Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I remember that exact conversation on ATC and it stuck with me.

TBH I'd rather divert to the UK.... at least they have to fly you home then, unlike chucking you out of Shannon or Belfast, waiting ages for a bus then waiting ages for said bus to get you to Dublin. Usually with a UK diversion they like to get you back in Ireland (Dublin) ASAP.

What happens when crews go out of hours? Then you're stuck on a different island with a foreign currency. Not so fun then!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

JCX BXC wrote: »
    What happens when crews go out of hours? Then you're stuck on a different island with a foreign currency. Not so fun then!
    Not to mention that not all passengers may be allowed to enter the UK, non-EU citizens may need a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭roadmaster

There is currently a air corps 139 coming back from aldergrove airport under AW279, when ever they where across the border they use to go under IRL279
    for example but i have noticed lately when ever they are cross border they dont use the IRL prefix any more. Is that just Flightradar not updating when they go north?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

roadmaster wrote: »
    There is currently a air corps 139 coming back from aldergrove airport under AW279, when ever they where across the border they use to go under IRL279
    for example but i have noticed lately when ever they are cross border they dont use the IRL prefix any more. Is that just Flightradar not updating when they go north?

Ahhh - is that why you'd sometimes hear the callsign 'Irish' on ATC?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

robbie1876 wrote: »
    Ahhh - is that why you'd sometimes hear the callsign 'Irish' on ATC?

Generally used when the flight takes them outside of Irish airspace yeah.

The transponder’s Aircraft ID needn’t necessarily match the callsign being used. Could be that either they were using Alpha Whiskey as their callsign, or using Irish without changing the Aircraft ID to IRL279

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

UR-CAK,AN-12 turning finals at Shannon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

UR-CAK,AN-12 turning finals at Shannon now.

It's on the way to Luxembourg from Halifax by the looks of it. No sign of it going to Shannon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

That's in and out a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Seems to be a lot of antonovs landing at shannon and dublin recently ,great to hear the engine noise in the backround when their talking to atc :D

Snowc wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of antonovs landing at shannon and dublin recently ,great to hear the engine noise in the backround when their talking to atc :D

They don't land in Dublin, or if so, very rarely. I can only recall two times in the last two or three years (approximately) when they landed in Dublin. One was an An-12, and the other was Cavok Air's AN-74, which, from memory, was carrying horses.

• Advertisement

Trebor176 wrote: »
    They don't land in Dublin, or if so, very rarely. I can only recall two times in the last two or three years (approximately) when they landed in Dublin. One was an An-12, and the other was Cavok Air's AN-74, which, from memory, was carrying horses.

Theres was three antonovs 12 in dublin in the last two week pic of one

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

What is being transported aboard these Antonovs, is it just general freight? It seems surprising that a 1964 Antonov would match a modern freighter in operational cost terms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

How do you listen to them talking?

Theres was three antonovs 12 in dublin in the last two week pic of one

Wow, I had absolutely no idea. I didn't hear a thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

bilbot79 wrote: »

LiveATC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭davetherave

bilbot79 wrote: »

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

Another antonov inbound to Shannon sould be landing around 2130 here is a good atc stream to hear it https://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?icao=einn&mount=einn2

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Another antonov inbound to Shannon sould be landing around 2130 here is a good atc stream to hear it https://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?icao=einn&mount=einn2

Where's it coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

CVK7179 from Maastricht to Shannon https://fr24.com/CVK7179/1dfb3cf6 looks like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    CVK7179 from Maastricht to Shannon https://fr24.com/CVK7179/1dfb3cf6 looks like this

Just heard this passing overhead near Maynooth. There have been a few pass by recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Heard the Antonov crossing Dublin the other evening while out playing tennis - completely unmistakeable sound.

Does the big one ever appear here? I remember the fuss over it being in Shannon (I think) a few years ago, would absolutely love to see it for real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Heard the Antonov crossing Dublin the other evening while out playing tennis - completely unmistakeable sound.

Does the big one ever appear here? I remember the fuss over it being in Shannon (I think) a few years ago, would absolutely love to see it for real!

The AN225 is rarely out. I saw it take off when it was here a few years ago and its an experience to saw the least :eek:
    The AN124s are regular enough visitors to Shannon. Mad to see them parked on the cargo ramp with their huge size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

That's in and out a fair bit.

Anybody know what they are transporting?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

AA203 AMS-PHL currently on approach to Shannon. Appears to have been at 10,000ft coming in from the Atlantic

Antonov 124 landing at shannon tonight around 2300

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Antonov 124 landing at shannon tonight around 2300

A second in tomorrow morning also around 5am.

BZ wrote: »
    A second in tomorrow morning also around 5am.

Could you post if you know of any more arriving if you can :D would love to see the antonov 12 or 26 but have long drive from Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mech1 wrote: »

Thats the one looks like it might be a bit late arriving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sitting in a bus coming into Shannon airport, AN124 flies overhead and scares the bejaysus out of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement