Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Sitting in a bus coming into Shannon airport, AN124 flies overhead and scares the bejaysus out of me.

RA82045 off to Moscow DME

747 just departed of Kalitta Air for good measure

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did an AN12 leave SNN, VIZ301 no info on Flightradar

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Antonov 12 passing over Dublin soon inbound shannon should be a nice sound on this clear night

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

vicwatson wrote: »
    Did an AN12 leave SNN, VIZ301 no info on Flightradar

Yes aerovis airlines ur-cpz

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Dl45 dublin to new York is holding after departure from dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

eastmayo wrote: »
    Dl45 dublin to new York is holding after departure from dublin.

Looks like it's descending back into Dublin Airport. There is obviously an issue. A birdstrike, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭phonypony

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Looks like it's descending back into Dublin Airport. There is obviously an issue. A birdstrike, perhaps?

Gear issue, had vibrations after departure

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

P4-MES of Roman Abromovich just after departing Dublin

Hopefully he doesn't encounter any Hazards on his departure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

VP-BVV,Gainjet 737(BBJ) currently in the circuit at Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭CPTM

marno21 wrote: »
    P4-MES of Roman Abromovich just after departing Dublin

Hopefully he doesn't encounter any Hazards on his departure :)

Any idea why they diverted to Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Says radar issue... Unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

An AN-12 (CVK) is due into Shannon from Montreal later on. I wonder if it will have to divert to Dublin, if the fault isn't sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lanzarote flight seems to be still heading to Cork, even though its still down isn't it?

EDIT: Possibly not, STN took off from ORK too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Lanzarote flight seems to be still heading to Cork, even though its still down isn't it?

EDIT: Possibly not, STN took off from ORK too

It is back up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Shannon based rescue helicopter out on a job to what looks like a cruise ship called Marco Polo.South West coast.
    https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-10.4/centery:51.3/zoom:10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I was just out the back and heard what I can only guess was a fighter jet whistling overhead. I'm in Sandyford and it came from the Three rock direction and moved towards Bray very, very rapidly.
    It's not on FR24.
    It's possible that it took off in Casement or Dublin in a Westerly direction and then looped back to the South-East but as I could not see it I can't be sure.

Any clues? I'm guessing it wasn't the Irish AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

EI3808 Cork to Edinburgh has turned in the Irish sea and is heading to Dublin. Anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

FR24 replay function will show you traffic at that time, which included an EI A320 northeastbound for landing at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

The sweet sound of a Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner making it's way into Shannon against the breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭10-10-20

As mentioned, it wasn't on FR24 as I was able to check on that instant. There was no air-traffic within 7 to 10 miles of me at least.
    It also wasn't a commercial or passenger jet. It was small, fast and moved from the direction around the top of Three Rock to Bray in 10 seconds. A normal flight overhead at 2,000m alt would take ~45 seconds to perform the same.
    The engine note wasn't unlike a eurofighter in the below example, ie a pronounced high-pitched whistle, but there was a lot of noise damping as there was little lower frequency 'tearing' sound and the initial sound of the jet was 'compressed' and started very suddenly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_yvomTMn4

If nobody else heard it, fine, but I stand by my word on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

10-10-20 wrote: »
    As mentioned, it wasn't on FR24 as I was able to check on that instant. There was no air-traffic within 7 to 10 miles of me at least.
    It also wasn't a commercial or passenger jet. It was small, fast and moved from the direction around the top of Three Rock to Bray in 10 seconds. A normal flight overhead at 2,000m alt would take ~45 seconds to perform the same.
    The engine note wasn't unlike a eurofighter in the below example, ie a pronounced high-pitched whistle, but there was a lot of noise damping as there was little lower frequency 'tearing' sound and the initial sound of the jet was 'compressed' and started very suddenly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_yvomTMn4

If nobody else heard it, fine, but I stand by my word on this!

Did you see it or just hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Listen back on LiveATC and see if you can hear any communications from a plane in that area.

Anyone know what VOR05 G-GBAS, ESH - WAT, except they went northwest of WAT and are circling back around, it's a Diamond DA62, says it's belonging to Flight Calibration Services?

What is it calibrating? Doing a full circle now

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    What is it calibrating? Doing a full circle now
    At the centre of the circle lies the Clonmel NDB beacon so likely that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement