Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Flew towards SNN and looks to be heading DUB direction

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

I'm surprised you haven't been inundated with replies from the normal audience.

AFAIK, it was doing what it says on the (tin), aluminium (g)....calibrating the equipment at the various airports on behalf of the IIA.

There was a post last week when the a/c had a puncture on the apron at the entry to the active runway in Dublin. Caused a holdup.... there was even a photo on on the Spotters thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That was the same aircraft. Okay

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Wow, I had absolutely no idea. I didn't hear a thing!

another in tonight around 9

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TDM900

Anything interesting coming in to Shannon tonight?

• Advertisement

VP-BVV,Gainjet 737(BBJ) currently in the circuit at Shannon.
    Thanks.
    Might go as far as SNN tomorrow for a look.

An-12 due in DUB 22.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Antonov AN-12 south of the Isle of Man on the way into Dublin now. Built in 1964. UR-CGW. a real smoker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Antonov AN-12 south of the Isle of Man on the way into Dublin now. Built in 1964. UR-CGW. a real smoker :)
    Missed it! Any idea when it leaves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I heard a loud noise and checked FR24, then here :)

(and what a great noise it was!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

FI1515 TFS-KEF has turned over the Atlantic and appears to be Dublin bound

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

marno21 wrote:
    FI1515 TFS-KEF has turned over the Atlantic and appears to be Dublin bound

Diverting in with a medical emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

marno21 wrote: »
    At the centre of the circle lies the Clonmel NDB beacon so likely that.

This just flew past Clonmel.Heard it and went out for a look. Flying nice and low. Obviously couldn't see it, but was nice to know what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know what VOR05 G-GBAS, ESH - WAT, except they went northwest of WAT and are circling back around, it's a Diamond DA62, says it's belonging to Flight Calibration Services?

It was out here in north Kildare the other evening calibrating the Weston VOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭ratracer

Hoping for some pilot knowledge here: I'm due to fly out of Dublin at 07.20 tomorrow. At what weather stage/ alert are outbound flights affected?

I'll be turning up at the airport, and I presume the aircraft will be there from night before as it's an early flight out.

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ratracer wrote: »
    Hoping for some pilot knowledge here: I'm due to fly out of Dublin at 07.20 tomorrow. At what weather stage/ alert are outbound flights affected?

I'll be turning up at the airport, and I presume the aircraft will be there from night before as it's an early flight out.

TIA.

Based on the current TAF the wind is to be 190 degrees 20kts gusting 35kts. Could be out of limits for many aircraft on a wet runway, hard to know. Aircraft should be there but really you won't know until you take off!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Sigh, I've one out of Shannon at 7a.m. tomorrow :(
    Haven't checked the TAFs yet, kind of afraid to!

EI-GEV (STK301P) currently en route back to Dublin from Donegal for the night and most of tomorrow due to storm Callum on the way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

EI-GEV (STK301P) currently en route back to Dublin from Donegal for the night and most of tomorrow due to storm Callum on the way.

EI-FNA also positioning from Kerry as STK35P

Wind causing problems at Shannon already.RYR1349 currently in the hold. wind 130 degrees@26 knots gusting 36 knots.

• Advertisement

Wind causing problems at Shannon already.RYR1349 currently in the hold. wind 130 degrees@26 knots gusting 36 knots.

Looking at diverting to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Haven't the stats on Cork but it's fairly severe here. Wouldn't like to be landing or taking off ATM.
    Wind at 56km/h.

Water John wrote: »
    Haven't the stats on Cork but it's fairly severe here. Wouldn't like to be landing or taking off ATM.

It's a slight but stronger than Shannon, but close to runway heading, starkly contrasting to Shannon's severe crosswind. Cork should be fine.

Water John wrote: »

Nor would I, Midnight winds : 130 degrees @29 knots gusting 41 knots , 6km vis in moderate rain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

He did go towards Cork but no ground crew available so will most likely be going to Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Diverting again? Doing a turn and altitude raised just as it got near the city. (Granted the wind is bad here)

EDIT: No ground crew? There’s a planned flight in less then 50 minutes to arrive. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Diverting again? Doing a turn and altitude raised just as it got near the city. (Granted the wind is bad here)

EDIT: No ground crew? There’s a planned flight in less then 50 minutes to arrive. Interesting.

There's an EI due will be looked after by their own people. No Swissport on duty to look after the Ryanair more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Different handling companies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

EI flight from Malaga landed safely anyway, heard it flying overhead and was watching it on flight radar. Wouldn’t like to have been on that plane though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Doh, FR 102 out of Shannon delayed over 3 hours. Inbound must have diverted last night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement