Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Doh, FR 102 out of Shannon delayed over 3 hours. Inbound must have diverted last night

Delayed due to the STN crew operating the flight rather than the Shannon crew. Down to the divert to Dublin last night.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Delayed due to the STN crew operating the flight rather than the Shannon crew. Down to the divert to Dublin last night.

Tks, just saw that it was the Fuertaventura FR flight last night that diverted.
    Edit: if you're able to, would you mind elaborating on how the crew issue works? Is it the same crew as the diverted flight? More out of nerdy interest than specifically to my flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

SIN-EWR, which took off at around 5:00pm yesterday, should land in around two hours time.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Noxegon wrote: »
    SIN-EWR, which took off at around 5:00pm yesterday, should land in around two hours time.

Landing Now. Thats a long time on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Just saw DUB-ORD pass overhead central Dublin. Looks like runway 16 in use.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Noxegon wrote: »
    Just saw DUB-ORD pass overhead central Dublin. Looks like runway 16 in use.

It has been for most flights all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

SQ21 going back to Singapore.

https://www.flightradar24.com/SIA21/1e3012e7

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Water John

BTW the longest flight, from Signapore to New York flew last night.
    Over 15,000km and 19hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Was down in Clontarf all morning doing surveys. Swear I spent more time looking at the planes itself rather than the houses! But I was shocked at the number of departures that occurred this morning. I know Dublin is busy but this was nearing Heathrow levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭VG31

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Was down in Clontarf all morning doing surveys. Swear I spent more time looking at the planes itself rather than the houses! But I was shocked at the number of departures that occurred this morning. I know Dublin is busy but this was nearing Heathrow levels!

Runway 16 was in use this morning (south-easterly direction) rather than the usual runway 10/28 (east/west direction) due to the strong winds. This means that departing aircraft would be overflying the city when they would not normally be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner departed SNN about an hour ago, is this a U.S. rendition flight? Or does anyone have its reg. No data on FR

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Rendition flight ? Surely having to fly the Atlantic in a metroliner contravenes some human rights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

vicwatson wrote: »
    A Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner departed SNN about an hour ago, is this a U.S. rendition flight? Or does anyone have its reg. No data on FR

There are quite a number of civil Metroliners operating in Europe. Here is a recent SNN visitor.
    45061800702_2292c64dec_c.jpgOY-NPD SA-227 Metroliner North Flying by n707pm, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Does anyone know why 9am BA arrival LCY was cancelled? ba.com says weather. Was in winds in LCY?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rio1

Think it is likely fog. My Aer Lingus flight to Gatwick this morning was cancelled due to fog in London. Now sitting on a flight due to depart to Heathrow that has had a restriction placed on it for another hour due to fog in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭davetherave

Does anyone know why 9am BA arrival LCY was cancelled? ba.com says weather. Was in winds in LCY?

Flight restrictions due to low visibility. 4 arrivals per hour between 0520 and 0900. 8 arrivals between 0900 and 1000 and 14 arrivals between 1000 and 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

SQ21 The world's current longest flight is just off the west coast approaching Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Why does it not go over the pole?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Why does it not go over the pole?

It'll take the route with the most favourable winds I'd imagine. First one routed to Newark via the North Pacific and routed back to Singapore over the Pole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Sam Chui report on the inaugural of the resumed service (it previously operated with A340-500s):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jVv21yg4qw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR1472 (RYR255C) BRS-SNN and AC2362 (ROU2362) YYZ-SNN holding due to fog at Shannon. Currently 275m of an RVR at touchdown.

UA25 (UAL25) EWR-SNN diverted to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

JCX BXC wrote: »
    FR1472 (RYR255C) BRS-SNN.

Gone to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

RV2362 /ROU2362Air Canada Rouge has landed at SNN after a lengthy hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

BZ wrote: »
    SQ21 The world's current longest flight is just off the west coast approaching Clare.

The return flight SQ22 goes the same direction west to east .. two flights around the entire northern hemisphere. Like a massive m coming up the North Atlantic over Russia down near the equator .. then back up over the north pacific to the Arctic and back to Newark..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Gone to Cork.

Very rare that Shannon has fog and Cork doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The AN-22 is out and about!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Trebor176 wrote: »
    The AN-22 is out and about!

One its sister aircraft Antonov Airlines AN-124 just lining up for takeoff in SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

There was some weird plane flying over cork city around 1:40 today, seemed to be doing loops and was flying low enough. Was a prop aircraft. Checked flightradar but it was a private plane

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

C-GKOA,a shorts SC-7 Skyvan is based at Cork for the weekend since yesterday. quite a rare one,these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

C-GKOA,a shorts SC-7 Skyvan

Doing what?

I spent a lot of time in the SC7 operated by Shannon Executive :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement