverted to Cork since it wasn't affected too badly from the winds and flights are on time etc? Just want to expand my knowledge on this stuff :)

Mebuntu wrote: »
    ICE416 now descending over Dover! Maybe headed for Brussels.
    Now landing in Ostend. That must be the strangest DUB diversion I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Duff

Anywhere to listen to ATC online?

Duff wrote: »

liveatc.net is what I use :) Listening to that paris-dub diversion to ork atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Duff wrote: »

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Has me wondering though why more flights weren't diverted to Cork since it wasn't affected too badly from the winds and flights are on time etc? Just want to expand my knowledge on this stuff :)

And fair play to him for cutting down on airport congestion by landing at CIT

marno21 wrote: »
    And fair play to him for cutting down on airport congestion by landing at CIT

Saw that too haha,

That STK8BH flight that just took off is the first time I have seen a plane use that runway from Cork Airport. Its most likely used a bit but i've not seen it before :)

Turkish A330 now on approach:

https://www.flightradar24.com/THY7BR/1deb174d

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

b318isp wrote: »

Ahh, that explains the delay on the outbound, this morning's flight was cancelled, and there would have been no empty 330 Turkish bins in Dublin, so the outbound bags for both flights would have had to wait for the bins to be offloaded, and extra cleaning and catering etc. Friend of mine was on it, and wondering why there was a delay, now we know why.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Re Cork I heard an EI pilot during a previous storm, in discussion with ops, reject it as an option as he felt he could find himself “down in a corner“ if it didn’t work out. Going to Uk leaves more options open. Ops preference was to have diverted pax “on the island”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I remember that exact conversation on ATC and it stuck with me.

TBH I'd rather divert to the UK.... at least they have to fly you home then, unlike chucking you out of Shannon or Belfast, waiting ages for a bus then waiting ages for said bus to get you to Dublin. Usually with a UK diversion they like to get you back in Ireland (Dublin) ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement